PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI: Best 1st Round Pick by Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this, about a month ago there was a special on ESPN and they were talking about Elway, and Ernie accorsi , who was the Colts gm at the time said the Patriots offered Hannah and their 1st round pick for the colts first pick in order to pick Elway, and the Colts declined it. just shows you how much history could change with 1 decision.

Hannah had been drafted 10 years earlier in '73. Typical of the Sullivans to offer that trade. Bad business. Our 1st rd. pick Eason wound up to be a loser though. We could have traded down & gotten Marino. Isn't it fun playing w/ history.

Last edited:
SamBamsFan said:
Hannah had been drafted 10 years earlier in '73. Typical of the Sullivans to offer that trade. Bad business. Our 1st rd. pick Eason wound up to be a loser though. We could have traded down & gotten Marino. Isn't it fun playing w/ history.
I think that would have been a good trade for us.
Hannah only played a couple of more years. I would trade 3 years of Hannah and a lifetime of Tony Eason for the career of Elway.

I think the Colts ended up with a much bigger package from Denver though.,

AndyJohnson said:
I think that would have been a good trade for us.
Hannah only played a couple of more years. I would trade 3 years of Hannah and a lifetime of Tony Eason for the career of Elway.

I think the Colts ended up with a much bigger package from Denver though.,
the Colts trade him to the Broncos in exchange for guard Chris Hinton, the Broncos' first-round pick in 1984 (which became Maryland guard Ron Solt), quarterback Mark Herrmann and $1 million the cash-strapped Colts will receive in guaranteed revenues from preseason games at Mile High Stadium
I think that I would have traded him for Hannah & a 1st myself (though Billy Sullivan would have never given away a mil $).

SamBamsFan said:
A loser...yes...but what did marino win?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
A loser...yes...but what did marino win?

Approx. 150 more games than Eason did.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back