PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wo! Slow down there Mr. King - Patriots #1 in latest Power Ranking?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the defense keeps playing like they did at the end of the first and most of the second half yesterday, I would whole hearedly agree with him. The offense is the offense. They can ring up points on anybody, and in a hurry. Give them the contributions like they got yesterday from the defense and special teams, and this team could be unstoppable.

As of right now, though. I'll temper my enthusiasm. Houston is still the team to beat in the AFC, but their struggles with the Jags yesterday should not go unnoticed. The Jags exploited a lot of the same things the Packers did earlier in the season. Block J.J. Watt (easier said than done), and that secondary can get lit up.

Totally agree. The defense wasn't spectacular but it was pretty good. We don't need it to be great, we just need them to be decent enough that the opposition can't score enough to keep up with the offense. And the defense that played for most of the last 3 quarters is that defense. The question is, was that a demonstration of what they are? Or simply an example of a rookie QB who got rattled?

As far as the O? This O is very capable, extremely so. However, they show moments of self destruction and/or getting stuck in neutral when the opposition defense strikes the right chords. I think King is a bit ahead of himself until such time that the Patriots put multiple games in a row that show a '2nd Half Versus Buffalo' type offense performance and a 'Most of Second Half Versus Indy' defense. If the Patriots can show that in the next two or three games (and they are capable of it)? Forgetaboutit, the Patriots have as a good a shot as team to get to the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back