PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Michael Sam Is Gay, Who Cares? Can He Rush The QB?

The whole world would be basically watching.

But this media circus would be way different. For example: Who talks to Sam and who does not would be its own story and single out those players that dont like him.

I seriously doubt that the Pats would want to bring the added scrutiny on themselves.

Bring in Sam and Tebow. Put their lockers next to each other. (I'm not saying Tebow would be homophobic - I think the opposite as he would love the sinner and hate the sin -- like a good Christian that actually read the Bible and did not become an Atheist. Sorry for the soapbox rant.)

It would make an area with reporters that players would avoid.

You throw the words "most of us" around like it's true, yet the country is overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage and really is just sick of hearing about it.

Nobody cares.

Sorry.

?Americans Move Dramatically Toward Acceptance of Homosexuality | NORC.org

http://www.people-press.org/2012/11/09/behind-gay-marriage-momentum-regional-gaps-persist/

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...r-gay-marriage-outweighs-opposition-in-polls/

Unless you're referring to the over-70 crowd, you're simply wrong. With the notable exception of the about-to-die demographic, the rest of the country is in favor of gay marriage.

lol @ that link and it's manipulation of statistics.

Care to explain how? How about these ones, while you're at it:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...r-gay-marriage-outweighs-opposition-in-polls/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154634/acceptance-gay-lesbian-relations-new-normal.aspx

http://www.people-press.org/2012/11/09/behind-gay-marriage-momentum-regional-gaps-persist/

Let me guess, you're one of those geniuses who swore up and down that 538 was manipulating data in 2012, and that unskewed polls had the REAL projections when they were predicting that Romney would win in a landslide. I thought that you guys crawled back in whatever cave you came out of after 538 turned out to project every single state correctly.

I'm about 99% sure that you have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd love to hear you explain how 538, Pew, and Gallup are all manipulating the data to pursue some vast homosexual agenda.

Also, you may want to check this out: http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm

If you're willing to actually consider the possibility that you might be wrong, I think you'll find those results pretty eye-opening.

If that's how we're gauging what's natural and what isn't, then homosexuality is far more natural than running a 4.7 40 at 260 pounds.

Vince Wilfork is then an abomination in the eye of God. He must be the anti-christ.

I'm so tired of celebrating sexual perversity in mainstream American society.
Just because one particular man likes another man in his _______ does not mean I need to hear about it, care about it, fight for it, champion it, rally banners over it, or anything else.

Taking a step back from American society and looking it over from an outside perspective reveals a lot of things, none of which fills me with pride.

I'd rather we don't draft him, regardless of how he can play, because I don't want to hear about his bedroom preferences every time he makes a play.

Pass.

I can hear Madden talking "he smelled the a hole and went to the end zone."

Apparently, Sam's father isn't as proud as some of you are lol

Last Tuesday, Michael Sam Sr. was at a Denny’s near his home outside Dallas to celebrate his birthday when his son sent him a text message.

Dad, I’m gay, he wrote.

The party stopped cold. “I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr. said. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment.

“I’m old-school,” he added. “I’m a man and a woman type of guy.” As evidence, he pointed out that he had taken an older son to Mexico to lose his virginity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/sports/football/for-nfl-prospect-michael-sam-upbringing-was-bigger-challenge-than-coming-out-as-gay.html?hp&_r=0

Care to explain how? I'm about 99% sure that you have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd love to hear you explain how FiveThirtyEight, the same source that correctly predicted every single state's results in the 2012 election, is an inaccurate resource for polling data.

I'm not going to read through pages and pages and pages on an issue I'm not that passionate about. I remember about 7 years ago the American people were overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage to the tune of 70~80%.

If it's changed that drastically in such a short span of time, that tells me three things:

1. Americans completely lack sound political ideology, and are easily swayed in whatever direction the media leads them.

2. They are sick of hearing about it and simply want it off the table as a political campaign subject.

Or

3. Your statistics are wrong and misleading.

lol @ that link and it's manipulation of statistics.

Then give us proof that show that America is overwhelmingly against gay marriage.

I'm not going to read through pages and pages and pages on an issue I'm not that passionate about. I remember about 7 years ago the American people were overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage to the tune of 70~80%.

