PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something To Ponder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What would've happened if Haynesworth had done what he did, but instead of it being to some unknown offensive lineman, it was to a star, like say Peyton Manning?

Don't both men deserve the same rights, respect, and protection?

How would fan reaction have differed?

Media Reaction?

Union Reaction?

League Office Reaction?

Would five games and an apology have been ok if Peyton Manning had 30 stitches in his face and plastic surgery?
Players miss 2-3 games with pulled hamstrings. 5 games seems like nothing to me. I'm just curious if someone did that to Manning if people think it would be the same.
I don't.

SamBam39 said:
What would've happened if Haynesworth had done what he did, but instead of it being to some unknown offensive lineman, it was to a star, like say Peyton Manning?

Don't both men deserve the same rights, respect, and protection?

How would fan reaction have differed?

Media Reaction?

Union Reaction?

League Office Reaction?

Would five games and an apology have been ok if Peyton Manning had 30 stitches in his face and plastic surgery?
Players miss 2-3 games with pulled hamstrings. 5 games seems like nothing to me. I'm just curious if someone did that to Manning if people think it would be the same.
I don't.

I think that's a valid question. To put it in context of another situation - what if Cincy's Robert Geathers had clocked Peyton Manning instead of Trent Green? Would the hit have drawn a flag? A fine?

I'm with you that the league looks to protect its assets (hence the new roughing the passer rules), and my gut tells me that Haynesworth would have been suspended for much longer had he done the same to Manning. I don't even want to imagine the media circus that would be generated.

Murphys95 said:
I think that's a valid question. To put it in context of another situation - what if Cincy's Robert Geathers had clocked Peyton Manning instead of Trent Green? Would the hit have drawn a flag? A fine?

I'm with you that the league looks to protect its assets (hence the new roughing the passer rules), and my gut tells me that Haynesworth would have been suspended for much longer had he done the same to Manning. I don't even want to imagine the media circus that would be generated.

Exactly.
and more to my point, I see people giving the opinion that they think the punishment is fair, but I think people have taken their minds off of what happened to the victim, and just how bad it was. I'm saying - let's make the victim less invisible. let's make the victim peyton manning. still think the punishment is fair? how bout tom brady? I think once you make the victim more real to you, the crime seems more real and it becomes more important for the punishment to really fit the crime. that guy shouldn't be playing again this season in my opinion.
If I was the lineman, I would've pressed charges. that would've given him some punishment. I'm assuming there was all kinds of external pressure for him not to.
I'd like to hear one of these talking heads on tv bring this up and discuss it. Would 5 games have been enough if the victim was manning? I bet there would've been a much, much bigger stink about this if it had been. Imagine polian's reaction? and dungy's? All I'm saying is I think this victim's plight has been minimized in people's minds. This was a terrible thing to have happen to you and for a guy to just miss a few games isn't enough. He isn't suffering enough. and losing the pay doesn't hurt him as much as people might say. these guys make tons of money and losing some isn't that big of a deal.
maybe someday, something like this WILL happen to a star. and it will be interesting to see what happens since they are now setting precedent.

If Peyton Manning got his faced hammered, there would be commercials the following Sunday featuring Peyton for:

a pain relief medicine for metrosexuals . . . "Peyton's Pink Pill Pain Potion"

facial cosmetic surgery . . . "Don't be a horse face like I was"

one for male menstual cycles . . . "For your monthly Manning"

lawsuit happy law firm run by two guys named Moe . . . . "Don't let them kick you in the head! Fight back with Moe, Manning, Manning & Moe"

Patriotic said:
If Peyton Manning got his faced hammered, there would be commercials the following Sunday featuring Peyton for:

a pain relief medicine for metrosexuals . . . "Peyton's Pink Pill Pain Potion"

facial cosmetic surgery . . . "Don't be a horse face like I was"

one for male menstual cycles . . . "For your monthly Manning"

lawsuit happy law firm run by two guys named Moe . . . . "Don't let them kick you in the head! Fight back with Moe, Manning, Manning & Moe"

LOL!
I am so sick of his mug every 5 seconds.
they are making the world over-saturated with peyton manning !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case