PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shake-up at WEEI - D&H out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Shake-up at WEEI D & H out

Per T&R some people claiming to have access to Pete Shepard's facebook are sending out emails supposedly containing comments from Pete in which he states he's going to drop bombs on the way things are being done in the Boston media market if he doesn't get some answers by Monday Feb 21st.
Interesting!!
Wonder if Pete will clarify exactly why Jon Meterparel has been handed 2 announcing gigs when he has zero talent for it. I have my theories as to why Jason Wolfe and Julie Kahn hired Jon Meterparel when he has no talent but I'd love for someone to confirm by theory.

One thing for sure is that Meterperal does not have "good pipes", find his commentary abrasive and annoying.

OTOH Pete Shepard tends to be a tad bombastic and reactionary...

Wow, this thread just goes to show how "acceptability" is in the ear of the beholder. Everyone seems to like a radio guy someone else can't stand (and vice versa). No consensus on anyone.

One thing for sure is that Meterperal does not have "good pipes", find his commentary abrasive and annoying.

That's what makes Pete's threat to tell tale so intriguing.

Last edited:

Wow, this thread just goes to show how "acceptability" is in the ear of the beholder. Everyone seems to like a radio guy someone else can't stand (and vice versa). No consensus on anyone.

Kind of like beer, one man's dud suds is another man's premium...

It probably is a demographic issue..

Per T&R some people claiming to have access to Pete Shepard's facebook are sending out emails supposedly containing comments from Pete in which he states he's going to drop bombs on the way things are being done in the Boston media market if he doesn't get some answers by Monday Feb 21st.
Interesting!!
Wonder if Pete will clarify exactly why Jon Meterparel has been handed 2 announcing gigs when he has zero talent for it. I have my theories as to why Jason Wolfe and Julie Kahn hired Jon Meterparel when he has no talent but I'd love for someone to confirm my theory.

Since I absolutely cannot stand Meterparel and cannot figure how he gets those jobs, I'd like to hear your theory. Meteball and Maz are the only 2 radio folk that I think we have consensus here that they absolutely and completely suck.

The beautiful thing about competition and the free market is that it leaves consumers with choices according to their own tastes. We all like what we like, and sometimes other people like what we like and other times they don't.

I live in CT so I cannot get 98.5 unless I'm in front of my computer listening on iTunes. From what I hear, I'm not impressed, but maybe they'd grow on me if I listened more. I get two sports radio stations: 103.7 WEEI and 660 WFAN (occasionally I can get 1410 ESPN if I'm driving through Hartford). WFAN is, in my opinion, by far a better sports radio station. Mike and the Mad Dog was, I think, the single most entertaining (and that's what it's all about) sports radio show I've ever heard.

In order, here's who I like on WFAN and WEEI:

1. D&C (WEEI) - I think they're entertaining and funny. I even like when they get into politics.

2. Boomer & Carton (WFAN) - I went to college with Carton so I have a bit of a natural bias. Love Boomer and think they do really well together. It's a bummer for me that they're on at the same time as D&C. Oh well.

3. Francesca (WFAN) - With Russo they were #1, but without Russo, Mike drops a few notches in my book.

4. Dale & Holley (WEEI) - I think they do a good job, but it took a while for Holley to grow on me.

5. Evan Roberts & Joe Beningo (WFAN) - Great to listen to, especially after a crushing Jets loss.

6. The Big Show (WEEI) - Occasionally entertaining, but I *hate* how much they talk all over each other and shout down the callers. I think Ordway and Holley together is a train wreck waiting to happen, because I don't see how Ordway's ego can handle a permanent co-host the caliber of Holley.

Since I absolutely cannot stand Meterparel and cannot figure how he gets those jobs, I'd like to hear your theory. Meteball and Maz are the only 2 radio folk that I think we have consensus here that they absolutely and completely suck.
I'm guessing that theory is connected to the ethnicity issue, but, in my opinion, if one goes there one had better have some solid evidence to support that theory.

