PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So we meet again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYObroncosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'm very surprised but equally excited to have another shot at the pats. I broke down our team before the last matchup, so there isn't too much new to add.

Tebow was beginning to look like he was regressing before last week, but he stepped up big time for the upset win. I predicted a 2 td win for the pats last time, but I think this one will be closer...I still don't think we can pull off the win, but I'm hoping for a good game.

There's a decent chance I make it to Gillette, and if I do, I'm sure it's probably a good idea not to be too loud, for some reason I doubt even being nice will help me make friends during a home playoff game.

As with last time, feel free to ask any questions about Denver, although I'm sure you got a good idea of what we're like from week 15.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

I'm very surprised but equally excited to have another shot at the pats. I broke down our team before the last matchup, so there isn't too much new to add.

Tebow was beginning to look like he was regressing before last week, but he stepped up big time for the upset win. I predicted a 2 td win for the pats last time, but I think this one will be closer...I still don't think we can pull off the win, but I'm hoping for a good game.

There's a decent chance I make it to Gillette, and if I do, I'm sure it's probably a good idea not to be too loud, for some reason I doubt even being nice will help me make friends during a home playoff game.

As with last time, feel free to ask any questions about Denver, although I'm sure you got a good idea of what we're like from week 15.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31
If you're not obnoxious, you'll make friends. You seem like a nice guy so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

Good to see ya back, RYO.

You were a true asset to the board last time and we appreciated your insight.

Last edited:
He doesn't sound obnoxious, but he does sound a bit optimistic. Not sure Denver can score 31 against Pats.

I feel a double digit win by Pats...10-11 points.

Pats get Mankins and Vollmer back to help protect Brady. Chung should help shore up the secondary. Pats D has to stop Denver's running game which it took them awhile to accomplish last game. Hopefully BB's Defense learned theiir lesson in the last game and make adjustments quicker.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

Regarding your prediction....I agree with the Pats winning,but IMO there is no way that Denver puts 2 consecutive upper 20s to lower 30s games back to back when they havent done that most of the year.

If this game is going to be a 1 score game its going to have Denver at about 20 or less ..say a 27-20 game or more like a 20-13 game

In other words,if this game is going to be within 7 points then the Patriots are going to struggle a bit on offense and not put 30 on the board because I see no way that Denver lights up anywhere near 29 points this week...even with this crappy Defense.

Last edited:
How do you see Denver game-planning against us this time? Curious to see how you look at it from the other side.

The only time I know of where visiting team's fans got a bad reception were some VERY obnoxious JETS fans, and they were, by and large, the minority of those visiting.

You'll find some good-natured rivalry, but no bad receptions these days.

As to the JETS fans, a couple years back there were 3 of them here in Bath, Maine, visiting and they got hammered at a local bar while wearing JETS ball caps and jerseys/shirts. I was there when they stopped outside my favorite pub, and started hurling F-bombs and other profanities at the Patriots fans inside.

Fortunately, the local Police arrived (their station was only about 100 yards away) and kept those JETS fans from getting a serious beatdown. It had gotten right ugly as a number of patrons had filed out of the bar to confront those yahoos.

I write this to show it as an exception to the rule. I've sat in all of the local pubs here on game day with fans from other teams, and despite some bantering, there was never any problems.

So welcome back, and if you get to the stadium I wish you a good time.

I will cry if we give up 31 pts to Denver. CRY. Especially with one of their best OL out and Decker out.

Regarding your prediction....I agree with the Pats winning,but IMO there is no way that Denver puts 2 consecutive upper 20s to lower 30s games back to back when they havent done that most of the year.

If this game is going to be a 1 score game its going to have Denver at about 20 or less ..say a 27-20 game or more like a 20-13 game

In other words,if this game is going to be within 7 points then the Patriots are going to not put 30 on the board because I see no way that Denver lights up anywhere near 29 points this week...even with this crappy Defense.

I disagree, Denver's offense is certainly not threatening, but the Patriots defense will allow them to get their points. Depending on how cold it actually is (single digits?!), and if there's any snow to deal with, I could see a 27-20 game, but I don't see Denver struggling to score. Consistent scoring is unlikely, but I'd say 14 points first half, 14-17 second half.

How do you see Denver game-planning against us this time? Curious to see how you look at it from the other side.

Actually, I think we will be playing a very similar game. If it weren't for last week I'd say we would come out throwing, but now that defenses are forced to watch the pass, I bet we go right back to the run, with success. And I think the pats will be ok with that. We probably will move the ball and then struggle in the red zone. As long as we're held to field goals, I think you guys will be content letting us run while you pass for 350 and 4 tds. Defensively, I think there will be a lot of 4 man rushes. Looking at the stats, Brady killed us against the blitz. If Von miller and Dumervil can get pressure off the 4 man blitz, we could do pretty well. If not, Brady will have all day to throw again.

We will be very, very conservative. If we play a turnover free game we can stay in it. Aside from the occasional deep bomb to keep you honest, I'd expect a heavy dose of running plays and cautious defenses.

I am just not sure Denver has enough play makers to score 30+? DT is one but Bill will likely do his best to take him away. Who else is there? McGahee? Royal? Decker is not going to be there. If Denver scores more than 20 I will be surprised and not happy.

I disagree, Denver's offense is certainly not threatening, but the Patriots defense will allow them to get their points. Depending on how cold it actually is (single digits?!), and if there's any snow to deal with, I could see a 27-20 game, but I don't see Denver struggling to score. Consistent scoring is unlikely, but I'd say 14 points first half, 14-17 second half.

Actually, I think we will be playing a very similar game. If it weren't for last week I'd say we would come out throwing, but now that defenses are forced to watch the pass, I bet we go right back to the run, with success. And I think the pats will be ok with that. We probably will move the ball and then struggle in the red zone. As long as we're held to field goals, I think you guys will be content letting us run while you pass for 350 and 4 tds. Defensively, I think there will be a lot of 4 man rushes. Looking at the stats, Brady killed us against the blitz. If Von miller and Dumervil can get pressure off the 4 man blitz, we could do pretty well. If not, Brady will have all day to throw again.

We will be very, very conservative. If we play a turnover free game we can stay in it. Aside from the occasional deep bomb to keep you honest, I'd expect a heavy dose of running plays and cautious defenses.

Disagree.

The only spark of life the Broncos exhibited in their HOME game with the Pats was the first quarter when they were able to bully and smash mouth the 4-3 D of the Pats.

Spikes and Chung are now back.

The Pats have weaknesses against the pass. Not so much against the run when healthy.

With all due respect, I see a 20+ point win for New England tomorrow night.

this game unravels quickly for the broncos.

the broncos/steelers game was an aberration.

for the broncos to win, the pats basically need to not show up

If I were McCoy, I'd be calling pass plays that involved stacking the WRs and forcing the Patriots to make coverage diagnoses and/or switches with Royal and Thomas. There's almost no chance in hell that the Patriots could cover that.

Fortunately for me as a Patriots fan, I don't think McCoy will go that far from the basic "Run/Run/Pass" system he's been calling. I think he'll put Tebow in situations where he's forced to throw deep outs and deep ins (Go routes and the like will be limited by the Patriots keeping a safety 15-25 yards off the line), and those are the sorts of passes where Tebow gets too conservative to make a high enough percentage of them.

Then, when Tebow can't get it done, people will blame the Quarterback instead of the playcalling.

Time will tell, though. The Broncos can win this game. I just don't think they will.

Last edited:
Being the typical lazy superficial sports fan,I ask those in the know ....What did the Patriots change up in the 2nd quarter of the last Denver game that caused the defense to stiffen? I hope it was more than the turnovers.

My gutt.....The Pats adjusted well for the 2nd meeting vs that Miami wildcat offense a few years back. I see some similarity in the circumstances. And...this ain't Denver. The cabernet crowd will overwhelm Tebow with their grape soaked enthusiasm....if they decide to come out into the cold.

as long as your not a jets fan..you are fine

Broncos have a bright future with a good young quarterback and receivers and excellent defensive line, but this year's run ends tomorrow in lopsided fashion.

Denver's best D = long drives on O and the Pats bend but don't break D will allow that. But that also means multiple plays and multiple chances for turnovers. As bad as NE's D is their +/- was one of the best in the NFL if not the best I believe. Our 2ndary has decent hands as do our LBs and Wilfork. It will be very interesting.

as long as your not a jets fan..you are fine

With all due respect there are no worse fans than Jets fans. I hate to stereotype but 90% of them are awful blowhards.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

Good luck on your trip, if you decide to make it. Enjoy the game, it appears that you are prepared for the outcome not going for the Bronc's.

Patriots 38, Broncos 31

RYO Broncos fan,

Wear one of these, and I'm 100% sure you'll have people buying you beers.

NFL Denver broncos jersey Maroney Laurence 26 purple jerseys for youth

enjoy the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back