PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Age or Pride?

As the Patriots continue to struggle in the post-Brady era, critics of Bill Belichick have increasingly blamed his age for the team's failings.

My question is whether it is fair to simply chalk up these struggles to age. After two decades of unparalleled success, couldn't the main culprit be his stubborn refusal to evolve his coaching style and approach as GM?

At the end of the day, Belichick can still be a successful coach for this team. But finding success again will require accountability, a renewed sense of hunger, and a desire to try new approaches. If Bill refuses to hold himself to that standard, it won't be because of age -- but pride.
Or maybe its just a terrible QB situation. What do you want him to do? Produce a productive QB out of thin air?

Hell just look at the 2020 draft. They traded out of a first round that had Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Whirfs, Lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk, and Jeudy. Burrow was out of play, but they could have gotten a trade up to make a play for any of the others. And then after that you had Hurts, Higgins, Claypool, etc. And I like Dugger, but anyone of those guys makes a bigger impact

I would've taken Alabama CB Trevon Diggs at 37 instead of Uncle Dugg, who might've still been available at 71 anyway.

Will not judge them, but have an issue with nepotism as neither have proven themselves in other situations... what made me think of this was yesterday BB got in Steve's face about a decision he made..

Yep; and that's Egg-zactly why I want Nothing to do with Al Groh's kid as our next Grocery-Shopper.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back