PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who will be cut given 6 will have to go??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last year I though Cassel would be cut, I will forever hold my peace. (And I'll hold my piece since that feels so good.:) )

Every single one of us here has been completely wrong on occasion.

We just don't try to make it a habit.

Last edited:
Every single one of us here has been completely wrong on occasion.

We just don't try to make it a habit.
Um, there are exceptions to your last line who come to mind...:nono:

Yo! You SO fly!

So does that mean you agree? You mean to tell me no one gets irritated by this poster's negative comments all the time?

Maroney--OK, been there. Still going to be the #1 RB most likely. Watson--definitely our #1 TE. Seymour--speaks for himself, future HOFer. But his idea of cutting all 3? It's like he hit the tri-fecta for horrible ideas.

Or are you just poking fun at my username from the '72 movie about THE original pimp? (before my time but still priceless)

So does that mean you agree? You mean to tell me no one gets irritated by this poster's negative comments all the time?

Maroney--OK, been there. Still going to be the #1 RB most likely. Watson--definitely our #1 TE. Seymour--speaks for himself, future HOFer. But his idea of cutting all 3? It's like he hit the tri-fecta for horrible ideas.

Or are you just poking fun at my username from the '72 movie about THE original pimp? (before my time but still priceless)
You got the Wicked Pissah seal of approval, now quick, smack him before he gets away.

clubbing+seals.jpg

Thems fighting words

:banned:

That is what I think of your posting... Besides the fact that those cuts would hurt the team financially, they also hurt the team on the field.

You might want to actually do some research before throwing out names...

P.S.. Its not a compliment when someone uses some of your statements in their signature to continuously mock you...

Last edited:
:banned:

That is what I think of your posting... Besides the fact that those cuts would hurt the team financially, they also hurt the team on the field.

You might want to actually do some research before throwing out names...

P.S.. Its not a compliment when someone uses some of your statements in their signature to continuously mock you...
Richard Seymour-overpayed underproducer, Ben Watson- Pro Volleyball player who tends to cause interceptions, Maroney- First Round pick and nice glass figurine...I root for the Patriots, I see these 3 as dragging my team down ala Julio Lugo....sometimes its best to take the hit just to clean out the trash. You can blindly support those three all you want and pine for the return of david patten too. Me I am more inclined to lop off the infection. I could give two squirts if my statements are in someones signature and maybe my thoughts were wishful thinking but when Im right I expect them to stay there.

To try to get things back on track..this thread was NOT about cuts to get to the 53 but about the next few cuts that have to be made in the next 9 days..BEFORE training camp....I would hope that all those big name players would be part of the 80...I really doubt any of the players mentioned would be cut at this point..

You got the Wicked Pissah seal of approval, now quick, smack him before he gets away.

clubbing+seals.jpg

OT... but why do celebs actually care about the seal hunt ? Hey - they get to be free and live in the wild ! Not our fault they too dumb to hide. Chickens ! THEY get a raw deal. Bred to get fat and die in a tiny cage. Nobody cares. Why ? Not cute. Free the chickens ! Inhumane ! Get off your rocker ex-Beatle Paul !

Rant over... back to regular programming.

Last edited:
I would go along with your very initial list (Barnes, Nunn, White, Ortiz,

Love, and S. Williams). After McKenzie is signed he can be put on IR and a

player added back to the roster. The question is what the scoop is with

regard to Barnes and White. They were tryout players who logically

should be among the first to go. Is it BB's intention to hold onto

them for the entire camp and put them on Reserve/Military? Unlike

Kettani, neither of these players is that good a prospect.

I would go along with your very initial list (Barnes, Nunn, White, Ortiz,

Love, and S. Williams). After McKenzie is signed he can be put on IR and a

player added back to the roster. The question is what the scoop is with

regard to Barnes and White. They were tryout players who logically

should be among the first to go. Is it BB's intention to hold onto

them for the entire camp and put them on Reserve/Military? Unlike

Kettani, neither of these players is that good a prospect.
I just think any of the above could be amongst the 5 cuts (gvn McKenzie will be IRed) But I also think it is quite obvious as these were amonst the last players signed post draft. There MIGHT BE one or two who stay..but..I just do not see any vets cut at this point.

Not sure why people count McKenzie as one of the six because he's not currently under contract and doesn't count against the Patriots roster number.

I think that many of the players mentioned could definitely be the ones let go. However, I'd like to throw in Eric Alexander, Dan Connolly, Antwain Spann, Ray Ventrone (less likely), and BJGE.

Richard Seymour-overpayed underproducer,

WTF are you talking about "over-paid, under-producer"? You clearly didn't watch a single game last season. And one has to wonder if you know a damn thing about the 3-4 2 Gap defense.

Ben Watson- Pro Volleyball player who tends to cause interceptions

You seriously need to get your eyes checked. Watson had 4 drops last year. A dropped pass is considered one that he should have caught. How many of those resulted in Ints? Please let me know when you can provide some factual basis to support your claim.

Maroney- First Round pick and nice glass figurine...

Glass figurine? Why? Because he's had 2 injuries in his career? And he tried to play through the 2nd one, which was a broken shoulder. Damn man, you just keep showing how clueless you are.

I root for the Patriots, I see these 3 as dragging my team down ala Julio Lugo....sometimes its best to take the hit just to clean out the trash. You can blindly support those three all you want and pine for the return of david patten too. Me I am more inclined to lop off the infection. I could give two squirts if my statements are in someones signature and maybe my thoughts were wishful thinking but when Im right I expect them to stay there.

I doubt the veracity of your statement that you root for the Patriots. Either you are lying or you just are completely clueless about football. I'm not sure which.

There is nothing BLIND about my support. I live in reality, unlike yourself. You live in some fantasy land where you think that the best defensive player the team has is under-producing. In fact, nothing you can provide can support your claims that Seymour is underproducing. Where you think a player who tries to play through an injury is made of glass. OH, btw, I have never pined for David Patten's return. I knew that he wasn't coming back after the Pats basically benched him at the end of the 2004 season.

Of course you don't care about how idiotic you sound or the fact that people think your a troll. You're like the town fool in that respect.

Last edited:
I think that many of the players mentioned could definitely be the ones let go. However, I'd like to throw in Eric Alexander, Dan Connolly, Antwain Spann, Ray Ventrone (less likely), and BJGE.

Not BJGE, please! He made the 53 last year and played (in my opinion) really well when called on. What is more, he is a big, powerful runner whose style is not like that of the other Patriots running backs. So what is different? We lost Jordan and gained Taylor. Perhaps BJGE doesn't make the 53, but cut now? That would be HARD.

*crickets*

cuts that need to happen nunn, ortiz, richardson or wilhite, kenny williams, gutierrez or hoyer, kaczur, yates, bruschi, mike wright

spann, wesley britt, tank williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back