PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seven Linebackers?

:) so say you and me. However, clearly Belichick sees something in Bequette, so my proposal is to simply add Benard as the 5th DE, a reasonable number.

And yes, the second OT is not the best use of a PS spot. Obviously RB, DE, KR and OC would all be better uses of a spot.

I'll assume he sees something in Bequette. Having said that, I don't think Bernard showed that much for a veteran. I like Buchanan as a project, with with his effort and his physical potential, with that height and wingspan. I'd just as soon keep trying to find someone among the cuts if this is the best we have for depth.

One of us can't count. Who have I forgotten? Dowling was cut and A Wilson is on IR.

CB: Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
S : McCourty, Gregory, Wilson, Harmon, Ebner

I miscounted 11 instead of 10, you misapplied the < calling 10<8

Well since Bequette is on the roster and Benard was cut, it appears football.

I have no problem with "they see something in Bequette". Beating somebody out? I think that's a little strong.

Peace. Nothing really here except having a little discussion to pass the time until game time.

I have no problem with "they see something in Bequette". Beating somebody out? I think that's a little strong.

Peace. Nothing really here except having a little discussion to pass the time until game time.

Bequette made the team and figures to have a big role. I know you don't like him, but if Benard were better he would be here.

Bequette made the team and figures to have a big role. I know you don't like him, but if Benard were better he would be here.

I don't dislike him, he hasn't shown anything to like or dislike. The fact that they'd prefer to keep him over a marginal vet who's only 6'2" doesn't really tell us much.

I hope they see the potential they saw when they drafted him and he turns into a monster, I'm not one of those redo the draft people. Bernard looked good a couple times, but he's ultimately just another guy at pass rusher, no tears for his loss.

"Figures to have a big role"? Well let's hope so, because that would mean he contributes. Hope you're right.

It's actually worse. Back a year or two people hoped Tavon Wilson could be a safety. Not with those Jurassic Park hip swivel as we discovered in Seattle. I hope I'm proven wrong, but as of today he's only going to see ST and play up close as a hybrid LB in the nickel. Did anyone even see him play defense? If he was, I missed it.

Take out Buchanan, another Illini. I absolutely agree with RayClay--we need another CB.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back