PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius Radio says Bodden still in Houston, could sign a deal later today

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the deal isn't official yet so we'll have to wait and see. lots of talent in the draft this year. as far as Matt Light is concerned why are we removing light from the mix don't we have enough problems on both sides of the ball. Kaczur and Vollmer are not LT they are RT Kaczur you could kick inside if all else.

Vollmer = LT

Vollmer = LT

Kind of taking this on a tangent but I do agree Vollmer can play LT very well. However if my options are
A.LT=Light RT=Vollmer
or
B.LT=Vollmer RT=Kazcur

Give me option A in a landslide.

I guess we can all take solace in the fact that you're not in a position of any responsibility within the Patriot's organization.

Maroney is, at best, useless? Wow. Somebody better alert BB than a PatsFans.com messageboard poster has such a low assessment of his starting RB.

We have a starting running back ? where, who ?

Bodden is a non issue. Corners, especially good ones like Bodden, are completely expendable when you have the mighty Tully Banta Cain causing opposing QBs to piss down their legs because they are so afraid of the pain TBC is about to bring.

He craps Volkswagons and shoots lasers out of his eyes.

He sneezes, and there are tsunami warnings all over the Pacific rim.

TBC should re-arrange his name so it stands for "Takin Care of Business" because that's precisely what he does.

Fear the Tully!

Bodden is a non issue. Corners, especially good ones like Bodden, are completely expendable when you have the mighty Tully Banta Cain causing opposing QBs to piss down their legs because they are so afraid of the pain TBC is about to bring.

TBC should re-arrange his name so it stands for "Takin Care of Business" because that's precisely what he does.

Fear the Tully!

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaawwwwwww

Fear the Tully, the Gints got nuttin on the Pats !

LMAO

Fear the Tully!

I thought that's what Vollmer did

The question, of course, is to wonder if this still works in the post-2004 era (aka after Polian whined to the competition committee that CBs were being allowed to play football too). I think it goes without saying that it's more of a passing league now, and it's harder for CBs to do an adequate job.

And, that would be another Bingo.

No, not at all. Vollmer uses his mind to levitate the Volkswagons and then he hurls them at opposing DEs.

Not to nitpick,but VolkswagEn has an E...sorry but it was killing me ;)

I call WHEATLEY Buckwheat, I saw no mention of Maroney, and placed none.

I see everything I need to, you think Wilhiite is a good player, I think he SUX, and there is alot of footage that shows him getting beat OVER AND OVER.
I don't care of he is somewhat near the WR he's SUPPOSED to be covering, they still catch the ball.....ALOT!
Chad and Bethel were fast too, how'd they work out?

Forget it, man. Don't you know you're not allowed to say a single bad thing about a Patriots player, EVER? Even after seeing Hobbs get burnt repeatedly over the years and after BB sent him packing in a trade for merely a couple of late round picks, the Hobbs defenders club still fanatically seeks to protect his 'inviolable' memory.

There's no getting around the fact that Wilhite regressed significantly last year and teams were picking on him repeatedly and on purpose. He's still young, so there still may be room for improvement. But not to acknowledge his deficiencies last year would be disingenuous if not flat out homerific. Bodden is 10x the corner Wilhite currently is, and losing Bodden is going to hurt unless the Patriots get lucky and land a stud CB in the draft. And even then it might take him a couple of years for the new guy to be ready.

Forget it, man. Don't you know you're not allowed to say a single bad thing about a Patriots player, EVER? Even after seeing Hobbs get burnt repeatedly over the years and after BB sent him packing in a trade for merely a couple of late round picks, the Hobbs defenders club still fanatically seeks to protect his 'inviolable' memory.

There's no getting around the fact that Wilhite regressed significantly last year and teams were picking on him repeatedly and on purpose. He's still young, so there still may be room for improvement. But not to acknowledge his deficiencies last year would be disingenuous if not flat out homerific. Bodden is 10x the corner Wilhite currently is, and losing Bodden is going to hurt unless the Patriots get lucky and land a stud CB in the draft. And even then it might take him a couple of years for the new guy to be ready.

and when the guy is ready is a FA who will break bank in other teams...
If Whilite will become a good cb he will go away from boston when he will be FA...

Last edited:
If you were in complete control of the team, what would be your allotments for each group?

Let's start with just the defense, what is a good and expected $$ value in millions per year to spend on each of the following:

CB
LB
DL

If you were in complete control of the team, what would be your allotments for each group?

Let's start with just the defense, what is a good and expected $$ value in millions per year to spend on each of the following:

CB
LB
DL

That depends on the salary cap for that year and what you were already spending for the other positions. You can't assign numbers arbitrarily in a vacuum.

The NFL Salary Cap was 127M in 2009. Let's assume it remains about the same in 2011 due to the slow economy. You'd need to break down the salary alottments for:

QB
OL
TE
WR
RB

DL
LB
CB
S

ST
K
P
LS

Miguel's page is a good resource for determining the numbers however Brady's contract is still pending. Mankins might be pending or the Pats might just want him to play on the tender and wait to negotiate an extension until next year.

Last edited:
The question, of course, is to wonder if this still works in the post-2004 era (aka after Polian whined to the competition committee that CBs were being allowed to play football too). I think it goes without saying that it's more of a passing league now, and it's harder for CBs to do an adequate job.

An interesting question and one I hadn't considered at all.

You could make an argument that the 2007 Patriots team was designed as a response to the post-2004 rule changes; an unstoppable high power aerial offense masking holes in the defense.

I'll be chewing on that one for a while...

Micheal Lombardi just tweeted that Leigh Bodden has resigned with New England. YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Why are people throwing out the number $8 million a year? Are some people already trying to justify losing him.

It's a pretty safe bet that when Bodden is finally signed with somebody, his contract numbers are going to be closer to $5 million a year than $8 million a year.

Just as I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey