PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shhh...Did You Hear That?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because that's how you won 3 Super Bowls, that's how the Colts won the Super Bowl... by going Dan Snyder and paying ridiculous money for Wes Welker.

This is the same method 99.9% of the posters here called crap until yesterday. Do you know why? Because it is crap. It has been proven conclusively to be crap. :rocker:

Funny, we all thought you have been proven conclusively to be crap:rocker:

Last edited:
You got your trophy. We lost. Too bad you don't have the money to keep up with the Krafts. Trying to win 2 in a row is hard.....is very, very hard.
It is very hard, and the Colts might even miss the playoffs like the Pats did in '02 or the Steelers. Sometimes it takes a while to recover from that first win.

But anyway, on the slim chance they don't make the playoffs, I doubt any guy who shamelessly calls himself Yankees/Colts will be around the next year. He'll have moved on to the next team by then.

Last edited:
Yeah, because that's how you won 3 Super Bowls, that's how the Colts won the Super Bowl... by going Dan Snyder and paying ridiculous money for Wes Welker.

This is the same method 99.9% of the posters here called crap until yesterday. Do you know why? Because it is crap. It has been proven conclusively to be crap. :rocker:

Times have changed this year. The out of control cap has allowed teams that have been shrewd and fiscally responsible in years past to use their own financial resources. We were shrewd with Branch, Adam, Willie Mac, etc. The Colts were shrewd with Edge. It's the nature of the NFL in 2007.

I hope the Colts are competitive this year and that you make the playoffs.

See you in Foxboro.......where AD is waiting.

See you in Foxboro

You come to Indy the next 3 years.

Dan Snyder mania has gripped Boston. :rocker: Now the Colts will miss the playoffs because the Pats have downgraded the RB position, downgraded the TE position, added one LB who was not even close to the best player on his team, a team the Colts have owned, and added one reciever who is worse than the Colts receivers and worse than the receiver the Colts just cut. :rocker:

Holy crap, I'm glad you didn't sign some true stars.

Can someone post a pic of Kraft hoisting the Daniel Snyder trophy. :rocker:

Last edited:
See you in Foxboro.......where AD is waiting.

:singing:

Sorry, I just noticed that part.

He was also waiting on the Ravens the last 4 times when the Colts beat them... along with many better defenders than himself and better defenders than the Pats have.

Sorry, I just noticed that part.

He was also waiting on the Ravens the last 4 times when the Colts beat them... along with many better defenders than himself and better defenders than the Pats have.

Couldn't help but notice the Ravens offense kept walking up and handing the ball to the Colts offense the ball and you scored 0 offensive points.

Yeah, I noticed that the last 3 times you got your asses kicked. :rocker:

I would have thought Super Bowl champions would be a bit less pompous about beating Duane Starks and Michael Stone in 2005, and Artrell Hawkins and James Sanders in 2007.

The last time the Pats beat the Colts, Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson were the starting safeties together. The next time the Colts play the Pats, the same will likely be true for the first time since then.

Yankees/Colts said:
It's sad. It really is. The Pats used to hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy, now their fans are giddy and content to hoist the Daniel Snyder trophy.

What Dan Snyder trophy? Did I miss the Pats trading away their two 1st round draft picks? When was the last time the Redskins even had a 1st round pick?

Yankees/Colts said:
That much money for Welker is pure Dan Snyder.

It's not much more than what a 1st round WR at the same age or so as Welker would have cost, and Welker has already proven himself, especially against the Pats (see: October 2006).

Yankees/Colts said:
Yeah, you've reloaded. Your defense has given up on average 35 points a game to the Colts the past three games.

Keep dwelling on the past. If you think the Colts will be going up against Duane Starks and Eric Alexander, think again.

Yankees/Colts said:
In 32 Colt possessions in those games, your defense has forced 6 punts total. I did not say 6 three and outs, I said 6 punts total.

And the Colts only forced 9 Pats punts in those games.

And a defense that could lose some or all of Harper, David, June, Morris, and Doss won't be forcing more punts.

A defense that loses none and adds Thomas, Harrison, Wilson, and others will be forcing some more punts. Especially when the offense isn't anemic like it was in the 2005 and 2006 matchups, for the most part.

