PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...do the Colts and Pats even play this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Saints are looking a lot weaker week by week but the Colts D still stopped them at fullpower.
Yeah. That's about the most ******ed thing one could ever read in this particular forum. Essentially you're trying to tell us that the Saints offense, which has sucked all year, didn't suck so bad against Indy but were simply shut down because of Indy's dominating defense... It wasn't until week 2 that the Saints started sucking. Before week 2, they were good...!!! They really were..!!

Last edited:
The game is in the Dome too, it's on.
We're a great turf team now too. Honestly, I'm a pessimist by nature and it's not like me to run my mouth with confidence but I'll go further and say, injuries being equal, that the Patriots will be up by 10+ for the entire 4th quarter.

LMAO @ some guy saying he's feel comfortable that the Pats would win by 10.

You're comfortable going against a team that has been putting up 31ppg and have stuck up the join when it comes to redzone offense. We'll be better by week 9, trust me.

You're not worried about playing an improved defense that is tackling better than in previous years.

We're better than last years regular season team, and we have over a month to improve and y'all have a month to come back down to Earth, be afraid.

The game is in the Dome too, it's on.

The Colts have won their last two games by a combined 8 points, including the Texans game where Houston was without its best receiver but still put 24 points on the board against that "improved" defense. The Colts scored 22 and 30 points, respectively.

Looking at the next 4 games, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts to drop 2-3 of those games, and I fully expect Jacksonville to beat them.

We're a great turf team now too. Honestly, I'm a pessimist by nature and it's not like me to run my mouth with confidence but I'll go further and say, injuries being equal, that the Patriots will be up by 10+ for the entire 4th quarter.

alright then. I'll bookmark this thread just to make sure you don't forget that statement, and if by some small chance you're right I'll give you your props, but you are in for a rude awakening if you really think the Pats are going to march into the dome and the Colts are going to be a pushover.

with all the other news going around it seems that the fact is lost that one of the biggest (most hyped) games in regular season history will be going down in a few weeks. Pats come to the Dome for the last time ,new look Pats against the defending champs. Anybody else wish it was next week?

I think you are mistaken in that if the pats make it to the playoff they are on in indy in 08 too.

You base that on nothing but the weak competition you guys have played.
I believe Brady has lost 2 turf games in his career - 1 regular season, 1 in the playoffs last year. Your time will come buddy.

At one time or another TWO of our previous THREE opponents made the playoffs, so there!!!

HAHAHA!!!

Jets-Not worthy of the playoffs LAST YEAR, and won't sniff the POST SEASON this year.
Buffalo-Well, they're Buffalo
SD-Not even counted as a quality win! Only 3 games in, and they aren't considered "quality" at this point.

Your opponents 2-7 (none with a winning record)
Ours 4-5 (two with a winning record)
Here's the problem with your logic (well, one of many)... You make it sound like the Patriots are just barely winning their games. They don't make the schedule. They can only play the teams that are assigned to them and, in all 3 cases thus far this year, they have thoroughly dominated their opponents.

WTF more do you want them to do..? Each team will have their chances to prove themselves against quality opponents (not to mention each other).

alright then. I'll bookmark this thread just to make sure you don't forget that statement, and if by some small chance you're right I'll give you your props, but you are in for a rude awakening if you really think the Pats are going to march into the dome and the Colts are going to be a pushover.
No problem - I'm married so I'm used to being told I'm wrong. But, as with my wife, I'm right; you just don't know it :D

I am 100% confident we'll be back to putting up 30+ PPG against Indy - the last three times we didn't for reasons we know - a brutally decimated team 3 times ago and sh!t at WR the last two. Top WR = Indy playing straight up = Sanders not stopping the run = Patriots doing what they want. Indy will score but our defense will be pretty good and way improved over last year.

Injuries being equal = boring but happy 4th quarter for us.

Actually we put up 34 the last time we played them. And still lost.

Indy scares me to death - NO 4th quarter lead seems comfortable to me against that offense. I'm confident that we have the horses this year to beat them in any kind of game (shootout, defensive struggle, whatever), but unless we're up by at least 3 scores, it won't be a 'boring' 4th quarter for me!

Actually we put up 34 the last time we played them. And still lost.
That's why I say "injuries being equal". No Harrison, Wilson, Gay, Thomas, it's a different defense now. And the Colts were largely healthy.

Regarding the 34 - yeah, but 7 were on defense and we had a great kick return which I think led to 3 more. 30+ OFFENSIVE points, baby.

If I were a Colts fan, I'd be worried (for several reasons) that four out of the top five tacklers on the team are in the secondary.

You didn't watch the game it was 27-10 going into the fourth. We played ball control and played a prevent defense to make them eat clock. It's no wonder the Texans offense didn't put the ball into the end zone until the 4th quarter until when we played "Eat the clock" with the Texans.

That touchdown in the first quarter came off a kick return not because the Texans had a dominant offense. so the Texans didn't score on offense until the fourth. When you just look at the final score it appear it was a close game.

