PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sky Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget that this team was 2:30 and 3 points away from the first 19-0 season in history.

We don't forget. However, we should remember that, as of now, we are missing SEVEN key players from the 2007 team: Moss, Gaffney, Stallworth, Colvin, Seau, Samuel and Gay. We have plenty of time, but counting on draftees is NOT what Belichick likes to do. Obviously a #7 pick would be expected to contribute in his first year. However, is it reasonable to expect him to be as good as Colvin in his first year? He should be able to be the#3 OLB behind Thomas and Vrabel.

If and when we know the replacements for these players, then we will be able to compare with last year's team that did or did not need improvement, depending on which poster you listen. Most here think we could have used a top young linebacker or two for several years, and a top young corner.

And even if we replace ALL the seven with equivalent talent, we still need to recognize that some of our potential playoff opponents might have actually IMPROVED their 2007 squads.

People forget that this team was 2:30 and 3 points away from the first 19-0 season in history.

Last night while I was sleeping, I was awakened by this loud crash...I looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I went back to sleep. Imagine my shock and dismay when I awoke to find out that, yes indeed, the sky had fallen and collapsed my garage roof totaling the Maserati and Jaguar XKE I tool around in on sunny days. Well, here I sit eating a little chicken and waiting for the State Farms agent to open his good hands and give me some dough. Life sure is strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes