PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI's King has Pats in SB...this time vs 'Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, what do you think? Jinx (like his last year's SB picks: Pats vs. Vikings) or truth? I don't think it's out of the question. Like many out here, I've got the Pat's in Miami (just hope it doesn't come down to a FG with 2 ticks left). And, this looks like big Bill's last hurrah. He just might have all the pieces in place to take the NFC this time. King points out the story lines...BB vs BP, Pioli vs BP, Bledsoe vs. Brady, Terrell vs. everybody. Only problem, King picks Dallas to win...but what does he know?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/05/28/mmqb/index.html

I guess that would be the ideal matchup, alright.

Most probable, too, it would seem.

Bring it on!! :rocker:

I've been hoping for this matchup since last season so I hope he's got the final two teams right.

Frankly, King pretty much pokes fun at himself for the pick, admitting its the storylines he likes most about the two teams playing each other... but hey, he might just be right!

Most fans recognize the Pats as contenders once again... and as far as Dallas, I have to admit I like what Parcells has done with the team. His draft choices over the last few years have been excellent IMO (although I'm not a Bobby Carpenter believer yet) - and he's got Jerry Jones set up as the scapegoat if TO pulls another lame stunt.

So as I've been saying for more than a year now - this is the matchup I'd most like to see in the SB, and I think it's more plausible this year than ever.

Well at least he has the Pats in the SB, but he has the wrong team winning. It good to have something to talk about in the dead zone at least.

Shows the idiocy of most media types. They harp on TO time and time again as being a cancer (which he is), then as soon as he hits a new team, they're Superbowl bound! Except Dallas' offensive line truly is offensive, to my senses that is, until proven otherwise, and will hold that team back. Not to mention the statue at QB...

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd love to see this matchup. it would be a great game!

flutie2phelan said:
I guess that would be the ideal matchup, alright.

Most probable, too, it would seem.

I agree on both.

With a softer schedule and expected improvements of the 2005 newcomers, there's no logical reason why the Pats shouldn't be at the forefront of any speculation surrounding the AFC Champion.

As for Dallas, while the media makes a big deal about getting TO, if the Cowboys win the NFC, it would happen because of their defense. I believe Dallas has improved their defense enough to take that next big step. Their running game is a concern though.

Last edited:
This would be the ultimate SB IMO.Can you imagine the tension in this game.Brady vs Bledsoe and BB vs BP will definitely be fun to watch.Yes T.O. is a cancer but he's the best WR in the game right now.Hopefully Harrison is at full strength because he's only 1 of a few Safeties that can check T.O. right now.

he picked pats vs vikings for last yrs superbowl...thats how much this means....

i didnt know Dallas had a qb to get them to the SB. Truth is when TO finds out that Drew can only hit somebody in the numbers at 50+ with no coverage, TO is going to wreck the team.

I think the Pats can win this one...it would be one for the ages.

I don't see this matchup being anything but a laugher, in the Pats favor. I think everyone is forgetting that Drew Bledsoe would be the quarterback and one of the things that Belichick does best is destroy Drew Bledsoe. The game would be over in the first half. Not that I would complain about this, I just think it is the type of game that would have a ton of build up and be totally anti-climatic and I am not so sure it would be all that entertaining.

I don't think it will get to this point anyway because TO will start to submarine Bledsoe within 3-4 games and Dallas will go nowhere.

Last edited:
A Pat's slaughter (which I doubt would happen because their road to the playoffs will be more exhausting than Dallas's) would end the Cowboys reign as "America's Team". That's enough motivation for the Pats, me and all the fans. Cowboys can be "Texas's team".

If it came down to Pats vs Dallas for the big one, I'm betting that Parcells dusts off the back up QB for the game! Mind games for Brady!!!!

PatsChick87 said:
If it came down to Pats vs Dallas for the big one, I'm betting that Parcells dusts off the back up QB for the game! Mind games for Brady!!!!
Parcells might have a better chance to win if he does that, because I believe Bledsoe would choke like he's never choked before in that game. And he has choked in big games before, and as others have mentioned, BB has his number.

But I don't understand what Brady has to do with it. As he would be the first to say, he doesn't play against the other team's offense, he plays against their defense.

I think Bledsoe would be more formidable than, say, McNabb was. Don't forget that Bledsoe kept the Bills competitive the last two times out against the Patriots, until Bruschi knocked him on his butt. I've seen Drew have some success with Moulds against us. I wouldn't out it past him to torch our secondary with Owens and Terry Glenn out there.

Do I think BB has his number? Of course. But think of the firepower out there for Dallas.

upstater1 said:
I think Bledsoe would be more formidable than, say, McNabb was. Don't forget that Bledsoe kept the Bills competitive the last two times out against the Patriots, until Bruschi knocked him on his butt. I've seen Drew have some success with Moulds against us. I wouldn't out it past him to torch our secondary with Owens and Terry Glenn out there.

Do I think BB has his number? Of course. But think of the firepower out there for Dallas.

Funny thing is, alot but not all of the posters on this board love to dog Bledsoe like he is some sort of chump back there at QB. All I have to say, is that he's gone, get over it, and stop being so butt hurt. Bledsoe would be much more formidable against us, then say, Mcnabb was or Delhomme. If Delhomme could pick us apart the way he did with Smith, then imagine Bledsoe with Terry Glenn AND T.O. It's fun to fantazise about this matchup, because I bet it would be one hell of a game. Like a previous poster stated, it's all going to come down to how Dallas's OL holds up. Their D is really coming on and with the story lines involved, and the shear idea of PATRIOTS vs. Cowboys would be awesome. Take them out and then take out the 49ers in a SB and I could finally tell all of these west coast bandwagoners to shut their mouths. I WOULD LOVE IT!!! But, the idea of the 49ers gettin to a SB is probably out of my lifetime. Boy has that team gone to hell or what?

Yeah, it's time for another Tuna Bowl. Can't get enough of 'em. What's the count up to now?

I would love to see it, but there's no way a Bledsoe-led team makes the Super Bowl this year. Not that he's not a top-30 QB in the league right now...

NE vs. Dallas was my pick, too. The problem here is obvious. Does King really think a Belichick defense will get beat by, ahem, Drew Bledsoe? Come on Peter, you're supposed to be a football guru.

Pats 28, Dallas 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe