PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Pats to sign FB lousaka polite

Status
Not open for further replies.
by all accounts, it is the only reason Faulk is still around. Faulk needs to retire and be thanked for his service.

If this is the reason Faulk is around, GOOD! Use him. Woodhead is 'gonna get Brady killed.

Maybe the end of the QB sneak for a week with Brady's left shoulder hurting? Either way love to see a true FB on the team.

That makes about as much sense as anything.. will not be too fancy, just smashmouth..

He's probably just a one or two week signing, unless he can play on the OL. He simply looks to replace Thomas at FB while he fills in for Mankins, and Mankins is expected to be back to start the playoffs.

He wasn't brought here to "send the message to BJGE or Woodhead" or whatever someone said.

Edit: Of course, is he gets a lot of short yardage chances, or makes some major impact, we might see that change and him become part of a playoff run.

Last edited:
C'mon, now. You have no bragging rights on any player decisions this year. You wanted Welker gone. That's got to stay with you until the upcoming offseason.

I never said THAT. I said it made a ton of sense from a purely statistical perspective to trade him. Unfortunately, there's no stat for "better after ACL tear than ever before.":eek:

I never said THAT. I said it made a ton of sense from a purely statistical perspective to trade him. Unfortunately, there's no stat for "better after ACL tear than ever before.":eek:

You wanted him gone. You went ranting and raving about his supposed failures when the two TE sets were used. Are you really going to pretend otherwise now?

Edit: here you go....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/98/781208-trade-wes-welker.html#post2606653

And another post of yours a little below that one, in the same thread:

Hey, you saw the stats I had a while ago. Welker was half as productive last season when comparing 0 or 1 TEs to 2 or 3 TEs. I'll gladly use 2 TEs every play with Branch and Ochocinco on the outside and get a 2nd for Welker while I can.

Last edited:
If this is the reason Faulk is around, GOOD! Use him. Woodhead is 'gonna get Brady killed.

I agree. The problem however, is the better skillset from Danny Woodhead in the hurry-up role. (obviously not including blitz pickup)

O.K.,I'll be the first to say it.....

Its about time we had a Patriot that is REAL Polite around here!!!! :bricks:

No more Solder,Connolly, or other behemoths lining up out of position at FB...

No more getting Woody killed....

I'm all for it ! :rocker:

I like the signing of Polite. I advocated for it back when the Pats had him in. I think that he was injured at the time and that is why they didn't sign him, but I am not positive.

I do think it's the first time in a LONG time that the Pats have had 6 "RBs" on the team (5HBs and 1FB)

Is this a temporary short term signing, or do we see a RB to IR (Vereen?)...Maybe BJGE's turf toe is more severe than we think...saw alot of Ridley last week...

When is the last time the Pats really had a FB on the roster? Heath Evans?

I think that Heath Evans WAS the last true FB the team had.

This is likely a move due to nagging injuries than anything else. I think it's a good move, to be fair, but one that, had BJGE been uninjured, and Light & Mankins not gotten hurt, we might not have needed.

I'll say this much, however: I'd appreciate anyone else chiming in and listing what other team, ever, has had the sort of injuries that NE has suffered this year, plugged in other bodies, and be contesting for the #1 seed at the end of the year.

I'd offer that no other team has done so, or that any other team out there COULD do as much as New England has to date.

This team has as much heart and likely better depth than any other BB coached team, including the 2001 Patriots.

I'm looking forward to this playoff season. :cool:

I'll say this much, however: I'd appreciate anyone else chiming in and listing what other team, ever, has had the sort of injuries that NE has suffered this year, plugged in other bodies, and be contesting for the #1 seed at the end of the year.

I'd offer that no other team has done so, or that any other team out there COULD do as much as New England has to date.

This team has as much heart and likely better depth than any other BB coached team, including the 2001 Patriots.

I'm looking forward to this playoff season. :cool:

Well, we've done it a number of times, i don't know about anyone else.:D

Maybe the end of the QB sneak for a week with Brady's left shoulder hurting? Either way love to see a true FB on the team.

That was my first thought when I saw this news... somebody else to do the "sneaking".

About time....I've been arguing we've needed a fullback for ages now. All good teams who are serious about their running game need a true FB...not an O Line step in.

Last edited:
About time....I've been arguing we've needed a fullback for ages now. All good teams who are serious about their running game need a true FB...not an O Line step in.

Not a big fan of the fullback in this offense. Which pass catcher do you want to pull from the game to put a fullback in? Branch? Hernandez? Would much rather leave in the extra receiver.

Polite however is a good short-yardage guy. It's like the old maxim: if you need a yard, he gets you a yard. If you need three yards, he gets you a yard.

how many times this season have we signed a player at the beginning of the week and cut him on Friday?

I'll buy into all this hype when I SEE it....

Might as well bring back Patrick Pass again.

Not a big fan of the fullback in this offense. Which pass catcher do you want to pull from the game to put a fullback in? Branch? Hernandez? Would much rather leave in the extra receiver.

Polite however is a good short-yardage guy. It's like the old maxim: if you need a yard, he gets you a yard. If you need three yards, he gets you a yard.

You'd rather one of our OL as a better pass catching option on plays when we've used a FB this season?

Polite is simply there to replace Thomas as he fills in for Mankins. It's not like we didn't run plays with a player at the FB position this season, we just didn't have anyone with the title "fullback".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back