PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Link: the Rams and Cap Hell

The thing about cap hell is that if you cut bait you can be out in a year, 2 at the worst (in the event you are in so deep you can’t afford the dead money of all the cuts) Then the dead money is gone the next year and you can rebuild.
The problem most teams have is they stop at half measures and draw out the problem.
Then you have the rams who also traded away all their picks.
Or the Saints, who keep going way over the future cap.

The thing about cap hell is that if you cut bait you can be out in a year, 2 at the worst (in the event you are in so deep you can’t afford the dead money of all the cuts) Then the dead money is gone the next year and you can rebuild.
The problem most teams have is they stop at half measures and draw out the problem.
Then you have the rams who also traded away all their picks.
I was gonna say, not only did they pay a bunch of FA's, they also traded away more 1st round picks than I can ever remember one team doing, so they not only lack cap space, they're also not reaping the draft rewards of being bad.

I was gonna say, not only did they pay a bunch of FA's, they also traded away more 1st round picks than I can ever remember one team doing, so they not only lack cap space, they're also not reaping the draft rewards of being bad.
Yes, there will start over. I suspect that their fans are fine with the past 6 years. They had a great 5 year run, and now must continue to pay.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back