As useless, inarticulate, and moronic as he was, I do miss Sheppard somewhat.

Not sure what some of you think you listen to either. Any time I've turned on Felger and Mazz in the last two weeks it's full on baseball/basketball or hockey...

I'm fine with the hockey talk personally. Baseball talk is the first to get boring, and surprisingly, in spite of Mazz' presence, I would say 98.5 talks Sox less than WEEI and maybe even less than any other of the big 3 sports.

98.5 caters to its listeners - knowing it airs Bruins and Pats games, the majority of talk is on those two spots.

As useless, inarticulate, and moronic as he was, I do miss Sheppard somewhat.

Yeah, he is one of us, an unabashed homer.

Love him or hate him (as most do), Felger is the best on air personality in Boston Sports talk radio right now. Period.

Does he play the contrarian? Absolutely. But not nearly as much as some around here would like to believe. Many of his takes are based in sound logic and he is prepared to back them up after LETTING THE CALLER ACTUALLY GET THEIR COMMENTS IN.

I find his show fresh, entertaining, and bold. Neither he nor Mazz are afraid to take guests to task on touchy issues. he had Bud Selig squirming yesterday afternoon. :rocker:

...Felger is the best on air personality in Boston Sports talk radio right now. Period...

He's not even close to being the best on air personality in Boston Sports talk radio. Hell, he's not even the best on his own station.

Last edited:

Does he play the contrarian? Absolutely. But not nearly as much as some around here would like to believe. Many of his takes are based in sound logic and he is prepared to back them up after LETTING THE CALLER ACTUALLY GET THEIR COMMENTS IN.

Really? So his cap is crap is based on sound logic? The pats are cheap because the payroll was 27th at 90 mill, lets just ignore the signing bonuses. Try calling in to challenge that, the screener wont let you through to challenge him on that and squeaky massarotti wont challenge him either.
I find most of his rants, which are his opinion and hes entitled to are devoid of facts, but he is entertaining if thats your sort of thing.

Felger is far the best sports personality around here on tv or radio. And it's not even close.

Some people like Felger because he comes off as "real" when in reality he is an azzhole by design. He and Mazz make me want to throw up in my mouth...though not as badly as that atrocious morning show on 98.5....anyway, Felger is the best? LOL!!! Who is paying you all to post this crap?

Holley was the only good thing on sports talk radio.

Last edited:

Felger is far the best sports personality around here on tv or radio. And it's not even close.

Are you trying to invoke a riot on this board?

Yeah, he is one of us, an unabashed homer.

Pete Sheppard was the perfect Boston talk show host. A regular guy, but you always wanted to hear what he had to say. No ego, no shouting over his co-hosts, but wouldn't take crap either. Knew his sports. I thought he was better than Ordway.

Felger has had moments when I like him, but his ego is just too much to bear. He doesn't need the "I told you so" routine - the rare times when he's down to earth I like him a lot. But he mostly comes off as a total blowhard that you can't take seriously, repeating e.g., "the Randy Moss is worse than useless" bit every day for months after he was traded.

Last edited:

Felger is far the best sports personality around here on tv or radio. And it's not even close
signed: Mrs Felger

signed: Mrs Felger

I hate to break it to people on here, but its 100% true that Felger is the best sports personality on the radio right now in Boston.

Michael Felger is really good at his job at 98.5.

People can choose to deny it b/c of his history of annoyingness, I know I tried, but he runs a good show. That's all there is to it. He makes the Big O look like amateur hour.

Last edited:

I hate to break it to people on here, but its 100% true that Felger is the best sports personality on the radio right now in Boston.

Michael Felger is really good at his job at 98.5.

People can choose to deny it b/c of his history of annoyingness, I know I tried, but he runs a good show. That's all there is to it. He makes the Big O look like amateur hour.

...because, gee wiz, your opinion is more valid that mine? I hardly ever listen to that moron - and when I see him on Comast - I switch the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back