If it's changed that drastically in such a short span of time, that tells me three things:

1. Americans completely lack sound political ideology, and are easily swayed in whatever direction the media leads them.

2. They are sick of hearing about it and simply want it off the table as a political campaign subject.

Or

So you have no idea what you're talking about and are unable to actually back up your claim that the statistics are manipulated. Gotcha.

Ironically, the answer to your question is that activism--the very thing that you're freaking out about in this thread--is the culprit for this dramatic shift. Pro-gay activism has demonstrated to the 'average voter' (who I agree is basically a political vacuum without any real guiding principles) that gay people aren't monsters. They're not pedophiles, and they don't exist solely in the seedy, perverted underbelly of society. Gay people are your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers, and even your football team's defensive end sometimes. This is exactly why, contrary to what you're saying, it is important that gay people come out of the closet if they're comfortable doing so. It shows the rest of us that they're just normal people. The only reason why we didn't realize that a long time ago is because so many gay people stayed in the closet, so we assumed they were straight because they seemed normal.

Now that people accept that homosexuals are generally just regular people, the prejudice against them is quickly going away, to the point that in younger demographics it's not even really a thing anymore (that's the other driving source of the change: people under the age of 40 just don't really care). My best friend happens to be gay. So is my boss. Doesn't bother me at all.

Apparently, Sam's father isn't as proud as some of you are lol

That's his knee-jerk reaction. You may want to check back with Sam Sr. next year.

Chances are, he'll have woke up and realize his son is more important to him than his son's sexual orientation.

Hey, the 50s are also "not bad" because you can hang black people from a tree if they don't mind their own business and no one will bat an eye-lash. Guess we should start doing the same thing with these queers, too!

:rolleyes:

Hey, I don't agree with him but how'd we get from "He'd be a distraction" to lynching gays?

Hitler reference in 5...4...3...:)

Last edited:
I remember about 7 years ago the American people were overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage to the tune of 70~80%.

Proof?

Or

1. What does sexual orientation have to do with political ideology?

2. What proof do you have of that?

3. Again, prove it. Don't just say it.

Proof?

1. What does sexual orientation have to do with political ideology?

2. What proof do you have of that?

3. Again, prove it. Don't just say it.

I guess you guys missed the whole Bush v Kerry Presidential campaign when this issue was front and center. Claiming Americans have long supported gay marriage is either revisionist history or just a bunch of bull****.

If so many people support your lifestyles, why are you so angry and bitter towards American society? Listening to you guys ramble on, you would think the entire nation is San Fransisco.

Speaking of "integrity"...

628x471.jpg

Yeah.....

lol

"I don't want his activism" and "I don't want him being an influence to children" are just statements that homophobic people use because they know it's no longer acceptable to say "I don't like how people are allowed to be openly gay".

15 yards for strawman argument.:)
I read "I don't want his activism" but I did not see "I don't want him being an influence to children." Perhaps I missed it.

It is a challengeable call.:)

Here's some more integrity from the gay pride patrol:
126023982.r7RVlxx9._D706524.JPG

Surely, BradyFTW, you can come up with more fitting words to describe your crusade.

That's his knee-jerk reaction. You may want to check back with Sam Sr. next year.

Chances are, he'll have woke up and realize his son is more important to him than his son's sexual orientation.

It depends how strongly his beliefs are. If he's a man of incredible integrity, that might overcome even the fact that it is his son.

You think so? A guy who is a pillar of moral rectitude like this?

he pointed out that he had taken an older son to Mexico to lose his virginity.

Here's some more integrity from the gay pride patrol:

126023982.r7RVlxx9._D706524.JPG

Surely, BradyFTW, you can come up with more fitting words to describe your crusade.

I really don't need to. You're doing such a fine job of making an ass of yourself that I really don't need to pile on.

What the liberal fascist thought police are going to have to understand is that not everyone, and not every culture, is compatible with this:
ny3.jpg

Fictional characters like Ned Stark, Darth Vader, Elrond aren't compatible with this.

Historical figures like George Washington or Leonidas aren't compatible with this.

And real people, millions upon millions upon millions of us (the majority of the world) aren't compatible with this.

You can pretend that "gay" is a meaningless word that only means "victimized," but it isn't. That's just what you want to be the case because it suits your agenda. Give some definition to the word "gay," like photos of gay pride parades do, and it's revealed that it is something more, something most sane and dignified and honorable people would take issue with when it's rubbed in our faces.

Go ahead, call me a homophobe, then ask me how many ****'s I give.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back