PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Sports Talk Radio Wars: More Changes at WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good idea but maybe a different listener gets on for one day per week, maybe make thursday the day a new listener gets to sit it on the show and participate. I bet some would be better than some of the guys they have on now.

Saturdays on air might be a good on air "try-out"day for the multitudes as well

Overall seems like a win on multiple levels for EEI - they'd fill weekend personality time for free, might actually have better weekend listnership to hear some of the tryouts "bomb" for that entertainment factor... then let the best of the bunch have a real stint for a longer period of time during the week, culminating with a competition and some fortunate and talented fan gaining a spot in their on-air lineup, truly representing the FANS perspective

Heck it's gotta be better than what we're listening too

In reality, as a former DJ myself, I do realize that maintaining coherent on-air banter is not something just anyone can do - but hearing both the good and the bad during the competition might be entertaining - and I'm confident there's more than a few savvy fans out there who could do a much better job than some who already have the jobs

I listened to 98.5 most of the day and they were talking Bruins. When I went out to lunch and turned on WEEI in the car they were talking about Jed Lowery (sp).

I understand that WEEI has the Celtics and Red Sox but would it kill them to talk about the Bruins?

Okay 15 posts since i last posted ... not 1 I like Ordway.

many listened to WEEI for the guest hosts ... and they are gone or are they?

Okay 15 posts since i last posted ... not 1 I like Ordway.

many listened to WEEI for the guest hosts ... and they are gone or are they?
I heard "Dakota from Braintree" pat himself on the back for some prediction he supposedly made before saying something ridiculous, at which point Ordway out-vocalized him in letting him know how stupid he was (this was either today or yesterday) ... something about Dice-K that I couldn't decipher with the two trying to out-shout each other.

So to answer your question: yes, the "all-star" callers are still there.

And yes, they need to go away; now and forever. Perhaps it would be fun to see how Felger dealt with them if they all migrated to 98.5:bricks:

Last edited:
I heard "Dakota from Braintree" pat himself on the back for some prediction he supposedly made before saying something ridiculous, at which point Ordway out-vocalized him in letting him know how stupid he was (this was either today or yesterday) ... something about Dice-K that I couldn't decipher with the two trying to out-shout each other.

So to answer your question: yes, the "all-star" callers are still there.

And yes, they need to go away; now and forever. Perhaps it would be fun to see how Felger dealt with them if they all migrated to 98.5:bricks:

Ive heard Dakota on Felgers show, they used to have some New Yawker named Louie call but after he insulted Mazz I think they cut him off.

Semi-related, I wanted to share this simply because it was so absurd. A minute ago I turned on the radio; put on WEEI and it's Dennis and Callahan. I know, I know: what was I thinking.

Anyways one of them mentions how Peter King mentioned that the Pats are bringing in Mallett and Ingram for visits. He then says that he doesn't understand why they would waste their time bringing in Mallett, since the Patriots could get all the information they need on him by watching Jon Gruden working with him on espn.

I assumed he (don't know which one of the two it was, sorry) said this in jest. But then he went on and on about how you can tell so much about all the quarterback prospects from the show, using Jake Locker taking notes as proof that he's a surefire prospect.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that anyone who follows the sport in even the least bit - much less someone being well paid for their commentary - would actually say this. Then again perhaps that's the problem; they probably don't follow the NFL or the Patriots beyond reading a headline or two. That comment tells me that it is highly unlikely that they watched the video of Nick Caserio's pre-draft conference, or any one of the many columns that detailed what took place there - even though Caserio's conference was covered by every single local outlet, was one of the two biggest Pats stories in the past week, and just occurred a few days ago.

Last edited:
Great illustration of my point that most of the sports media personalities are butt ignorant of the sport they comment about, e'g' Felger's proud cap ignorance.

I read this site because there are several incisive posters who are very informative and knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Semi-related, I wanted to share this simply because it was so absurd. A minute ago I turned on the radio; put on WEEI and it's Dennis and Callahan. I know, I know: what was I thinking.

Anyways one of them mentions how Peter King mentioned that the Pats are bringing in Mallett and Ingram for visits. He then says that he doesn't understand why they would waste their time bringing in Mallett, since the Patriots could get all the information they need on him by watching Jon Gruden working with him on espn.

I assumed he (don't know which one of the two it was, sorry) said this in jest. But then he went on and on about how you can tell so much about all the quarterback prospects from the show, using Jake Locker taking notes as proof that he's a surefire prospect.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that anyone who follows the sport in even the least bit - much less someone being well paid for their commentary - would actually say this. Then again perhaps that's the problem; they probably don't follow the NFL or the Patriots beyond reading a headline or two. That comment tells me that it is highly unlikely that they watched the video of Nick Caserio's pre-draft conference, or any one of the many columns that detailed what took place there - even though Caserio's conference was covered by every single local outlet, was one of the two biggest Pats stories in the past week, and just occurred a few days ago.

King writes from a national perspective, and that makes a difference. Also, since I didn't watch all the Gruden stuff, which QBs has he seemed to be wrong about to date? From what I remember, he's been pretty accurate about Clausen.

King writes from a national perspective, and that makes a difference. Also, since I didn't watch all the Gruden stuff, which QBs has he seemed to be wrong about to date? From what I remember, he's been pretty accurate about Clausen.
I guess I didn't make my point clear. What I was trying to say was that the two seemed to agree that there was no point in the Pats bringing in a quarterback for a visit; all the information they needed could simply be obtained by watching a television show.

I realize that sounds like I'm taking them far too literally, but to me they sounded quite serious with their viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back