PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shhh...Did You Hear That?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:singing:

Yeah, I noticed that the last 3 times you got your asses kicked. :rocker:

It's sad. It really is. The Pats used to hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy, now their fans are giddy and content to hoist the Daniel Snyder trophy.

That much money for Welker is pure Dan Snyder.

Yeah, you've reloaded. Your defense has given up on average 35 points a game to the Colts the past three games. In 32 Colt possessions in those games, your defense has forced 6 punts total. I did not say 6 three and outs, I said 6 punts total. One LB will magically change that? A 30 year old LB who wasn't even close to the best defender on the team he played on, on a team the Colts have beaten four straight games and have owned, will change that? Let's see, Adalius Thomas or Peyton Manning?

Kyle Brady - Hooray. Every one of our TEs are better than Brady.

Wes Welker - Hooray. Every one of our starting receivers are better than Welker. The guy we just cut, when healthy, is better than Welker for Christ's sake.

When is the championship parade and the hoisting of the Daniel Snyder trophy? :rocker:

Wow, how the mighty have fallen. I thought I had logged on to Redskinsfans.com by mistake. :rocker:

This isn't baseball where there is no salary cap. Everyone has the same amount of money and the funny thing is the pats didn't use all of it last year and still almost beat the colts despite playing with backups and getting bad calls. so now it's our turn and payback is coming for the next 3-4 years. enjoy your SB while you can.

Only if Indy wins the division. I don't see it happening.

:singing: :rocker:

Dan Snyder mania is rampant! I think it's close to a full moon also.

The Colts are the best team in football. You downgrade the RB and TE positions, add one receiver who couldn't even get on the field with the Colts, add one fairly good LB, and all of a sudden the Colts won't even win their division? :rocker:

The Colts are a more talented team than the Patriots. The Colts have always been a more talented team than the Patriots. The only thing the Patriots had was a psychological advantage which has been completely shattered in recent years. And judging by these rash signings, the Colts now have a psychological advantage on the Patriot organization.

Last edited:

The Colts are the best team in football. You downgrade the RB and TE positions, add one receiver who couldn't even get on the field with the Colts, add one fairly good LB, and all of a sudden the Colts won't even win their division? :rocker:

The Colts are a more talented team than the Patriots. The Colts have always been a more talented team than the Patriots. The only thing the Patriots had was a psychological advantage which has been completely shattered in recent years. And judging by these rash signings, the Colts now have a psychological advantage on the Patriot organization.
You may have escaped us in the AFCCG due to many backup defensive players running out of gas but we'll kick your ******* ass next year in Indy.

Good Lord. You sound like the Dolphins fans last year.

We were 1 loss worse than the Pats last year, with Guss Frerotte.
We added Daunte Culpepper.
Therefore, we will go to Super Bowl XLI.

"Rash signings?" You're an absolute joke.

What a joke. The Colts will lose two starters:

Nick Harper - Will be 33. His backups, Kelvin Hayden and Marlin Jackson are better than he is.

Cato June - Freddy Keiaho will take his place and can actually tackle someone.

The Pats have downgraded the RB and TE positions, paid HOF money to a #3 receiver who couldn't even get on the field with the Colts and added a LB who wasn't even close to the best defender on his own team.

(BTW, I hope to hell the Colts would let Reagor and Simon go.)

You, Yankees/Colts, have won the 2007 "I can spin it!" award:

spin.gif

Congratulations. You have proven yourself to be utterly laughable.

Heh. Yeah Thomas may not have been the best defensive player on the Ravens but what I do know is that AT is a hell of a lot better than any defensive player on the Colts. :D

The Colt defense, when healthy, over the past two years has outplayed the Pats defense. The Colt defense certainly outplayed the Pats defense in the playoffs. The Colt defense outplayed the Raven defense in the playoffs. The Colt defense in the playoffs was the best defense in football and it will only get better with Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden and Freddy Keiaho.

The Colt defense, when healthy, over the past two years has outplayed the Pats defense. The Colt defense certainly outplayed the Pats defense in the playoffs. The Colt defense outplayed the Raven defense in the playoffs. The Colt defense in the playoffs was the best defense in football and it will only get better with Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden and Freddy Keiaho.

smoking-crack-cocaine.jpg

The Redskins comparison is just stupid.

The Patriots aren't spending money just for the sake of spending moaney and throwing away all their draft picks to sign marginal players.

In a year where they have tons of cap room they are selecting a few key playesr who they think embody what they look for in Patriot players who will fit the system. They aren't signing players just because they are big names like the Redskins do.

And even if we give up a second round for Wes Welker, it doesn't matter. We still have TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS and a bunch after that. It's not likw the Redskins who trade away their entire draft for overhyped players.

You are just trying to find any way to slam the Patriots even if the two situations you are comparing are completely different.

Keep it up troll.

Good Lord. You sound like the Dolphins fans last year.

We were 1 loss worse than the Pats last year, with Guss Frerotte.
We added Daunte Culpepper.
Therefore, we will go to Super Bowl XLI.

??????????

Uh, no. That sounds like the current Pats fan line.

We did win the Super Bowl.

??????????

Uh, no. That sounds like the current Pats fan line.

Did you have a great time missing the point?

Since you obviously did, here it is for you: there are a large number of factors that combine to decide how teams will fare in a given season. They are larger than one player -- nobody on PatsFans is saying that just because the Pats signed Thomas, they automatically go to the Super Bowl. No! It's the collective shape the Pats are in to the collective shape the Colts are in. And the tide has changed. Hell, it was pretty damn even in January. You can't tell me that, what the Pats are doing, and what they will do in the draft compared to what the Colts will do between now and the start of the season doesn't give the edge to the Pats.

Wow, this wanker brings absolutely nothing to the table. No insights, no intelligence, not even an ingrown toenail. Just a lot of hyperbole and hyperventilating.

He is like the lint that collects in the dryer screen. You have to clean it out, or it could catch fire. This guy has caught on fire...it still doesn't make him more than lint.

Patsfan1,

When healthy, the Colt defense was utterly dominant in the playoffs. Take away what the Colts gave up due to kickoffs and they gave up almost nothing in 4 games.

They certainly showed up in the playoffs, the Pats defense did not. They gave up 32 second half points. I think the Colts just scored again as a matter of fact.

Last year when healthy, the Colts had the number 2 defense.

The Colt defense, when healthy, over the past two years has outplayed the Pats defense.

That argument is only valid if you apply the numbers from the early 2005 Pats defense, which quite frankly doesn't even compare to the defense at any point in 2006, nor will it likely in 2007.

The Colts defense was decent in 2005 but slipped all the way down to rock bottom against the Jaguars in 2006. You CANNOT tell me the Pats' defense was worse during that stretch.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colt defense certainly outplayed the Pats defense in the playoffs.

"Certainly" would be a stretch, considering the 38-34 outcome.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colt defense outplayed the Raven defense in the playoffs.

The Ravens had to stop Manning, Harrison, and Wayne, and they did - holding the Colts to 5 field goals.

The Colts had to stop Steve McNair, Jamal Lewis, and Michael Clayton - and they did.

See the difference?

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colt defense in the playoffs was the best defense in football and it will only get better with Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden and Freddy Keiaho.

And why weren't your three saviors starting in 2006 when they all were on the roster?

Last edited:
Actually no...the Colts defense was exposed for what they were by the Patriots. Lousy and mediocore.

Wow, this wanker brings absolutely nothing to the table. No insights, no intelligence, not even an ingrown toenail. Just a lot of hyperbole and hyperventilating.

He is like the lint that collects in the dryer screen. You have to clean it out, or it could catch fire. This guy has caught on fire...it still doesn't make him more than lint.

He should be limited to the Opposing Lockeroom forum (or whatever it is). If this were the other board he'd already be in the Ass Clown Asylum.

Did you have a great time missing the point?

Since you obviously did, here it is for you: there are a large number of factors that combine to decide how teams will fare in a given season. They are larger than one player -- nobody on PatsFans is saying that just because the Pats signed Thomas, they automatically go to the Super Bowl. No! It's the collective shape the Pats are in to the collective shape the Colts are in. And the tide has changed. Hell, it was pretty damn even in January. You can't tell me that, what the Pats are doing, and what they will do in the draft compared to what the Colts will do between now and the start of the season doesn't give the edge to the Pats.

I don't think it was all that even in January. The Colts flukily dug themselves a bit of a hole then completely destroyed the Pats from the middle of the second quarter on just like the previous two games. If that game had gone on another two quarters, it would have been about 70-34.

Patsfan1,

When healthy, the Colt defense was utterly dominant in the playoffs. Take away what the Colts gave up due to kickoffs and they gave up almost nothing in 4 games.

They certainly showed up in the playoffs, the Pats defense did not. They gave up 32 second half points. I think the Colts just scored again as a matter of fact.

If you believe 1 half of football in January 2007 will affect how the Patriots AND Colts play in September 2007 through February 2008, you are sadly mistaken...again.

Yankees/Colts said:
Last year when healthy, the Colts had the number 2 defense.

Love that touch of spin. Always expected from you.

??????????

Yeah, I guess we haven't won any..:rolleyes:

Let's see how it plays out this year. Colts did a great job in the last AFC championship by realizing how sick/weak the Pats players were in the hot stadium (HFA used to the maximum, hats off - I am sincere in my praise BTW) just before the half and subsequently going for the kill without taking the foot off the gas pedal.

I think this year might be a bit different because the Pats now have the wisdom and experience of going thru' such a turbulent season in their offense that never could find any consistent rhythm/players. Let's see.

I don't think it was all that even in January. The Colts flukily dug themselves a bit of a hole then completely destroyed the Pats from the middle of the second quarter on just like the previous two games. If that game had gone on another two quarters, it would have been about 70-34.

"Middle of the second quarter on"...

I LOVE the spin. It's classic. I think I might need to find some more awards for you.

Actually no...the Colts defense was exposed for what they were by the Patriots. Lousy and mediocore.

The Pats got 7 points off a turnover and about another 13 due to kickoffs. The Colt D locked you down from about the middle of the second quarter on.

The Bears got 10 from kickoffs.

Aside from that, the Colts D gave up about 8 - 6 - 14 - 7 in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes