PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spec: Maroney headed for IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an opinion it's just made up ****.

Just like the First Amendment doesn't always apply - you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theater. Same thing. This should be banable on first offense in my world.

The first word in my TITLE was S-P-E-C!

That says right out front that this is speculation!

How is that screaming fire in a crowded movie house?

Since when did Conditioning have anything to do with CATASTROPHIC injuries such as Seau's arm and Harrison's clavicle, just to name a few?

Well, not so much Seau's arm or Harrison's shoulder, but how about the endless string of hamstrings and hyperextended knees and so on and so on...

I don't know, maybe I'm just too close to this team, but it seems like we have a lot of injuries to really important players, doesn't it?

Just bad luck? Maybe. But it still seems like a lot.

You know, it would help if you put a question mark behind your statement next time. If you don't have any concrete information that LoMo is going to the IR you shouldn't make a bold statement like that.

You know what? I really did not mean to get y'all riled up. I assumed you knew what "Spec" meant.

The first word in my TITLE was S-P-E-C!

That says right out front that this is speculation!

How is that screaming fire in a crowded movie house?
Screw off man. Just this morning I saw this again and, seriously, for 1/4 second thought "SH!T". You should know better than this if not you should go away.

Screw off man. Just this morning I saw this again and, seriously, for 1/4 second thought "SH!T". You should know better than this if not you should go away.

If you looked at the same thread twice and jumped to the same conclusion both times, that's your own damn fault, not his. You people are reading way too far into his post but that's pretty much the norm around this joint.

How do you judge a "1/4 second" exactly?

bleh

Last edited:
You know what? I really did not mean to get y'all riled up. I assumed you knew what "Spec" meant.

Spec could mean a lot of things. Because it's not something we see everyday like "OT" or "Rumor" you can't fault some of us for mistaken your thread for something serious.

Spec could mean a lot of things. Because it's not something we see everyday like "OT" or "Rumor" you can't fault some of us for mistaken your thread for something serious.

Okay. I can accept that.

For all future use: "Spec" is short for speculation...

Quite frankly, you really have no right to say those kind of things to this man. He has a right to an opinion, he DID say Spec, and we all know what is meant by that. Should he have put in a question mark? probably yes, but in either case, you have no right to use langue like that, directed straight at a poster. I got banned for the same thing but I am not suggesting they ban you but I think you need to apologize to the poster for your language directed at him, and not just once, but multiple times in this thread.
You need to do some research on how the human mind works.

We don't read every word. Or every letter. It's actually quite interesting, make a sentence with every word having the correct letters, scrambled, but the first and last letters being correct. You'll be able to read the whole thing almost immediately. Or most people can, anyway.

When you see a headline you don't always read the whole thing, you look at the middle part for initial context then fill in the blanks as needed. Not by choice, it's just how we read. Otherwise is would take too long. Most people will see Maroney and IR before their brain figures out what "Spec" means.

Bottom line : Regardless of what you lead with you should NEVER put a false statement as a headline because it WILL be misunderstood by many for a brief period. If he'd put "Maroney's Injury" or "Speculation on Maroney's injury" that would be fine. But putting a flat out made up lie as a statement and slapping "Spec" in front doesn't cut it.

A moderator should delete or lock this thing.

Last edited:

We don't read every word. Or every letter. It's actually quite interesting, make a sentence with every word having the correct letters, scrambled, but the first and last letters being correct. You'll be able to read the whole thing almost immediately. Or most people can, anyway.

When you see a headline you don't always read the whole thing, you look at the middle part for initial context then fill in the blanks as needed. Not by choice, it's just how we read. Otherwise is would take too long. Most people will see Maroney and IR before their brain figures out what "Spec" means.

Bottom line : Regardless of what you lead with you should NEVER put a false statement as a headline because it WILL be misunderstood by many for a brief period. If he'd put "Maroney's Injury" or "Speculation on Maroney's injury" that would be fine. But putting a flat out made up lie as a statement and slapping "Spec" in front doesn't cut it.

You msut be in a rael hrury if you dno"t hvae the tmie to raed an etirne hnidaele.

Apparently, Armen you need to spell out ALL words. Maybe you ought to do it phonetically, also. It seems the abbreviation "spec" has irritated a few people...

Last edited:
You msut be in a rael hrury if you dno"t hvae the tmie to raed an etirne hnidaele.
Dn'ot bmlae me, man, it's jsut the way it wroks. Dael wtih it :) I'm not syniag you dno't raed the wlohe tnhig, jsut not idmlmetliay.

Last edited:
... I can't make this one out... :D

:( i am dmub...
Headline :)

It does get harder with longer words. But it's actually amazing how easy is is to read words like this with 6 words or less. And also how people do not start headlines with word one.

Need I go on? All of that was uncalled for.
LOL, you little snitch . . . I bet you got beat up a lot in high school :D

You are a really angry person, you know that?

The point of the post, which by the way you have kept thriving with your rants and profanity, was to point out how Belichick masks injuries right until the point the person goes on IR.

That was it. Nothing more. If you read it thoroughly, instead of getting yourself all bent about the title, you would have known that.

My bet is at least 1, maybe 2 of the following 3 end up on IR within 1-2 weeks: Maroney, Wilfork, Watson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes