PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we tank this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I can't get over the ridiculousness of this thread.

So, someone should tell the other 52 players - who make about $100 mill + combined, many who have earned SB rings, many who have earned Pro Bowl status, etc., etc. - to "tank" the season, so that we get a slightly higher draft position, that will give us a just barely slightly better chance at adding a better player onto this team than we would have later in round 1, with much, much greater financial risk involved.

I don't mean to be inflammatory, but that could be one of the stupidest suggestions I've heard. In my entire life.

???? more like IS ...

next thread....

I just reread BriZ's opening post on this thread, and it's going to be pretty hard to take anything you say seriously. We're still in September with a record of 2-1, and you want to lose on purpose for the next 3 months for draft positioning. You should be banned from following sports.

Thats a really dumb thing to say. One, why would the team want to lose and build in a losing environment. Two, as a fan, how could you ever root against your team? to get a higher draft pick???? are you serious? what are we the jets?

I just reread BriZ's opening post on this thread, and it's going to be pretty hard to take anything you say seriously. We're still in September with a record of 2-1, and you want to lose on purpose for the next 3 months for draft positioning. You should be banned from following sports.

The poster has his panties in a wad and is simply throwing hissey fit threads all over here because his favorite, ripped body player was cut by BB.

I don't think I posted in this silly thread, but no. The Patriots should not. They lost one game.

Yeah,I think guys like Bruschi and Harrison who crave another ring before they leave the game would agree to tank this season giving them only 1 more left to try and win it all - Good suggestion but I think those 2 particular guys would disagree with your logic :banned:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back