With that said, we actually lost to a lesser Texans team last year and beat the Pats to go to the Super Bowl, so your logic falls flat on it's face when you use the Colts are squeaking by argument.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats go 10-6 and get put out in the second round. Peaking early is a recipe for disaster.
I guess you're easy to amaze.:rolleyes:
Get ready to be surprised alllllll year.

You didn't watch the game it was 27-10 going into the fourth. We played ball control and played a prevent defense to make them eat clock. It's no wonder the Texans offense didn't put the ball into the end zone until the 4th quarter until when we played "Eat the clock" with the Texans.

That touchdown in the first quarter came off a kick return not because the Texans had a dominant offense. so the Texans didn't score on offense until the fourth. When you just look at the final score it appear it was a close game.

With that said, we actually lost to a lesser Texans team last year and beat the Pats to go to the Super Bowl, so your logic falls flat on it's face when you use the Colts are squeaking by argument.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats go 10-6 and get put out in the second round. Peaking early is a recipe for disaster.

Your response does nothing to change my point. Your team will improve, but the Patriots have peaked too early? You have absolutely no basis for this, but use it as if it's a meaningful assertion. I love the "they had a lead" argument, though, especially coming from a Colts fan. After all, the Patriots had a lead last year, too, yet you know how that played out.

The simple truth is that the Colts have won close games in 2 of 3 weeks, and the Patriots have been burying their opponents.

I strongly disagree. The Colts are the Champs and as of now have won 8 games in a row, the Defense is playing strong the offense is not clicking and is still scoring 31 ppg. Plus the AFC South is the toughest divison in football right now. Who have the Pats played?? http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_987_2007_Quality_Standings.htmlI I have faith in the champs

You where just itching to use that link :rolleyes: Fact is the afc south is overrated. The texans didnt have some of there best players when you played them. They could beat you. The titans are a decent team, you almost lost to, and the saints suck.

The colts have a favorable schedule. This AFC south talk is Garbage. The colts are not as good as they think they are. The titans should have won that game.

Typical colts fan.

Last edited:
Okay we came close to losing to the Titans but we were up 19-6 on our on 1 yard line after the Titans punter did a good job of putting the ball there. Peyton throws a pick deep in our on territory because Reggie Wayne got hacked on the play, it was a bad non call. We both know bad non calls can turn a game around *coughs* tuck rule *coughs*

I already busted you on the Texans game, we never came close to losing they didn't score till the 4th quarter, and we straight beat up the Saints. with that said we're not playing our best and are scoring 31ppg against better teams and our red zone offense is horrible at best and the only game we came close to losing should have happen.

We scored 32 second half point. We came out after half time and we went down the field and scored. We didn't wait till the fourth.

The titans should have beat you. They are not that good.

The texans played you minus some of there key players

The saints are horrendus

How can a football team "peak" early? Oh I get it, they are playing well so they must bepeaking! Not The pats dont even have Rodney and Seymour back yet. The NE offense is not playing its best yet either. They just got David Thomas back and Brady has only had three games with his new players. He is still burying Manning in the stats dept tho. Your team is overrated. Hootin and holerin about beatin the titans by two frekin points! Beating the texans minus there best wr , and beating up on the terrible saints. Oh boy.

Last edited:
Peaking early is a recipe for disaster.

How do you know we're peaking early? You could be climing Mount McKinley, while we're climbing Everest. :D

I wouldn't be too happy if I were a Pats fan.

Yes you would, and I'd be pretty damn happy if I were a Colts fan. Because a wins a win, nuff said.

The three teams the Pats have played aren't the freakin' steel curtain you know. I doubt the Pats are peaking now they just need to play real competition. Looking at what the Packers did against the Chargers D i doubt they are playing their best football. We both know the Jets and Bills are bottom feeders. I wouldn't be too happy if I were a Pats fan.

The chargers are as good as the titans are at there worst. Pats crushed em. Colts should have lost that game tot he titans. Titans handed it away. Chargers where 1 - 0 when we played em. Pats crushed them. The chargers dominated that GB game. They found a way to lose , they where not outplayed. Infact Rivers set a franchise completion recod in the first half.

The jets are better then the saints. The bills suck , and so dont the texans minus there best weapons ( when you played em). I mean honestly how are you going to brag about beating up on them when they are missing key players?

Colts are overrated just like the afc south.

Last edited:
Your response does nothing to change my point. Your team will improve, but the Patriots have peaked too early? You have absolutely no basis for this, but use it as if it's a meaningful assertion. I love the "they had a lead" argument, though, especially coming from a Colts fan. After all, the Patriots had a lead last year, too, yet you know how that played out.

The simple truth is that the Colts have won close games in 2 of 3 weeks, and the Patriots have been burying their opponents.

[/QUOTE]The simple truth is that the Colts have won close games in 2 of 3 weeks, and the Patriots have been burying their opponents.[/QUOTE]

If you go back to say, '04, and you switch those teams around in your statement, we'd see spin about how much winning the close ones during the season will help in the postseason, when just the contenders are left. And that blowing out your opponent doesn't prepare your team for the offseason.

You guys are a bunch of trolls on your own board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back