PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simmons article on Willie and the Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Roberts said:
That is my real name. If you think Simmons makes sense, you are the only one on Earth who does. He's a cheerleader with "Look at me!" written all over himself.

How is the Chicken Little Club going? You are one of a select few who don't like Bill Simmons. He is a pretty decent writer and, if you had read the article instead of just spewing on it, you'd see that what he said made sense. But, for you to comment on it the way you did without actually having read it shows that you really aren't someone whose opinions mean anything.

DaBruinz said:
How is the Chicken Little Club going? You are one of a select few who don't like Bill Simmons. He is a pretty decent writer and, if you had read the article instead of just spewing on it, you'd see that what he said made sense. But, for you to comment on it the way you did without actually having read it shows that you really aren't someone whose opinions mean anything.

If you like Simmons, good for you. I don't. I stopped reading his idiocy years ago.

Jacky Roberts said:
If you like Simmons, good for you. I don't. I stopped reading his idiocy years ago.

Good for you.

It seems to me that the only person "flapping their arms and saying LOOK AT ME" is you, since you felt the abundant need to express your opinion, not on the article or subject matter, but on the writer of the article.

It seems, Jacky, that you have a hard time staying on topic. The topic of Bill's article was why the league hasn't made it easier for players to play their entire career with the same team. Not whether Bill Simmons was a good writer or not.

You really should change your sig to say: "Boston's Ambassador to the Chicken Little Club." Its more appropriate.

I'm a huge sports fan. All of my friends are huge sports fans. Every single one of them loves Simmons' articles as do I. If he doesn't like or agree with a normal boston sports fan who happens to write for espn, I see no reason to trust or respect his opinion. Jacky, it is you, not Bill Simmons, who is the true piece of garbage in my book.

Patriot Games said:
I'm a huge sports fan. All of my friends are huge sports fans. Every single one of them loves Simmons' articles as do I. If he doesn't like or agree with a normal boston sports fan who happens to write for espn, I see no reason to trust or respect his opinion. Jacky, it is you, not Bill Simmons, who is the true piece of garbage in my book.

Im a piece of garbage because I dont read Bill Simmons? Ha. Call me crazy, but I choose to read above a third grade level and not get giddy over a mediocre writer such as Simmons.

Jacky Roberts said:
Im a piece of garbage because I dont read Bill Simmons? Ha. Call me crazy, but I choose to read above a third grade level and not get giddy over a mediocre writer such as Simmons.

Actually, I think he was calling you a piece of garbage for your bandwagon posts and comments. Not because of your dislike for Bill Simmons.

Maybe you should go back to reading 3rd grade material so you can understand what is being said.

DaBruinz said:
Actually, I think he was calling you a piece of garbage for your bandwagon posts and comments. Not because of your dislike for Bill Simmons.

Maybe you should go back to reading 3rd grade material so you can understand what is being said.

If I wanted third grade level reading, I'd read Simmons, but hey, thanks for the advice!

Nope

BBBZZZTTT...wrong Jacky. Simmons is one funny MF.

Jacky Roberts said:
Why? I dont like Bill Simmons and find his writings abyssmal. I am just another concerned Pats fan hoping they can shore up some holes quickly.

To paraphrase BB, uh, I don't think we have to play any games for the next month or so.:D

Dude, just go away. You have totally hijacked a post about a really interesting subject and made it all about you. What's the point? So you don't like Simmons? OK. then leave the thread about him and go look at something else.

jimmyjames said:
Dude, just go away. You have totally hijacked a post about a really interesting subject and made it all about you. What's the point? So you don't like Simmons? OK. then leave the thread about him and go look at something else.
Really.

Some of these new guys are worse than the trolls.

Simmons is probably the only sports writer who makes me laugh out loud...he is actually funny.

Hey, I liked that Larry Bird rule idea. Too bad the CBA is done already, so I doubt it would be incorporated anytime soon. This is the first time I've read his article and I enjoyed it quite a bit. He brings a fresh perspective to the sport.

QUOTE=smg93]Hey, I liked that Larry Bird rule idea. Too bad the CBA is done already, so I doubt it would be incorporated anytime soon. This is the first time I've read his article and I enjoyed it quite a bit. He brings a fresh perspective to the sport.[/QUOTE]

If that's the 1st time you've read simmons, go into his archive and read some of his older stuff. He's hilarious and writes about boston sports most of the time. I think you need to be an insider to read his really old stuff but the rest is free.

That makes a whole lot of sense..and NOT just for WillieMcG..but for all the players who do stay with a team..it is the least the NFL can do....9 years is a LONG time so it won't be all that many players that it affects..heck, if they can put in a rule that protects scum like TO...they can do this!! It is too bad the NFLPA doesn't do more to help older players..vets etc.

Patriot Games said:
If that's the 1st time you've read simmons, go into his archive and read some of his older stuff. He's hilarious and writes about boston sports most of the time. I think you need to be an insider to read his really old stuff but the rest is free.

Great, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes