PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So AFC is a fair fight now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty bummed all afternoon about Gronk. The situation makes me even more upset how we screwed up last year's opportunity. However, trying to cheer myself up I pretty much realized it's basically a fair fight now to get to the SB in the AFC.

And as I have been posting for a while the Pats would have to epic screw up to not get the 2 seed. Which they certainly should still be able to win a "fair fight" divisional game at home. Also, they have a decent shot at the #1 seed still, but worst case this team is in the AFCCG on the road. It would be a fair fight probably at either Oakland or KC. (but it might be at home)

I like our chances to get to Super Bowl 51 regardless. Then it's one big game. As a sports fan it should be exciting.

I would rather play in Oakland than in Kansas City. If we have to go out on the road.

Taking away Gronk makes it easier to shut down Edelman, if you take away him and stuff the run then this team is entirely beatable with this defense, i wanna see how they do in Denver and Miami without Gronk before i'm confident of anything in the playoffs.

Keep this team to under 24 in January and almost every AFC playoff team on their day can get to 24 against this D even in Foxboro bar Houston who might not even be in.

It doesn't take that much to totally turn a game when you're missing Gronk take away 2 x 20 yard explosion plays from Gronk and 4 redzone trips that would of been 4 TDs turn into 2 TDs 2 FGs with no Gronk and a what was once a comfortable win is now a tight game.

Now you're relying on the defense and kicker, good luck with that.
I am guessing you are not watching anymore now since you know exactly how this will play out ?

Taking away Gronk makes it easier to shut down Edelman, if you take away him and stuff the run then this team is entirely beatable with this defense,

First 2 weeks of the season disagree with this.

Offense put up 23 points and 370 yards against what is the #1 defense in yards in the NFL without Gronk and week 2 Garoppolo shredded the lolphins before he got hurt. Garoppolo was on pace for a 500 yard & 6 TD game without Gronk against the lolphins

I am guessing you are not watching anymore now since you know exactly how this will play out ?

It's funny how these people throwing in the towel on the season that call Brady the GOAT now are acting like he is some average QB.

Taking away Gronk makes it easier to shut down Edelman, if you take away him and stuff the run then this team is entirely beatable with this defense, i wanna see how they do in Denver and Miami without Gronk before i'm confident of anything in the playoffs.

Keep this team to under 24 in January and almost every AFC playoff team on their day can get to 24 against this D even in Foxboro bar Houston who might not even be in.

It doesn't take that much to totally turn a game when you're missing Gronk take away 2 x 20 yard explosion plays from Gronk and 4 redzone trips that would of been 4 TDs turn into 2 TDs 2 FGs with no Gronk and a what was once a comfortable win is now a tight game.

Now you're relying on the defense and kicker, good luck with that.
Right. So like I said, its now a fair fight to the Super Bowl. Just two wins in evenly matched games. When we had Gronk it was unfair in our favor. We still will be the favorites at home in the playoffs. AFCCG road game would be a toss up.

I don't get where you keep getting this fair fight stuff from, this team has 1 Super Bowl in 10 years, plenty of teams have kicked our asses in the playoffs

"Fair fight?"
yes. fair fight. The theme to all the play off losses since 2011 has been unhealthy Gronk. Noone has kicked our ass in the Playoffs with the exception of 2009 and 2012 Ravens. 2010 Jets maybe but we shot ourselves in the foot on that game.

I highly doubt NE would agree with you. Calling something that is still statistically very plausible a lock is a formula for giving up the division. Its not even close to be a lock until Miami loses another game. New England can still drop one before Miami and our game against Miami won't be easy.

I wouldn't call something a lock until it is or so close that you know it is. At this point, its not close enough to call it a lock. Five games left to be played.
it's not plausible. total lock

It's funny how these people throwing in the towel on the season that call Brady the GOAT now are acting like he is some average QB.

I doubt any of those chicken's that are afraid of the Dolphins has actually watched any of their last 2-4 games. Unless they improve dramatically they will go 1-3 in the next 4 games and our usual meeting at the end of the season will be traditionally meaningless for them.

I doubt any of those chicken's that are afraid of the Dolphins has actually watched any of their last 2-4 games. Unless they improve dramatically they will go 1-3 in the next 4 games and our usual meeting at the end of the season will be traditionally meaningless for them.
LOLPhins barely beat the 49ers at home. They suck and are not a problem.

A "fair" fight? What in sam heck has been fair about this season? Brady suspended for four games and two draft picks stolen (notably our first).

LOLPhins barely beat the 49ers at home. They suck and are not a problem.

They were gifted a 94 yard TD return against the Jets, 4 INTs by Rivers, got 0 points in 56 minutes against the Rams and were 1 yard shy of going into OT against SF.

They are just not consistent enough to be a real threat. It might be enough to sneak in as a wildcard if some things go their way but that's about it.

They were gifted a 94 yard TD return against the Jets, 4 INTs by Rivers, got 0 points in 56 minutes against the Rams and were 1 yard shy of going into OT against SF.

They are just not consistent enough to be a real threat. It might be enough to sneak in as a wildcard if some things go their way but that's about it.
I think Pats could theortically go 2 and 3 the rest of the way and still get the number 2 seed becuase of 1.) The Dolphins suck and 2.) the North and South divisions. But I think Pats end up 13-3 probably number 1 seed. They have 6 weeks (one a bye) to get very used to playing offense without Gronk. It wont be a sudden loss come play off time and I am quite confident in them making the SB and competing for the win in it. And yes, the AFCE is a lock.

Every team has injuries; every team has weaknesses. I think we have a good chance of going deep into the playoffs. I have to believe we will finish out the regular season better than 2015. The unsettling thing for me is that after watching 11 games I still don't know what to expect from this team. On the other hand, I'm enjoying and savoring every game that the GOAT plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back