PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculated INJURY

Status
Not open for further replies.
he could only have one leg, and BB would list him as questionable.

One leg is probable in Patriot Speak. No legs is questionable.

Only a flesh wound.....

Last edited:
Well, thats news and no mistake.....

If its true, it will impact our FA aquisitions. Re-adjust the focus. And add another straw in the keep Asante and tag him front.

That would suck for CJ, but there may be a silver lining....he may sign a short extension after this season for small money to re establish himself as a player. Could work out well in the long run for the team....

Well, thats news and no mistake.....

If its true, it will impact our FA aquisitions. Re-adjust the focus. And add another straw in the keep Asante and tag him front.

That would suck for CJ, but there may be a silver lining....he may sign a short extension after this season for small money to re establish himself as a player. Could work out well in the long run for the team....

yeah, I agree with Box of Rocks, if true, it means WR becomes an issue in FA. Kevin Curtis, Donte Stallworth, Denis Northcutt...

I can tell you one thing, reporters like Thomase or Reiss and others who do read the board, are going to start asking questions.

I can tell you one thing, reporters like Thomase or Reiss and others who do read the board, are going to start asking questions.

im coming to Boston tonight...so i'll spread the news and i'll get interviewed about it

I can just see Alan Greenberg now saying to BB, "how come patsfans gets the scoop before I do?"

If this is true, IMO the Pats should consider either Meachem or Rice in rd 1. If Jackson is out for '07, the earliest he would impact, if at all, as a starter is '09, the last year of his contract. By then Brady will be 32. For that reason a potential impact WR who can mature with Brady over the next 2 seasons would be a great asset. I don't see that receiver in FA. I'd rather draft Meachem or Rice, both excellent prospects, and essentially write Jackson off. My preference is Meachem. If Jackson returns and impacts, great, it's gravy.

It's extremely rare to win a SB without a pro bowl caliber, if not HOF caliber, pass catcher, be it at Wr or TE. Over the last 30 years...

2006: Colts: Wayne and Harrison
2005: Steelers: H. Ward
2004: Pats: none
2003: Pats: none

2002: Bucs: K. Johnson
2001: Pats: T. Brown
2000: Ravens: S. Sharpe
1999: Rams: Bruce, Holt
1998: Broncs: Sharpe, R. Smith
1997: Broncs: Sharpe, R.Smith
1996: Packers: A. Freeman
1992,3,5: Cowboys: Irvin, Novacek
1994: 49ers: J. Rice
1991: Redskins: Monk, G. Clark
1990: Giants: none
1988,9: 49ers: Rice
1987: Redskins: G. Clark, A. Monk
1986: Giants: Bavaro
1985: Bears: none
1981,4: 49ers: D. Clark
1983: Raiders: T. Christenson
1982: Redskins: A. Monk
1980: Raiders: C. Branch, R. Chester, D. Casper
1978-9: Steelers: Stallworth, Swann
1977: Cowboys: D. Pearson, BJ DuPree.

As I look at the list, only 4 teams have done it, 3 of them coached by BB. So if anyone can compensate, he can. Of course, this is all hypothetical based on a serious Jackson injury. But there is just enough circumstantial evidence to make one worry.

If this is true, IMO the Pats should consider either Meachem or Rice in rd 1. If Jackson is out for '07, the earliest he would impact, if at all, as a starter is '09, the last year of his contract. By then Brady will be 32. For that reason a potential impact WR who can mature with Brady over the next 2 seasons would be a great asset. I don't see that receiver in FA. I'd rather draft Meachem or Rice, both excellent prospects, and essentially write Jackson off. My preference is Meachem. If Jackson returns and impacts, great, it's gravy.

It's extremely rare to win a SB without a pro bowl caliber, if not HOF caliber, pass catcher, be it at Wr or TE. Over the last 30 years...

2006: Colts: Wayne and Harrison
2005: Steelers: H. Ward
2004: Pats: none
2003: Pats: none

2002: Bucs: K. Johnson
2001: Pats: T. Brown
2000: Ravens: S. Sharpe
1999: Rams: Bruce, Holt
1998: Broncs: Sharpe, R. Smith
1997: Broncs: Sharpe, R.Smith
1996: Packers: A. Freeman
1992,3,5: Cowboys: Irvin, Novacek
1994: 49ers: J. Rice
1991: Redskins: Monk, G. Clark
1990: Giants: none
1988,9: 49ers: Rice
1987: Redskins: G. Clark, A. Monk
1986: Giants: Bavaro
1985: Bears: none
1981,4: 49ers: D. Clark
1983: Raiders: T. Christenson
1982: Redskins: A. Monk
1980: Raiders: C. Branch, R. Chester, D. Casper
1978-9: Steelers: Stallworth, Swann
1977: Cowboys: D. Pearson, BJ DuPree.

As I look at the list, only 4 teams have done it, 3 of them coached by BB. So if anyone can compensate, he can. Of course, this is all hypothetical based on a serious Jackson injury. But there is just enough circumstantial evidence to make one worry.

Rice came out early.... Maycok thinks he is more of a young project.... Meachem sounds interesting.

If the CJ news is true, can we officially blank out his name from this board like so .... .......?

I'd rather draft Meachem or Rice, both excellent prospects, and essentially write Jackson off. My preference is Meachem. If Jackson returns and impacts, great, it's gravy.

The write up on Rice concerns me since Jackson cannot stay on the field. You didn't put down Bowe who grades out about the same as Meechem and Rice is it just that the other two have more speed than Bowe or something else?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11329

Weaknesses: He is lean and must add bulk to his frame. Lacks ideal strength and will get pushed around on occasion. Lanky frame and multiple "nicks" are reason for durability alert. Never suffered a major injury but he has had some minor injuries in the past, including hyperextend left knee and broken left finger in 2004, as well as broken left thumb in spring of 2006. Lacks ideal initial burst and will take too long getting into his routes at times. He is somewhat unpolished as a route-runner. Needs to learn to set defenders up better in man-coverage and to sell his fakes more consistently.

The write up on Rice concerns me since Jackson cannot stay on the field. You didn't put down Bowe who grades out about the same as Meechem and Rice is it just that the other two have more speed than Bowe or something else?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11329

Weaknesses: He is lean and must add bulk to his frame. Lacks ideal strength and will get pushed around on occasion. Lanky frame and multiple "nicks" are reason for durability alert. Never suffered a major injury but he has had some minor injuries in the past, including hyperextend left knee and broken left finger in 2004, as well as broken left thumb in spring of 2006. Lacks ideal initial burst and will take too long getting into his routes at times. He is somewhat unpolished as a route-runner. Needs to learn to set defenders up better in man-coverage and to sell his fakes more consistently.

the consensus from the draftnicks is that he is kinda of unpolished and raw.

Meachem is interesting, he exploded with production in his Jr. So you have only one really good year to go off of.

when did chad jackson become a sterter who requires replacement? if marquise hill suffers a severely stubbed toe does NE need to draft a D-lineman?

NE got by w/o Chad this year and they can do so again next year. i hope this is as bogus as it seems but let's not get carried away about his importance.

Last edited:
the consensus from the draftnicks is that he is kinda of unpolished and raw.

Just the way we like 'em - no bad habits to "unlearn".

As for CJ - if true, then at least his chronically bad hammies will get ample time to heal.

NE got by w/o Chad this year and they can do so again next year. i hope this is as bogus as it seems but let's not get carried away about his importance.

I think we were all expecting him to have greater production and more of a role next season and that will have to be replaced if this rumor is true.

I think we were all expecting him to have greater production and more of a role next season and that will have to be replaced if this rumor is true.

yeah, the Patriots tend to run 3 WR/1TE sets. If we could have a FA WR, like Kevin Curtis start, and then have the winner of the Gaffney/Calwell start opposite, the loser of that battle would slide down in the slot.

Looked at all of the second half special teams plays--CJ is on the field for a kick-off coverage in the third quarter, not in heavy action, can be seen trotting off the field. He does not appear to be in coverage after that play, nor do I see him anywhere on returns--CBS does not make it easy to get detail on ST play. No evidence of injury where I can see it.

Looked at all of the second half special teams plays--CJ is on the field for a kick-off coverage in the third quarter, not in heavy action, can be seen trotting off the field. He does not appear to be in coverage after that play, nor do I see him anywhere on returns--CBS does not make it easy to get detail on ST play. No evidence of injury where I can see it.

Thank you. If there is an injury, it certainly isn't a torn ACL from that game, then.

im coming to Boston tonight...so i'll spread the news and i'll get interviewed about it

i wouldnt.... bet on ....it.

Err...

I wouldn't bet on it.

(Nevermind my little knock at those who don't take the time to make their posts readable...)

Last edited:
i wouldnt.... bet on ....it.

Err...

I wouldn't bet on it.

(Nevermind my little knock at those who don't take the time to make their posts readable...)

The worst for me is when people don't you periods or commas and their post is just one long sentence. When I'm done reading it I feel like I'm out of breath and I can't remember what they were saying in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe