PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: NFL working toward disciplinary findings without negotiating with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, if he doesn't fight any suspension, it signifies guilt. BUT, Maybe Kraft is telling him to just accept whatever punishment is being handed down. Kraft already stated his team will accept whatever punishment is handed down.

I won't accept that. Brady won't either. That's the equivalent of taking a dive during a fight, or shaving points in a game.

I won't accept that. Brady won't either.

I hope Brady won't accept it....it will ruin his legacy if he gives up...not to mention devastate fans like me

If Goodell stands firm, then the arbitration process before an independent arbitrator, usually a federal judge, begins. The NFL has not done well at that stage of the process. The lack of any evidence in the Wells report becomes central to any decision at that point.

I don't think there's any such "arbitration process before an independent arbitrator, usually a federal judge".

I think what has happened is that players have actually sued the league in federal court saying the decision of the arbitrator should be vacated.

I agree with you, if he doesn't fight any suspension, it signifies guilt. BUT, Maybe Kraft is telling him to just accept whatever punishment is being handed down. Kraft already stated his team will accept whatever punishment is handed down.

If Kraft told Brady to do that, I'm pretty sure Brady would tell him to **** off within 2 seconds. Brady has a brand and a post-football career to protect. If he's innocent, I really, really don't see him just accepting guilt.

If Kraft told Brady to do that, I'm pretty sure Brady would tell him to **** off within 2 seconds. Brady has a brand and a post-football career to protect. If he's innocent, I really, really don't see him just accepting guilt.
Won't happen. If Bob would have told TB12 to accept it that would further tarnish the brand. No way in hell Bob wants that. With that said, Bob is playing both sides of the fence. If TB12 is guilty, he can absolve himself. Its cold, but possible...

Ray Lewis was fined $250,000 for obstructing a murder prosecution and what Brady was possibly aware of what may or may not have possibly happened is most likely possibly worse that that so a full season suspension sounds right to me.

Are you going to quote every ****** in America with a twitter account?

According to Google, She writes for the Houston Chronicle and was on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

Thats what I hate about social media. People with absolutely no credentials and stupid opinions influencing the thoughts of millions. Awful.

According to Google, She writes for the Houston Chronicle and was on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

Thats what I hate about social media. People with absolutely no credentials and stupid opinions influencing the thoughts of millions. Awful.

And apparently this turd is going to post every one of them in here.

Ray Lewis was fined $250,000 for obstructing a murder prosecution and what Brady was possibly aware of what may or may not have possibly happened is most likely possibly worse that that so a full season suspension sounds right to me.

Brady had air on his clothes and he threw them in a dumpster. He failed to tell that to investigators.

What's with the temper tantrum?

images

Dude you need to relax

@Ivan Do I have your permission to make another post, or am I going to need to check with you everytime, so you don't get mad

I think what has happened is that players have actually sued the league in federal court saying the decision of the arbitrator should be vacated.

That was my impression also, even more so I think they had to petition the judge to get the NFL to have a new arbitrator which the NFL still selects...think the judge had to approve but I dont know if thats just me spouting crap or not.

Arbitration is not going to be a cake walk, Goody wont rule against his guys.

I don't think there's any such "arbitration process before an independent arbitrator, usually a federal judge".

You may be correct in cases that do not involve substance abuse or criminal conduct. It's confusing after the NFLPA and NFL agreed to a new policy in January 2015 following the Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson cases.

Goodell waived his role as the hearing officer in those cases under pressure from the NFLPA. He might hear Brady's appeal or he might opt for an arbitrator since the case is so fraught with risk for the Commissioner. It may be true that the only recourse is a law suit, or an appeal to the NLRB for a ruling.

Arbitrator in Ray Rice case agreed to between NFL and NFLPA:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tral-arbitration-in-ray-rice-appeal/16449659/

Arbitrator in Greg Hardy case used after Goodell waived his role as the hearing officer of the appeal, and it was the same one as in the Adrian Peterson case: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...on-roger-goodell-domestic-violence-suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back