PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simmons article on Willie and the Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Roberts said:
Bill Simmons is a piece of garbage. I wouldn't read one of his "articles" for all the tea in China.
I love Bill Simmons. I'm quickly tiring of you however. :cool2:

Thanks for the link Patjew (bless you).

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Bill Simmons is a piece of garbage. I wouldn't read one of his "articles" for all the tea in China.
Jacky Roberts, setting a record for worst rep of anyone with 10 posts or less.

Patjew said:
Jacky Roberts, setting a record for worst rep of anyone with 10 posts or less.

Why? I dont like Bill Simmons and find his writings abyssmal. I am just another concerned Pats fan hoping they can shore up some holes quickly.

Jacky Roberts said:
Why? I dont like Bill Simmons and find his writings abyssmal. I am just another concerned Pats fan hoping they can shore up some holes quickly.

That piece of garbage actually made some sense. Unlike you, Jacky Roberts,if that's your real name.

You can't fool me , Ron Borges.

Last edited:
Great article!

PATSNUTme said:
That piece of garbage actually made some sense. Unlike you, Jacky Roberts,if that's your real name.

You can't fool me , Ron Borges.

That is my real name. If you think Simmons makes sense, you are the only one on Earth who does. He's a cheerleader with "Look at me!" written all over himself.

He's a good writer with a sense of humor who makes better points than Borges and the other "mainstream" writers. He understands the heartbeat of Boston sports better than any other writer I've seen, too. He seems like a fan first, writer second, unlike most of the others guys, whose pursuit of the scoop comes before the teams.

Last edited:
sarge said:
Great article!
Article? I thought this thread was about Jacky Roberts. :D

Last edited:
KDPpatsfan said:
Nope..I like him as well.
So do I.

Though Jacky Robert's theory that no one on earth thinks that ESPNs most popular writer makes sense is fascinating. Good stuff, JR.

Patjew said:
So do I.

Though Jacky Robert's theory that no one on earth thinks that ESPNs most popular writer makes sense is fascinating. Good stuff, JR.

A lot of things are popular, it doesnt mean I have to like them. I find him boorish, juvenile, and lacking the ability to be objective whatsoever. I can only assume his father got him that job.

Jacky Roberts said:
A lot of things are popular, it doesnt mean I have to like them. I find him boorish, juvenile, and lacking the ability to be objective whatsoever. I can only assume his father got him that job.
Are you numb? You do realize he's not a reporter, right? His job is not to be objective, he's a columnist and satirist.

He writes, quite often, from a fan perspective, and makes no attempt to hide that fact or deceive. It just so happens that he's a fan of the same team that I love. I could see how his shtick would be annoying (from time to time) if I were a Dolts fan, or a Jests fan, but I think I'd still get a kick out of his columns.

He is completely numb. If you are from New England and DO NOT think Simmons is hilarious, you have to be numb. Of course he is not objective and openly admits it. And, he IS one of ESPN.com's most popular columnists.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Are you numb? You do realize he's not a reporter, right? His job is not to be objective, he's a columnist and satirist.

He writes, quite often, from a fan perspective, and makes no attempt to hide that fact or deceive. It just so happens that he's a fan of the same team that I love. I could see how his shtick would be annoying (from time to time) if I were a Dolts fan, or a Jests fan, but I think I'd still get a kick out of his columns.

Good point by you, but I remember thinking when the Red Sox were in the World Series that as upset as I would be if they lost, I'd be happy knowing Bill Simmons would be miserable, too. Sometimes he makes it embarassing to be a Boston fan. I've read several blogs done by people who have better writing skills than that clown.

Jacky Roberts said:
I've noticed a hint of boorish, juvenile, and lacking the ability to be objective in the air today.

No one said you had to like anything, JR. It's your claim that only one person on earth think Simmons makes sense that is ridiculous. Keep painting in broad brush strokes, DB, err, JR.

For what it's worth I think Simmons article is right on. There has been talk of this kind of clause in the CBA for a long time and it never goes anywhere. But there should be a Jerry Rice clause that lets teams protect the fan favorites. The NFLPA and the owners made a mistake in not addressing this.

Jacky Roberts said:
He's a cheerleader with "Look at me!" written all over himself.

Nah. He's just a guy who made himself out of nothing and entertains. Why does everyone have to be the best to be valued?

I don't see what's so wrong about a guy who worked hard and eventually got picked up by a national medium. He's funny and often has good points. Sure he has some duds now and again but who doesn't.

I don't get the "I hate Bill Simmons" thing some people have. To each their own I guess...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft