PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius Radio says Bodden still in Houston, could sign a deal later today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilhiite shouldn't be anything but a nickle, CONSTANTLY getting burnt, this wasn't once in awhile.
Buckwheat either has serious injuries, or is just too stupid to be trusted, either way he's a wasted pick, and at best is USELESS.

I'd be happy if neither ever saw the field in a Pats uniform again, AAMOF I'd offer to drive them to the airport on their way out of town.

Thank you, someone using common sense. Not using "raw talent" as a measuring stick when the player has been trash.

It's not like BB hasn't had to scheme before in order to mask less-than-stellar DB talent -- as starters:

• Randall Gay
  • Earthwind Moreland
  • Eugene Wilson
  • Otis Smith
  • Terrell Buckley
  • Hank Poteat
  • Antwain Spann
  • Troy Brown -- god love him

BB's formula so far:
1) Stop the run and control the line of scrimmage
2) Put the opposing offense in known passing situations -- 2nd and long, 3rd and long
3) Get off the field on third down
4) If step #1 isn't happening, do whatever you have to do until it is.

Talent always helps, obviously, but we'll live without a great CB. Don't be surprised if BB ends up drafting DEs and LBs to make sure the Pats control the line of scrimmage.

Re: Sirius Radio says Bodden still in Houston,could sign a deal later today

OK Fair enough. I appreciate your reply and some I might agree with (your RB idea). I like Light. I just think he might be Twi-Light. At 33 he might be ripe for a move and his salary is high. It looks like no CAP hits either if that comes back. One of my favorite Pats players.

Kaczur just signed a contract not to be a reserve right?

You don't think there is any was to pry the disgruntled Rogers and veteran Moss from the Skins? Wouldn't Moss be a better alternative than Patten or Reed at least?
DW Toys

I think the best option is to start Vollmer at RT this year, and then move him over to LT next year to replace Light.

I'm not sure what is up with Kaczur, but he was pretty bad last season. Not sure if if was due to injury or not. Of course, they Patriots have gotten by with JAGs at RT before (Ashworth, Gorin).

Yet, at the very same time, that's precisely what you're doing with Butler.

He has done better on the field than Wilhite.

So no I wasnt doing that.

Last edited:
I guess we can all take solace in the fact that you're not in a position of any responsibility within the Patriot's organization.

Maroney is, at best, useless? Wow. Somebody better alert BB than a PatsFans.com messageboard poster has such a low assessment of his starting RB.

I call WHEATLEY Buckwheat, I saw no mention of Maroney, and placed none.

I see everything I need to, you think Wilhiite is a good player, I think he SUX, and there is alot of footage that shows him getting beat OVER AND OVER.
I don't care of he is somewhat near the WR he's SUPPOSED to be covering, they still catch the ball.....ALOT!
Chad and Bethel were fast too, how'd they work out?

They targeted Bulter? It didn't work out too well because he did great.

he played 497 snaps was thrown at 64 times with 36 comp for 427 yerds he gave up 2 TD's and had 3 INT's and a TD of he's own

not great but pretty good for a rookie or any nickel back.

I call WHEATLEY Buckwheat, I saw no mention of Maroney, and placed none.

I see everything I need to, you think Wilhiite is a good player, I think he SUX, and there is alot of footage that shows him getting beat OVER AND OVER.
I don't care of he is somewhat near the WR he's SUPPOSED to be covering, they still catch the ball.....ALOT!
Chad and Bethel were fast too, how'd they work out?

Perhaps you should use their real names as to avoid confusion.

he played 497 snaps was thrown at 64 times with 36 comp for 427 yerds he gave up 2 TD's and had 3 INT's and a TD of he's own

not great but pretty good for a rookie or any nickel back.

If you use the standard passer rating system, 67.6 passer rating. Not too bad, if every CB could play that well we would have a kick ass secondary..

Re: Sirius Radio says Bodden still in Houston,could sign a deal later today

I think the best option is to start Vollmer at RT this year, and then move him over to LT next year to replace Light.

I'm not sure what is up with Kaczur, but he was pretty bad last season. Not sure if if was due to injury or not. Of course, they Patriots have gotten by with JAGs at RT before (Ashworth, Gorin).

Santana Moss and Carlos Rogers appeal to you?
DW Toys

Any study of Cornerbacks or coverage in general that only uses TV footage is so flawed as to be worse than useless.

That's all you have in your analysis as well correct?

Perhaps you should use their real names as to avoid confusion.

At least I can still get some humor out of today. The fact that you assumed he meant Maroney when calling someone Buckwheat brought a smile to my face. He certainly looks like him. He should lose the doodoo hair and go afro.

If he was great, they woudn't have continued to throw on him, and Bellichick would have made him more than the nickle back.

To be fair, BB rode Starks for a while before inserting a rookie (Hobbs) who played much better than Starks. I'm not saying Butler is ready to explode into a top CB but it seems BB likes to take time developing rookies if/when he can.

Also Revis got thrown at a lot this season even though he continue to dominate.

Last edited:
At least I can still get some humor out of today. The fact that you assumed he meant Maroney when calling someone Buckwheat brought a smile to my face. He certainly looks like him. He should lose the doodoo hair and go afro.

Well, I think he looks like the Predator myself, but I just assumed he was going after everyone's favorite target :)

If you use the standard passer rating system, 67.6 passer rating. Not too bad, if every CB could play that well we would have a kick ass secondary..

I tend to look at comp %, # of snaps, throws to, % of passes defensed and TDs allowed.

His performance to me was uneven. As others have stated, Butler had a pretty decent rookie year stats-wise.

According to PFF, @ MIA he was thrown at 18 times and they completed 10. Not great but thats a ton of attempts. Wow!

I like the kid. I think he'll be outstanding next year (I hope)

If Wilhite or Wheatley are the starting CB opposite Butler the ground crew better add a third digit to the opponent's scoreboard. :bricks:

My sentiments exactly.......Wilhite and Wheatley are not NFL material. Watching Wilhite play is like watching Hobbs getting toasted. Well at least Hobbs had return skills.

Wheatley, is simply the Duane Starks we got minus 10 yrs.

Well, I think he looks like the Predator myself, but I just assumed he was going after everyone's favorite target :)

I agree with the "Predator" look, never thought of that till you just mentioned it. :rocker:
I figured the 'wheat" portion of the name would be a clear indicator.

Wheatley, is simply the Duane Starks we got minus 10 yrs.

That's interesting. Clearly you can point to a body of evidence from his time on the field that would lead you toward such a conclusion?

It's not like BB hasn't had to scheme before in order to mask less-than-stellar DB talent -- as starters:

• Randall Gay
  • Earthwind Moreland
  • Eugene Wilson
  • Otis Smith
  • Terrell Buckley
  • Hank Poteat
  • Antwain Spann
  • Troy Brown -- god love him

BB's formula so far:
1) Stop the run and control the line of scrimmage
2) Put the opposing offense in known passing situations -- 2nd and long, 3rd and long
3) Get off the field on third down
4) If step #1 isn't happening, do whatever you have to do until it is.

Talent always helps, obviously, but we'll live without a great CB. Don't be surprised if BB ends up drafting DEs and LBs to make sure the Pats control the line of scrimmage.

The question, of course, is to wonder if this still works in the post-2004 era (aka after Polian whined to the competition committee that CBs were being allowed to play football too). I think it goes without saying that it's more of a passing league now, and it's harder for CBs to do an adequate job.

well the deal isn't official yet so we'll have to wait and see. lots of talent in the draft this year. as far as Matt Light is concerned why are we removing light from the mix don't we have enough problems on both sides of the ball. Kaczur and Vollmer are not LT they are RT Kaczur you could kick inside if all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back