PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Michael Sam Is Gay, Who Cares? Can He Rush The QB?

Want a prime example? Go to post #19.

The OP of that post made some pretty dumb comments here, but what does the lynching of African Americans in the 50's have to do with this thread? By the way, the poster that I quoted edited it to add in the "queers" part. Before, it was primarily about African Americans.

FYI, Sam has specifically said that he does NOT want to be an activist, that's not his personality or priority, he just wants to play football. (Deciding to tell your own story before others attempt to tell it for you is not "activism.")

Next objection?

Yeah, and Obama is a political outsider.

So you hate America up until the 1960's?

Glenn Beck, is that you? It doesn't surprise me that your incredibly narrow and ignorant world view requires that everyone who disagrees with you must hate America, but... that doesn't make it true. Keep arguing that point, though - I could call you stupid in 100 straight posts, but I could never make that point as clearly as you're making it by continuing to post this crap that you apparently believe.

Glenn Beck, is that you? It doesn't surprise me that your incredibly narrow and ignorant world view requires that everyone who disagrees with you must hate America, but... that doesn't make it true. Keep arguing that point, though - I could call you stupid in 100 straight posts, but I could never make that point as clearly as you're making it right now.

I have a narrow and ignorant world view because I don't celebrate homosexuality?

Who has a narrow and ignorant world view here?

And seriously... I'm from Boston. Have you ever met anyone from Boston that crouched into a fetal position because a holier-than-thou "progressive" called them a `homophobe?` lol.

****in Homos - YouTube

For the record, I don't care if people call me a "homophobe." If that's the term you want to use, have at it.

It isn't going to frighten me into adopting your belief system.

I don't particularly care what you do or don't believe. You're a bigot, and people like you will always exist. What's important is that other people--people who actually have a bit of integrity and decency in the way that they see the world--realize that you're a bigot with a fundamentally ****ty view of the world.

People like you are only dangerous to the extent that you can hide how much of your belief system is based in fear and hate. Speak enough and you reveal what you are, at which point you alienate any decent person that happens to hear you.

For example, at the start of this thread, your position appeared to be "I don't care if he's gay, but I don't want activists on this team". Your belief was pretty clearly phrased that way because it was about as homophobic a sentiment as you can express without being immediately written off as a bigoted *******. You communicated your point in a way that might actually lead someone to believe that a reasonable person could arrive at that conclusion, without their thought process being governed by hating on gay people.

Now, a few posts later, it's clear to anyone who reads this thread that you are a bigoted *******, and just like that, no decent person will care about your opinion on this or pretty much any other subject going forward.

I don't particularly care what you do or don't believe. You're a bigot, and people like you will always exist. What's important is that other people--people who actually have a big of integrity and decency in the way that they see the world--realize that you're a bigot with a fundamentally ****ty view of the world.

People like you are only dangerous to the extent that you can hide how much of your belief system is based in fear and hate. Speak enough and you reveal what you are, at which point you alienate any decent person that happens to hear you.

What does a man who has sex with another man have to do with integrity?
Do you hear how ridiculous you sound?

We're talking about homosexuals and gay activism here, not the Knights of the Round.

You can romanticize it as "a cause" all you want but at the end of the day it's just a man doing X, Y and Z sexually to another man.

My basic opinion on this is I'm okay with anyone's sexual preference. If Michael Sam is gay, cool. Good for him. I don't think it should stop him from getting the kind of job that he wants in the future (which is, apparently, professional football). But, while I'm okay with it, I don't think it's natural at all. So in the light of Edelman advocating his sexual preference for "hot" women in public, most will look at that and not bat an eyelash because it's more natural for a man to have a sexual desire toward a woman than it is for a man to have a sexual desire toward another man. Hope that made sense. If not, let me know. It's been one long day.

You're right, it's been a long day.

What gives you the right to judge what is unnatural and what is natural? Just because there are more straight people does not make them any more "natural."

I have a narrow and ignorant world view because I don't celebrate homosexuality?

Who has a narrow and ignorant world view here?

And seriously... I'm from Boston. Have you ever met anyone from Boston that crouched into a fetal position because a holier-than-thou "progressive" called them a `homophobe?` lol.

****** Homos - YouTube

You're right, you're not celebrating homosexuality, you're scorning it.

What does a man who has sex with another man have to do with integrity?
Do you hear how ridiculous you sound?

We're talking about homosexuals and gay activism here, not the Knights of the Round.

You can romanticize it as "a cause" all you want but at the end of the day it's just a man doing X, Y and Z sexually to another man.

And there you have it. You don't care about him being an 'activist' (in your book, existing as a gay person = being a gay activist anyway). You just think gay people are gross and you don't want one on the Patriots. At least be honest about it.

On another note, this may be the first patsfans article to be banned to the subforums. Keep it up guys, I think we're gonna make history.

He is a ticking PR bomb, assuming there are not others.

If he is cut, the question will be is it prejudice. It will be a question even if the "prejudice" is against "undersized" line backers who can not set the edge - or whatever. (I do not know about him as a player, I wanted a legitimate thing to cut a line backer for.)

Not a slam on him. If there are, say, 10 others coming out, then this becomes a non-issue.

The OP of that post made some pretty dumb comments here, but what does the lynching of African Americans in the 50's have to do with this thread? By the way, the poster that I quoted edited it to add in the "queers" part. Before, it was primarily about African Americans.
Hey, I enjoy a spirited political debate (and that's what this has become) as much as anyone, but this isn't the place for it and, frankly, I'm not going to alter anyone's opinion and the converse is likely true, as well. So, I'll bow out. But, I will say this: it's impossible for me to understand how anyone can despise another human being s/he has never met based upon the person's sexual orientation. And the disclaimer that "I don't hate the person, I hate the lifestyle" is cowardly BS and those who employ it know that better than anyone. I'm done.

You're right, it's been a long day.

What gives you the right to judge what is unnatural and what is natural? Just because there are more straight people does not make them any more "natural."

If that's how we're gauging what's natural and what isn't, then homosexuality is far more natural than running a 4.7 40 at 260 pounds.

And there you have it. You don't care about him being an 'activist' (in your book, existing as a gay person = being a gay activist anyway). You just think gay people are gross and you don't want one on the Patriots. At least be honest about it.

If only I was! Then you would really have me where you want me! Exposed to the world!

lol.

He is a ticking PR bomb, assuming there are not others.

If he is cut, the question will be is it prejudice. It will be a question even if the "prejudice" is against "undersized" line backers who can not set the edge - or whatever. (I do not know about him as a player, I wanted a legitimate thing to cut a line backer for.)

Not a slam on him. If there are, say, 10 others coming out, then this becomes a non-issue.

I wonder how much of this "gay rights" hysteria is being driven by trial lawyers wanting to engineer the next wave of "discrimination" law suits with the ignorant sheeple coming along for the ride with a shiny new cause to get offended over at dinner parties.

If only I was! Then you would really have me where you want me! Exposed to the world!

lol.

Not to the world, just to Patsfans. I'll take it, though. At least posters here recognize that you're exactly the type of person who drove Bill Russell to hate Boston in the first place.

I wonder how much of this "gay rights" hysteria is being driven by trial lawyers wanting to engineer the next wave of "discrimination" law suits with the ignorant sheeple coming along for the ride with a shiny new cause to get offended over at dinner parties.

The only hysteria that I see is from a dying breed of hateful people that can't stand the fact that the world is passing them by. Turns out that it's pretty much okay to be gay, now, since most of us have figured out that hating people based on sexual orientation is stupid.

BTW, you give trial lawyers way too much credit. If you seriously think that trial lawyers are the driving force behind broad social changes, then you're a profoundly stupid person.

Not to the world, just to Patsfans. I'll take it, though. At least posters here recognize that you're exactly the type of person who drove Bill Russell to hate Boston in the first place.

I'm sorry to inform you that the vast majority of REAL people do not get up in arms over gay right hysteria. If you think so, you've been spending too much time at left-wing political forums and not enough time in the real world.

The only hysteria that I see is from a dying breed of hateful people that can't stand the fact that the world is passing them by. Turns out that it's pretty much okay to be gay, now, since most of us have figured out that hating people based on sexual orientation is stupid.

BTW, you give trial lawyers way too much credit. If you seriously think that trial lawyers are the driving force behind broad social changes, then you're a profoundly stupid person.

You throw the words "most of us" around like it's true, yet the country is overwhelmingly opposed to gay marriage and really is just sick of hearing about it.

Nobody cares.

Sorry.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes