PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculated INJURY

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I sure hope not I love Chad Jackson's potential I predicted we'd trade back up and nab him ever since I read he was writing plays down that BB gave him to memorize. My thought is this it's not fair damn't when people said he didn't grasp the playbook then how in the hell did he write the plays back on the board for BB. Everyone said he had a hurt hamstring we were being cautious then he's out on the kicking team and get's hurt god would it of killed us to send him on 10 deep routes in that colts game he had amazing hands in the combine big play capability in school. Why are we cursed at wideout since we traded deon and lost Givens I mean we lost fryar in the past Terry glenn cause he had sand in his vagina. I just want a deep threat that brady can throw too shoot give me Chris Chambers who i wanted to draft but everybody said no he's just another tony simmons. O god I hope he can participate in training camp and if he can't screw early round wide reciever were snake bitten in the early rounds. If were not gonna give the house for johnson i don't wanna see reciever in untill the third round unless Meachem or Stuckey is there looking at us.

GET WELL CHAD

YOU HAVE RECORDS TO BREAK AND THE HALL OF FAME TO BE ENSHRINED!

Take a deep breath....

From a longterm perspective, an injury to Jackson matters. It's more about 2008 and 2009 than 2007. If as a fan you held out hope of Jackson overcoming his immaturity and developing into a go-to WR for Brady's prime years, those hopes would be dealt a crushing blow by a severe leg injury. It would effectively end any hope of Jackson being an impact starting WR for the next 2 years- one for rehab, the second to reacclimate and prove himself again athletically and as a teammate. It is very difficult to win a Sb without probowl caliber pass receiver, and this team currently does not have one. Hopefully one will emerge. But if this rumor is true, that player will almost definitely NOT be Jackson. Some never felt it would be, and I guess they would consider his absence no great loss.

It's only news if the injury is severe and verified. Get the ferrets on it. If they find something, THEN it's worth 100+ posts. Right now, the state of the food in my dog's bowl is just as newsworthy as "Well, he got ice on his leg in the Colts game a month ago". I understand it's the offseason and things are slow. I'm just suggesting that we get some legitimate verification before we focus on life without the team's 4th (5th?, 6th?) receiver, since this is something that's been potential news for a month and can surely wait a little longer. This is even more true since the speculators can't decide between an Achilles injury and a knee injury.

As for the Pro Bowl caliber receiver, the Patriots were a couple of bad calls, stupid drops and/or the flu away from the Super Bowl with the group they had. Had they gotten there, they'd have faced a team they'd already beaten that season and been favored to win. Meanwhile, the Cowboys, with 2 Pro Bowl quality receivers, were bounced early.

It's only news if the injury is severe and verified. Get the ferrets on it. If they find something, THEN it's worth 100+ posts. Right now, the state of the food in my dog's bowl is just as newsworthy as "Well, he got ice on his leg in the Colts game a month ago". I understand it's the offseason and things are slow. I'm just suggesting that we get some legitimate verification before we focus on life without the team's 4th (5th?, 6th?) receiver, since this is something that's been potential news for a month and can surely wait a little longer. This is even more true since the speculators can't decide between an Achilles injury and a knee injury.

As for the Pro Bowl caliber receiver, the Patriots were a couple of bad calls, stupid drops and/or the flu away from the Super Bowl with the group they had. Had they gotten there, they'd have faced a team they'd already beaten that season and been favored to win. Meanwhile, the Cowboys, with 2 Pro Bowl quality receivers, were bounced early.

Can't argue with you. What you say has a lot of merit. Time will tell.

Disagree. We're doomed. :D

Ol' Felgie must be licking his chops hoping for a major setback like this.

You don't even know if it's an achilles or a knee!!

I'm willing to bet you lose a lot of money betting.

I trust Nelson. He saw his knee getting wrapped ... I believe him that CJ's knee was injured. You are hung up on what the draftnic said off-the-top-of-his-head. Set him aside ... and there are still 2 sources that say he is injured. I mean come on Ray ... are you arguing that 3 independent people just came up with it out of mid-air just to get Ray Clay to believe a story????

Last edited:
This all still seems feverish to me. Noone is really debating the possibility that he got hurt in the Colts game. What is being debated is the severity of the injury. We have all seen guys with torn achilles tendons...there just doesn't seem to be any way in hell that CJ could have torn it quietly...look what happened when Tedy strained a calf muscle last year!

And it is also a bit pointless to speculate that the Pats, given their secrecy about the injury report, would cover up something as major as an ACL tear, which would require surgery. If that is the case, then it will be announced very soon...you just can't hide surgery. Nor would there be any competitive advantage to be gained by hiding an injury in the offseason, through training camps, and into the preseason...only to then spring out the 'ha-ha, guess who's going on IR...' line. Once the swelling went down, CJ would have surgery, and that would be that. If we hear nothing within a month, I think we can assume that there was no tear, perhaps only a Rodney-like sprain. That might well be kept hushed, for now.

11 pages of thread over the validity of a report that is so credible that it didn't even know whether it was the knee or the Achilles?

There is 6 months to recover.
Unless the knee was totally blown out and needs reconstrructive surgery, this is nothing to be concerned with at all.

I cannot remember a Patriot player requiring SURGERY where we didnt find out until well after. IF the injury is severe, and could affect next year, almost certainly it would require surgery, and almost certainly the surgery would have already happened.
Anyone want to cite the examples of major injuries requiring surgery to Patriot players that no one ever found out abuot until long after? OK I will, list is below.

11 pages of thread over the validity of a report that is so credible that it didn't even know whether it was the knee or the Achilles?

Unless the knee was totally blown out and needs reconstrructive surgery, this is nothing to be concerned with at all.

I cannot remember a Patriot player requiring SURGERY where we didnt find out until well after. IF the injury is severe, and could affect next year, almost certainly it would require surgery, and almost certainly the surgery would have already happened.
Anyone want to cite the examples of major injuries requiring surgery to Patriot players that no one ever found out abuot until long after? OK I will, list is below.

Yes Andy, Steve Nelson from WEEI and a member of our media said, CJ's knee was injured. I agree with you that if the injury is severe, it would require surgery. You are right, there are 6 months to recover. I don't think he is out for the year. BUT I am worry that he might miss training camp, again.

As a doctor, I can tell you that many times, a torn ACL doesn't feel "painful". There is a pop and a weird feeling. The ACL is a ligament that prevents your knee from popping out of the joint forward.

There are many people who come to the hospital and say they "hurt" their knee, but have been walking around on it for weeks with it not getting better and finally making an appointment. Only after a physical do they realize that their ACL is torn.

Rather than pain, the feeling is more like your knee is about to give way. There's pain when there's certain turns or bending over, etc. But overall, it's more of a fluid feeling and a feeling like your knee is "lose".

He may very well have torn is ACL and been close to the sidelines and then limped/quickly taken off the field and then wrapped.

Hope that helps.

Even knowing he was injured and inactive for the Denver debacle, I don't recall any reporting on Kaczur's shoulder repairs, and his was a much more significant role than Jackson's. Boston area media had one week to wrap up the Indy loss and shift over to Super Bowl coverage, a Chad Jackson could have easily slipped through the cracks - PS23's media source suggests a thread magnet here didn't reach the same level at the sport's desk, somewhat of a confirmation of my hypothesis

All that said, Chad's boo-boo doesn't undercut the team anywhere near some of the more excited posts suggest. How is Dillon's golf game doing anyway?

are you arguing that 3 independent people just came up with it out of mid-air just to get Ray Clay to believe a story????
Why are you saying they are independent? The story came out of some draft site, and WEEI picked it up. That's only one source.

Remember, the story was that Jackson would be out for the entire 2007 season. Not hurt, out for the entire next year. Check Post #1. That's what we all find incredible. That Jackson is lost for the year, and the news story is broken by some internet guy who says, "You do know that Chad Jackson is out for 2007 with an injury, right?" Why would he expect anyone to know this? It had never been reported or even hinted at. And he knows that the injury is serious enough to keep Jackson out for a year, but doesn't know if the injry is to and ankle or a knee?

I'll wait until I see it on Reiss's Pieces before I fall for this rumor.

As a doctor, I can tell you that many times, a torn ACL doesn't feel "painful". There is a pop and a weird feeling. The ACL is a ligament that prevents your knee from popping out of the joint forward.

There are many people who come to the hospital and say they "hurt" their knee, but have been walking around on it for weeks with it not getting better and finally making an appointment. Only after a physical do they realize that their ACL is torn.

Rather than pain, the feeling is more like your knee is about to give way. There's pain when there's certain turns or bending over, etc. But overall, it's more of a fluid feeling and a feeling like your knee is "lose".

He may very well have torn is ACL and been close to the sidelines and then limped/quickly taken off the field and then wrapped.

Hope that helps.
Expert facts only confuse the issue! For instance, did he quote Mel Brooks movie lines? Did he sneeze at any point during the wrapping? Did anonymous media posters kneel and genuflect to Ron Borges at the two minute warning? Your medical knowledge just messes with reality (as practiced on CBS programming). ;)

Why are you saying they are independent? The story came out of some draft site, and WEEI picked it up.

No, I don't think WEEI picked it up from the draft site. Steve Nelson on WEEI said he was at the game, and saw for himself that CJ's knee was getting wrapped.

Expert facts only confuse the issue! For instance, did he quote Mel Brooks movie lines? Did he sneeze at any point during the wrapping? Did anonymous media posters kneel and genuflect to Ron Borges at the two minute warning? Your medical knowledge just messes with reality (as practiced on CBS programming). ;)

lol...........

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Doc. You confirmed what I thought (see post about a hundred above). Is it also true, as I believe, that a competent sports physiotherapist should be able to diagnose a torn ACL in about five seconds flat?

Whatever the story...

Missing a full off-season, mini-camp, and training camp sequence would be bad news for Chad Jackson and his prospects for contributing to the Pats in 2007.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Would the severity of the pain when the injury occurred determine the severity of the injury? Are their "grades" of ACL injuries like with other injuries?

Last edited:
No, I don't think WEEI picked it up from the draft site. Steve Nelson on WEEI said he was at the game, and saw for himself that CJ's knee was getting wrapped.

So your saying a backup player with a knee injury so severe he'd miss an entire season and off season would be kept on the bench having his knee wrapped?

Wouldn't he be sent immediately to the trainers room, hospital, xrays MRIs?

So your saying a backup player with a knee injury so severe he'd miss an entire season and off season would be kept on the bench having his knee wrapped?

Wouldn't he be sent immediately to the trainers room, hospital, xrays MRIs?

I never said that.

As stated beforw in this thread

Hart Lee Dykes without the strip joints.

At least Marquise will have someone to play with in the limo rides next year.

What a waste :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye