PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we meet again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the typical lazy superficial sports fan,I ask those in the know ....What did the Patriots change up in the 2nd quarter of the last Denver game that caused the defense to stiffen? I hope it was more than the turnovers.

I believe that they went from the 4-3 back to the 3-4 ....not sure WHY they didn't do it sooner!

I'm very surprised but equally excited to have another shot at the pats. I broke down our team before the last matchup, so there isn't too much new to add. Tebow was beginning to look like he was regressing before last week, but he stepped up big time for the upset win. I predicted a 2 td win for the pats last time, but I think this one will be closer...I still don't think we can pull off the win, but I'm hoping for a good game. There's a decent chance I make it to Gillette, and if I do, I'm sure it's probably a good idea not to be too loud, for some reason I doubt even being nice will help me make friends during a home playoff game. As with last time, feel free to ask any questions about Denver, although I'm sure you got a good idea of what we're like from week 15. Patriots 38, Broncos 31

Tebow isnt putting up 31 points.

I disagree, Denver's offense is certainly not threatening, but the Patriots defense will allow them to get their points. Depending on how cold it actually is (single digits?!), and if there's any snow to deal with, I could see a 27-20 game, but I don't see Denver struggling to score. Consistent scoring is unlikely, but I'd say 14 points first half, 14-17 second half.

Actually, I think we will be playing a very similar game. If it weren't for last week I'd say we would come out throwing, but now that defenses are forced to watch the pass, I bet we go right back to the run, with success. And I think the pats will be ok with that. We probably will move the ball and then struggle in the red zone. As long as we're held to field goals, I think you guys will be content letting us run while you pass for 350 and 4 tds. Defensively, I think there will be a lot of 4 man rushes. Looking at the stats, Brady killed us against the blitz. If Von miller and Dumervil can get pressure off the 4 man blitz, we could do pretty well. If not, Brady will have all day to throw again.

We will be very, very conservative. If we play a turnover free game we can stay in it. Aside from the occasional deep bomb to keep you honest, I'd expect a heavy dose of running plays and cautious defenses.

1. If it snows, you lose. Period.

2. Thing is, over a 16 game season trends show up, and you guys cough up the ball and we take it away. I think you guys were -7 or something on the year and we were something like +17. We will take the ball from you at least twice.

I'm very surprised but equally excited to have another shot at the pats. I broke down our team before the last matchup, so there isn't too much new to add.

Tebow was beginning to look like he was regressing before last week, but he stepped up big time for the upset win. I predicted a 2 td win for the pats last time, but I think this one will be closer...I still don't think we can pull off the win, but I'm hoping for a good game.

There's a decent chance I make it to Gillette, and if I do, I'm sure it's probably a good idea not to be too loud, for some reason I doubt even being nice will help me make friends during a home playoff game.

As with last time, feel free to ask any questions about Denver, although I'm sure you got a good idea of what we're like from week 15.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

Best of luck to you RYO, you are one of the good guys who visit our board, very informative and you seem to know a lot not only about Denver, but the teams they are playing.

As far as tomorrow's game, I really can't see the score being that high. And I actually see a very close game (due to our crappy defense). I would not be shocked by a 20-17 or a 24-21 type of game, and that could be with Denver coming out on top, or losing, not sure. I think the Pats are mentally stronger than the last two years teams that got crushed in the first round at home. I think they come out on top, but in a VERY tight game, maybe even a come from behind type game for the Pats, as is their M.O. over the last 4 games. They seem to flourish when they are behind.

Thanks for that link Cavtroop...Great explanation of what the Pats D was doing!....Let's hope they can do this tommorrow from the beginning.

In summary:

"As soon as NE played with good gap integrity (facilitated by a shift to the balanced 34) against the run, and stayed within their rushing lanes against the pass, Denver was useless. A simple adjustment for a simple offense. This one came down to simplicity and execution. "

Long snappers are almost never talked about until there is a special teams breakdown. With Paxton being declared out for Saturday, the Broncos will be breaking in a new LS at the most inopportune time. Considering the temperature and 10+ kicking plays, any issues with snaps will likely be a disaster for the Broncos.

If you're not obnoxious, you'll make friends. You seem like a nice guy so I'm sure you'll be fine.

By "nice guy" Patjew means: "wear something neutral, look at your shoes the whole game, don't get up to go to the bathroom until the game is over. and no matter what, no Tebowing!"

It's good advice. You'll be fine.

We'll be watching. What section, row and seat number is on your ticket?

:eek:

So it wasn't a closer game then last time, boy was I off. We didn't play well at all, but that's not to take away from the incredible performance put on by the Pats.

Sorry for bumping this thread now, although I'm sure you'll all take some delight in seeing the thrashing revisited. I forgot to stop back after the loss and didn't want you all to think I wasn't coming back.

I may be back before then, but at the very least I'll be back for our matchup next year. And I'll definitely be sporting a Broncos jersey for that one at Gillette. Hopefully it's at least an interesting game. :D

Best of luck in the playoffs.

So it wasn't a closer game then last time, boy was I off. We didn't play well at all, but that's not to take away from the incredible performance put on by the Pats.

Sorry for bumping this thread now, although I'm sure you'll all take some delight in seeing the thrashing revisited. I forgot to stop back after the loss and didn't want you all to think I wasn't coming back.

I may be back before then, but at the very least I'll be back for our matchup next year. And I'll definitely be sporting a Broncos jersey for that one at Gillette. Hopefully it's at least an interesting game. :D

Total class....... Thanks for coming back. Tebow is a good human being and I'm glad he breathed life into your season. Not sure he is the long term solution, but he gave you guys a hellava ride this year.

Now, of course if you asked the Ratbird fans that have flocked in, our win over you doesn't count because you guys are the worst team in the history of teams that have ever made the playoffs :rolleyes:

But I digress...... Congrats on your season, you have much to be proud off.

Classy. Thanks. The Ravens fans out here so far have proven to be idiots, so we'll miss your thoughtful comments and good-natured trash talk.

Please ask Tim Tebow to put in a good word with the Man upstairs (and I don't mean John Elway) on behalf of the Pats!

Thank you for your insight into the Broncos last week, RYO. Best wishes for a good offseason and productive draft for you guys. Not being a smartass, but I would look into a QB and a WR. That defense is good and the OL can block

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News