PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Pats to sign FB lousaka polite

Status
Not open for further replies.

danam404

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Per twitter:

@shalisemyoung: look for #Patriots to sign FB Lousaka Polite...w Mankins needing time to get healthy, situational FB D. Thomas plays G, Polite steps in @ FB

Per twitter:

@shalisemyoung: look for #Patriots to sign FB Lousaka Polite...w Mankins needing time to get healthy, situational FB D. Thomas plays G, Polite steps in @ FB

No reason to keep Vereen active if we do this. I see him getting IR'd. And another move later in the week.

How is he at Blitz pick-up? BJGE isn't very good at it and Woodhead sucks at it. Not his fault, he's the size of a garden gnome. Coaches fault for putting him in the situation.

How is he at Blitz pick-up? BJGE isn't very good at it and Woodhead sucks at it. Not his fault, he's the size of a garden gnome. Coaches fault for putting him in the situation.

Almost fell out the chair with this one lol

:rofl:

10chars

For my part, I would love a situational fullback on this roster -- even if he's only used in short yardage and goal line situations.

The team has struggled to run in short yardage and Polite would be a great help.

Maybe the end of the QB sneak for a week with Brady's left shoulder hurting? Either way love to see a true FB on the team.

Nothing wrong with a FB! Also might suggest more of the running game coming into the playoffs!

Clearly BB is not happy with current blitz pick up by the backs.

Someone, Woodhead?, is getting a message with this signing.

Bottom line: You can't teach courage and these RB's don;t appear to have much courage.

Could it be bad news on BJGE? Isn't Polite pretty good in short yardage? An are we've struggled

Bring back Sam Gash!

If he is closer to the listed 245 I like this very much. I bet Brady and Gronk are loving this ... we don't need Gronk tied up in pass blocking too much.

i like this, I don't like Mankins being out being the reason it happened though

Remind me again what a FB is?
Is this some strange offensive roster position we've not heard of?

Didn't Polite set some sort of record for most first downs made in short yardage situations on 3rd & 4th down last season?

I remember Miami always giving him the ball with 1 yard to get and him making it, so it's a good pickup for the goal line etc.

Last edited:
I was almost as big of a fan of Polite as I was of Andre Carter this offseason. I was right the first time ;)

I was almost as big of a fan of Polite as I was of Andre Carter this offseason. I was right the first time ;)

C'mon, now. You have no bragging rights on any player decisions this year. You wanted Welker gone. That's got to stay with you until the upcoming offseason.

I'm hoping some folks can enlighten me here because I am at a loss with this move. Trying to reason this out...

Last year the team used Sammy Morris as the FB sometimes and in short yardage and did well.

Because of injury, maybe with BJGE not having a "burst" in short yardage situations BB thinks the team could use some reinforcements.

TB is a bit banged up and using him for short yardage is a bit dicey.

As SMY says, with Mankins out Thomas slides in at G and Polite is now the lead FB.

Maybe BB likes the "I" formation so much he decided to use it in the playoffs. :p

Wait!
Does this mean that the Patriots will actually line up with a non-QB player in the offensive backfield? :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

by all accounts, it is the only reason Faulk is still around. Faulk needs to retire and be thanked for his service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News