PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Siliga Out, DL in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully Siliga is going on IR-DtR not full season IR.

[Mod edit: Thank you to Deus Irae and Brady6 for actually providing links to real reporting on this. Folks, if you're going to start a thread with breaking news, please link to the reporter who is actually reporting on it. It does two things: 1) gives attribution and credit to the work of the reporter and 2) gives the story the appropriate weight, instead of it looking like it came out of a poster's imagination. Thank you.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not so sure, how I feel about Fortson, I bet we regret letting the Colts sign Quarles off the practice squad now.

Unfortunately, you can only keep so many players and you cannot protect practice squad players other than signing them. The Giants already let the guy go and no one picked him off of waivers when the Pats released him. It was the right move at the time, but you cannot control teams having injuries and then having a need for your practice squad players. It was just luck of the draw that the Colts had an injury on the d-line before the Pats did.

I am not so sure, how I feel about Fortson, I bet we regret letting the Colts sign Quarles off the practice squad now.
Forston is what he is but at least he knows the defense. Chris Jones and Easley would likely get more snaps to replace Siliga regardless if Forston or Quarles takes the roster spot.

Forston is what he is but at least he knows the defense. Chris Jones and Easley would likely get more snaps to replace Siliga regardless if Forston or Quarles takes the roster spot.
I probably would have preferred them to sign Worthy off KCs practice squad than resign Fortson.

Just an added thought - We do not know for a fact that it is Fortson who signed, the only report is that a #98 was on the field, but they could assigned that number to someone other than Fortson.

I know there's no chance of it, but I miss Kyle Love.

Worthy would make sense though. He was on the Chiefs PS.

I am going to say it is Worthy because he was #97 in the preseason but they assigned that to Schwenke who is on the practice squad. Worthy was on KC practice squad so it makes sense they could get him on the field this morning. This is pure speculation on my part and nothing more than a guess.

It may be the case. He has been 99 for his college and Packers' career, but Buchanan has that number.

Has the KC gameplan and a player the Pats were interested in enough to trade for him (like Quarles, he was a victim of a numbers game).

That BB sure likes mysteries. Keeps everyone on their toes. ;)

At this point any injury to any player just brings back terrible memories from last year when players started dropping like flies.

Last edited:
Sure it isn't Bass?

Sure it isn't Bass?
They gave Bass #93 according to reports, but the reporter could have looked quickly and thought the 3 was an 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes