PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Aqib Talib wants top-of-the-market deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot stands to happen between now and tomorrow at 4pm. However if anyone has to walk, I prefer it be Talib over Edelman.
Really? Can you explain your thinking?

reiss thinks it's to keep talib

Like Most fans I'd prefer Revis over Talib but would be happy bringing him back and using the money saved on a pass rusher.

Really? Can you explain your thinking?

It was in the form of an either-or "what if" scenario, assuming it had to come down to that and you had to make just one pick.

My argument was that I would choose Edelman over Talib because Edelman has a slight over edge over Talib in that he plays ST, and is our PR, so to speak.

Like Most fans I'd prefer Revis over Talib but would be happy bringing him back and using the money saved on a pass rusher.

Talib for 9, Revis for 12 and Peppers for um.. 10.

Dont worry, Madden has turned me into an expert at these kind of things.

Though wait, it says Im 20 million in the red... grr.

Ok dont worry, I can fix this... still got to fit in Steve Smith..;)

just mike shanahan it.

Like I said.. I'd prefer Revis but would be happy signing a cheaper Talib and using the saved cash on a pass rusher

so, apparantly NOT ONE team has offered talib a contract...who woulda thunk teams dont want to pay 10million$ for an oft injured cornerback.

I have a bad feeling that the Patriots have yet underestimated the value of CBs and will find that Talib signs (elsewhere) for more than they could have had him for if they franchised him. Hopefully the Patriots can reel him in, but I have that sinking feeling that they let Talib slip out of their fingers...

I have a bad feeling that the Patriots have yet underestimated the value of CBs and will find that Talib signs (elsewhere) for more than they could have had him for if they franchised him.

Based on Verners deal..that's not going to happen

I have a bad feeling that the Patriots have yet underestimated the value of CBs and will find that Talib signs (elsewhere) for more than they could have had him for if they franchised him.

The franchise numbers meant that we'd have had to pay Aqib Talib almost 12 million dollars guaranteed for 2014, then be right back in the same scenario next offseason.

I highly doubt that Bill Belichick considered franchising Talib for one second. It would have been crazy stupid.

I could see Talib getting a 4 yr/30M/16 deal

I wonder if they're holding back on Talib to try to talk to Revis first. Wish Bucs would cut him already.

I wonder if they're holding back on Talib to try to talk to Revis first. Wish Bucs would cut him already.
Talk to Revis about what? How he's going to destroy their salary cap structure?

It's risky business but I hope so, would suck if they lose out on both.

Talk to Revis about what? How he's going to destroy their salary cap structure?

I don't care if our salary cap structure gets destroyed for 1 year. Do you?

Or are you cool with Dennard, Ryan, Arrington and friends getting toasted by Denver again?

I like Talib but his hip is always a nagging problem and never healthy when he need him. Here's what I'd do.

Cut Wilfork. That gives us an extra $7.5million in cap space. Sign Revis and Browner.

Trade a 2016 1st rounder and 2014 6th rounder for another team's 1st rounder this year. Or the Texans' 2nd rounder (basically a 1st). Draft a DT (Nix?) and TE (Amaro, S-Jenkins?) with our two 1sts.

Sign Allen, Woodyard, Nicks, Pollard, re-sign our own Edelman & Blount.

Release Wilson and Sopoaga too. Extend some others (Ghost, Mankins) to free up some space too.

Just day dreaming.

Talib got his top of the market deal.

top o' the market to ya' laddy...

morning-to-kathy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back