Yankees/Colts said:
One LB will magically change that? A 30 year old LB who wasn't even close to the best defender on the team he played on, on a team the Colts have beaten four straight games and have owned, will change that? Let's see, Adalius Thomas or Peyton Manning?

Oh, give me a break. The Ravens' defense was in the top 2 in the league. The Colts offense was similarly good.

That would be like saying Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison, if they went to the Pats, wouldn't make an impact because they weren't the best offensive player on their team.

Yankees/Colts said:
Kyle Brady - Hooray. Every one of our TEs are better than Brady.

And your TEs serve different purposes than the Pats'. Utecht, Clark, or Fletcher aren't known for their blocking. Brady is one of the best blocking TEs in the game. Thomas and Watson will make a great tandem at TE.

Yankees/Colts said:
Wes Welker - Hooray. Every one of our starting receivers are better than Welker. The guy we just cut, when healthy, is better than Welker for Christ's sake.

Stokley only had 1 more catch in his best season, 2004, than Welker did last year. Stokley had Manning, Welker had Harrington. Welker is also much younger than Stokley.

And when has even Givens or Branch been better than Harrison and Wayne? The Pats have proven that doesn't need to be the case.

Are you admitting that the Pats added a weapon while the Colts subtracted one partly because of salary concerns?

Yankees/Colts said:
When is the championship parade and the hoisting of the Daniel Snyder trophy? :rocker:

When was the parade in Indy? Weren't there only like 10,000 there? The Pats had over 1,500,000 in each of theirs.

Yankees/Colts said:
Wow, how the mighty have fallen. I thought I had logged on to Redskinsfans.com by mistake. :rocker:

If you are expecting the Pats to be the Redskins in the coming years, you're in for a surprise.

Last edited:
To beat Indy we just needed better depth, we had them killed until half our team was on the sideline. We need better starters for teams like SD who probably should have beaten us. Now that 2006 is in the history book, SD worries me a lot more than Indy - we were better than Indy; we just lost - SD was probably better than us; we just won.

Lets do a quick re-cap here.

San Diego -
Lost their HC, DC, OC. Cut Keenan McCardell to make room for Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson in the receiving corps with Eric Parker. They also cut Terence Keil and Donnie Edwards is on his way out. Carlos Polk, a top back-up for them is a UFA as is their other starting ILB, Randall Godfrey. Michael Turner is a RFA who is rumored to be headed to the Jets.

Colts -
Have Cato June(LB), Domenic Rhodes(RB), James Mungro (RB), Nick Harper (DB), Dan Klecko(FB/DL), Rob Morris (LB), Aaron Moorehead (WR) and Terence Wilkins (WR) as UFA. As RFA, they have Jason David (DB), Gilbert Gardner (LB), Bo Schoebel (TE), Jake Scott (OG), Jim Sorgi (QB), and Ben Utecht (TE) as RFA and its unknown who they have and haven't tendered. They also tendered Dwight Freeney as an EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS Franchise Free Agent and his take hit is at least 10.5 million right now (Franchise + Dead money). They have let go Montae Reagor and rumors are they are going to let Corey Simon go as well.

This really doesn't sound like a team that will be able to defend its championship. They are, again, goinig to have to rely on a ton of UDFA and their draft picks to step up.

Listen, moron troll, they didn't pay Wes Welker ridiculous money. They gave him what amounts to a 6 year deal worth 18.5 million with a 7 year at 20 million that is guaranteed if he plays 5 or more games in Miami in any given season.

So, if you want to talk crap, go ahead. All you prove is your ignorance to the situation.

DaBruins...:trolls:

Mods, can we put this guy in the visitors locker room, and lock him out of the others?

You come to Indy the next 3 years.

Only if Indy wins the division. I don't see it happening. Jacksonville and Tennessee should be improved and it will make your repeating that much harder. Especially with so many key UFAs.

Dan Snyder mania has gripped Boston. :rocker: Now the Colts will miss the playoffs because the Pats have downgraded the RB position, downgraded the TE position, added one LB who was not even close to the best player on his team, a team the Colts have owned, and added one reciever who is worse than the Colts receivers and worse than the receiver the Colts just cut. :rocker:

How have the Pats downgraded their RB corps? Because Dillon asked for his release?
How have they downgraded their TE position? Because Daniel Graham decided to leave? They have Ben Watson as their #1, David Thomas as their #2 and Kyle Brady as their #3. It remains to be seen whether there was a downgrade.

Adalius Thomas may not have been the "best" LB on his team, but he has a versatility that fits the Pats team.

Oh, BTW, Welker isn't worse than Brandon Stokely. They have different skill sets, moron.

Maybe you should STFU for a change instead of proving to everyone how much of an imbecilic Colts homer you are.

Holy crap, I'm glad you didn't sign some true stars.

Can someone post a pic of Kraft hoisting the Daniel Snyder trophy. :rocker:[/quote]

Colts -
Have Cato June(LB), Domenic Rhodes(RB), James Mungro (RB), Nick Harper (DB), Dan Klecko(FB/DL), Rob Morris (LB), Aaron Moorehead (WR) and Terence Wilkins (WR) as UFA. As RFA, they have Jason David (DB), Gilbert Gardner (LB), Bo Schoebel (TE), Jake Scott (OG), Jim Sorgi (QB), and Ben Utecht (TE) as RFA and its unknown who they have and haven't tendered. They also tendered Dwight Freeney as an EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS Franchise Free Agent and his take hit is at least 10.5 million right now (Franchise + Dead money). They have let go Montae Reagor and rumors are they are going to let Corey Simon go as well

What a joke. The Colts will lose two starters:

Nick Harper - Will be 33. His backups, Kelvin Hayden and Marlin Jackson are better than he is.

Cato June - Freddy Keiaho will take his place and can actually tackle someone.

The Pats have downgraded the RB and TE positions, paid HOF money to a #3 receiver who couldn't even get on the field with the Colts and added a LB who wasn't even close to the best defender on his own team.

(BTW, I hope to hell the Colts would let Reagor and Simon go.)

Nick Harper - Will be 33. His backups, Kelvin Hayden and Marlin Jackson are better than he is.

The Pats have downgraded the RB and TE positions, paid HOF money to a #3 receiver who couldn't even get on the field with the Colts and added a LB who wasn't even close to the best defender on his own team.

You'll let go of Rhodes too b/c he isn't living the Christian life.

Yankees/Colts has proven that he will put a negative spin on whatever the Patriots do. Since they have been very active in the free agent market suddenly they are overspending and heading to a similar fate as the Redskins. If they were being conservative and holding back in free agency he would be saying the Patriots are cheap, no one wants to play for Bill Belichick, the Patriots are doing nothing to upgrade many of their aging players, and the dynasty is falling apart. He will twist any situation around to make the Patriots look negative. That is pretty much the definition of troll. Similarly, he takes any situation with the Colts and spins it around to make the Colts look positive and great. Any player they lose is not that good anyway, and a minimal contributor. But of course, any player the Patirots lose is a devastating loss that seriously weakens them. And any player the Patriots sign is really not that good. Basically, the Patriots can't do anything right, and the Colts can't do anything wrong.

And as for the Adalius Thomas thing, you really make no sense here.

1. You try to degrade the Thomas signing by saying he is not the best player on the team. So basically a player is not worth signing unless he is the best player on his team? That is absurd.
2. You say Thomas was not the best player on the Raven's defense so matter-of-factly, when that would be pretty debateable. He registered double digit sacks, and his versatility makes him incredibly valueable. A big reason why the Ravens didn't make more of an to keep him is that they have pretty good depth at LB, like Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, and Jarrett Johnson.
3. You say the Colts have owned the Ravens defense every time they have played them in the last few years. You neglect to acknowledge that the last time the Colts played the Ravens, which was in the playoffs, the Colts offense did not score a touchdown, and Manning threw two interceptions, which could have easily been four if Ray Lewis had not two balls going right into Ed Reed's hands.

In short, you are full of crap.

Last edited:
He isn't the starter. He averaged 3.4 yards a carry, Joseph Addai averaged 4.8.

He was also your leading rusher in the playoffs.

But I'm sure you'll overlook that to remain a Colts ballwasher.

Heh. Yeah Thomas may not have been the best defensive player on the Ravens but what I do know is that AT is a hell of a lot better than any defensive player on the Colts. :D

I'll be laughing my ass off when Thomas jams Reggie Wayne's ass at the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference