PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculated INJURY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. Anyone heard anything new about this?

Add me to the list of folks who has emailed a respected Pats reporter and has received a similar response: "knew he had an injury, didn't think it was serious, am looking into it."

Also, Scott Wright has become oddly silent about the issue since dropping the news last week. Remix6, have you tried PMing Wright about the injury?

Now this has spread to footbal futures, from a poster's mock draft:

28 . New England Patriots : Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
The Patriots had an impressive season despite their lack of a big play receiver last season. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback but he needs some weapons to catch the ball. Meachem is the vertical threat who will stretch the field and open room for the Patriots tight ends. Brady no longer has to worry about Reche Caldwell dropping the ball in clutch situations as the Patriots add a new weapon to his arsenal. He will fill a huge void left due to Chad Jackson possibly missing the entire 2007 season.

Someone please put an end to this.

Now this has spread to footbal futures, from a poster's mock draft:

28 . New England Patriots : Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
The Patriots had an impressive season despite their lack of a big play receiver last season. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback but he needs some weapons to catch the ball. Meachem is the vertical threat who will stretch the field and open room for the Patriots tight ends. Brady no longer has to worry about Reche Caldwell dropping the ball in clutch situations as the Patriots add a new weapon to his arsenal. He will fill a huge void left due to Chad Jackson possibly missing the entire 2007 season.

Someone please put an end to this.

Well, we'll know sooner or later, of course, with the Pats, it's probably later. And as much as I'd like to know simply b/c I've been a CJ supporter and think he can contribute in a big way next season, I guess I'd understand why the Pats would want to keep it under wraps if he was actually gone for any chunk of 07.

I wish Wright would chime in and clarify his posts a little bit more. They seem a bit vague to delcare he may miss the entire season.

Last edited:
Has John Tomase retired? He and Breer both posted in their blogs Sunday and not a word about this devastating injury.

Tomase's going to be pissed he got scooped about this.

That is if any legitimate news agency picks it up.

I guess that would have to mean if it's not a crock of s**t.

Has anyone seen Alisonlovesbrady lately?

Did that guy who claimed he was Jackson's uncle or cousin chime in on this yet ? I'm sure HE would know. He posted a lot during the season and pre-season.

Did that guy who claimed he was Jackson's uncle or cousin chime in on this yet ? I'm sure HE would know. He posted a lot during the season and pre-season.

Reminds me of when I was outside Fenway after the WS win, some kid had a sign that said "I'm Manny's cousin".

Anyway, I think the longer silence we hear on the issue, the more likely that the injury is not as severe as Scott Wright heard it to be.

Has John Tomase retired? He and Breer both posted in their blogs Sunday and not a word about this devastating injury.

Nobody is talking about this. It's kind of odd.

Nobody is talking about this. It's kind of odd.

Well, this is the craziest thing. I've just emailed Tomase after communicating with another Boston writer who just happened to be in the thread I was in at KFFL.

He said leg wrapped, Jackson looked pissed, Brady looked pissed, but no real information.

I would think anything of the severity mentioned in the countdown site would have to be ready to be operated on and so would make news.

I'll report back if I get an answer.

This thread has got to stop! If Chad Jackson's knee was wrapped, it only means he didn't return to the game. If it was such a big deal, Reiss would have noticed this and asked Patriots management about the status of Chad Jackson. Don't you think if Chad Jackson hurt himself that badly, he would have needed help getting off the field? Jim Nantz and Phil Simms would have noticed this and discussed this during the broadcast. This speculation crap needs to end now! Are you really going to believe some guy's- mothers'- brothers'-sisters'-uncle from that draft site? Give me a break! He doesn't know ****! I will believe when I hear from the Pats management.

This thread has got to stop! If Chad Jackson's knee was wrapped, it only means he didn't return to the game. If it was such a big deal, Reiss would have noticed this and asked Patriots management about the status of Chad Jackson. Don't you think if Chad Jackson hurt himself that badly, he would have needed help getting off the field? Jim Nantz and Phil Simms would have noticed this and discussed this during the broadcast. This speculation crap needs to end now! Are you really going to believe some guy's- mothers'- brothers'-sisters'-uncle from that draft site? Give me a break! He doesn't know ****! I will believe when I hear from the Pats management.

I agreed with you except Reiss has responded to a poster's email saying he thinks Chad hurt his knee but doesn't think it's serious and another writer responded to me just what I said.

I still think the original story is bull, but we might as well find out if we can since 2 writers say he was injured in the Indy game.

Might as well see what Tomase says.

Well, this is the craziest thing. I've just emailed Tomase after communicating with another Boston writer who just happened to be in the thread I was in at KFFL.

He said leg wrapped, Jackson looked pissed, Brady looked pissed, but no real information.

I would think anything of the severity mentioned in the countdown site would have to be ready to be operated on and so would make news.

I would be too if I was in the middle of one of the biggest meltdowns in postseason history.

no real information.

Thanks for posting if you get any more information. If there's no real information it is probably not a lack of the writers "asking."

Maybe posters think it should garner attention because he is at a "flashy" position, but in reality, a player like Kaczur was injured last year, missed T.C. and opening day (O'Callagan started). Nobody was probably emailing writers last year when our starting RT was injured.

As far as the severity ... who knows? I'm no doctor, but I have heard that sometimes football players with tendon injuries wait for the inflamation to go down. But you're right, the whole thing is crazy.

I'm 99% sure he's injured though. I'll betcha a doughnut hole though that Jackson won't be playing minicamps or at the start of T.C.

Thanks for posting if you get any more information. If there's no real information it is probably not a lack of the writers "asking."

Maybe posters think it should garner attention because he is at a "flashy" position, but in reality, a player like Kaczur was injured last year, missed T.C. and opening day (O'Callagan started). Nobody was probably emailing writers last year when our starting RT was injured.

As far as the severity ... who knows? I'm no doctor, but I have heard that sometimes football players with tendon injuries wait for the inflamation to go down. But you're right, the whole thing is crazy.

I'm 99% sure he's injured though. I'll betcha a doughnut hole though that Jackson won't be playing minicamps or at the start of T.C.

Although I still think the story doesn't add up, there apparently there is some injury and I'm curious now.

The poster who emailed Reiss got the reply, some kind of knee injury, I don't think it's too serious, but I'll look into it. I'm paraphrasing. I think it was at KFFL.

Hard to believe some guy at a draft board would know more than 2 beat writers, but I'd like to disprove the story first.

A whole season and off season is a long time to heal for a 22? year old.

I would be too if I was in the middle of one of the biggest meltdowns in postseason history.

True, but this was from a beat writer who was there. Chad wasn't really playing much and he indicated he looked really disappointed/frustrated about the injury.

I know that's reading a lot into it, but it's the impression of someone who covers the team.

Thanks for the lookout. That seems to be the standard answer from all of them..."yup, he hurt it, didn't think it was bad, etc."

Let's just hope that they're all correct, there's nothing more to it, and Wright was wrong.

I hope you're right. Right now, I think we'd all like some confirmation that CJ's injury was not as severe as Scott Wright heard it was. Until then, speculation is only natural. No one wants him to miss anytime next season, especially training camp, b/c if he's healthy and ready for TC, then he'll change the whole face of the receiving corp for next season. If he's not, then the Pats will have to consider spending some $ on a FA veteran wideout.

Last edited:
I hope you're right. Right now, I think we'd all like some confirmation that CJ's injury was not as severe as Scott Wright heard it was. Until then, speculation is only natural. No one wants him to miss anytime next season, especially training camp, b/c if he's healthy and ready for TC, then he'll change the whole face of the receiving corp for next season. If he's not, then the Pats will have to consider spending some $ on a FA veteran wideout.

John Tomase of the Herald just emailed me and he seems more doubtful than the others such a devastating injury could have occurred.

I don't really know the protocol on something like this as I should have asked him if I could print it. He pretty much says what we expect and I should just print the email.

I'll paraphrase for now, instead. Says he's looked into it and there doesn't seem to be anything there. Neither he nor anyone he's talked to has heard about a serious injury. Knee being wrapped doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Says the story sounds fishy since players can recover from ACLs in three months.

He says he doesn't think it's true, based on what he knows, but he'll keep digging.

John Tomase of the Herald just emailed me and he seems more doubtful than the others such a devastating injury could have occurred.

I don't really know the protocol on something like this as I should have asked him if I could print it. He pretty much says what we expect and I should just print the email.

I'll paraphrase for now, instead. Says he's looked into it and there doesn't seem to be anything there. Neither he nor anyone he's talked to has heard about a serious injury. Knee being wrapped doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Says the story sounds fishy since players can recover from ACLs in three months.

He says he doesn't think it's true, based on what he knows, but he'll keep digging.

Good to hear, thanks (to you and to Tomase) for looking into this further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft