PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's third mock has us taking Maroney - LenDale dropping out of first round.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you pick if both Maroney and White are available

• I take Laurence Maroney

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I take LenDale White

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • I take someone else and grab a RB in lower round

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, that draft has us taking White, and Maroney going at #27.... :confused:

They also have the Vikings taking Williams even though they have all those backs, including the recently signed Chester Taylor.

I was reading a couple of the pre draft magazines last night, some of the scouting reports on LenDale White were a bit unsettling. He supposedly has a "soft" body (apparantly no Jimmy Brown) his work habits are in question, and he has come character concerns (no specifics provided).

Obviously, BB/SP know a lot more, but he may very well not be "Patriot" material, esp. at #21.

Johnny Mac said:
Um, that draft has us taking White, and Maroney going at #27.... :confused:
I SWEAR to God they didn't have it that way when I posted the poll. LenDale White was NOWHERE in their first round and they had us grabbing Maroney. Must have been a slip-up on their part. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I SWEAR to God they didn't have it that way when I posted the poll. LenDale White was NOWHERE in their first round and they had us grabbing Maroney. Must have been a slip-up on their part. :D

They just changed it! I saw the original one too. Now even Bobby Carpenter is up higher than before. Weird. Must have been a redo.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

You're right, I saw it. Banks must have simply forgotten White, then scurried back to patch things up...note the 12:16 post time for the article. (It's times like that a writer's mighty glad he's publishing online, not on paper.)

smg93 said:
They just changed it! I saw the original one too. Now even Bobby Carpenter is up higher than before. Weird. Must have been a redo.
I got it. I just went through my browser's history and I see where they screwed up. The link at the bottom of the fist page was leading to part 2 of mock draft #2... NOT part 2 of mock draft #3. That's why White was nowhere to be found. They've fixed the link on Part 1 now so it's going to the right subsequent page.

ok, that makes sense. I thought that write up (the one that says what are the pats doing at 21, shouldn't they always be picking at 32) looked familiar.

Last edited:
well, the lesson is obvious...don't bother reading any of these "expert" draft rankings

Joker said:
well, the lesson is obvious...don't bother reading any of these "expert" draft rankings
Heaven forbid anyone offer up a thread that may distract momentarily from the myriad of "are the Patriots EVER gonna sign ANY Free Agents" threads. :D

Of course you're right, mocks at this time of year are just mindless entertainment. Especially when it comes to the Patriots.

Joker said:

LOL, point taken. Fun to read what other people are thinking though.

Dale and Holley just talked with some press hack who has a whiff of the Patriots making a big move up in the draft to get AJ Hawk

It's not even April, yet...but by the time the draft rolls around we'll have been reported to be targeting the entire first round

I thought BB said he was waiting for R. Bush to drop to 21. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back