PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meriweather = future PATRIOT. lets hope
Picture an onfield brawl between Florida International and Miami, see the gangster dude swinging his helmet like a club? Don't get your hopes too high.

Picture an onfield brawl between Florida International and Miami, see the gangster dude swinging his helmet like a club? Don't get your hopes too high.

yeah, that's the only thing I really have against him.

I know its tough to do, but if you had to name one guy who stood out who would it be? Mine would be Merriweather.
Considering my sleep inducing meds kicked in for the second quarter I'll wait until I've reviewed tape.

um yeah thats Anthony Reddick #26

Meriweather = #19..he did the stomping

get your facts straight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4umT51TUaI&mode=related&search=

around 40 seconds. who swings the helmet? #26? yes. Anthony Reddick. another future great Miami safety who will start next year

around 44 seconds, you see #19 Stomping on someone. Yes, 19 is Meriweather.

Last edited:
Did Anthony Spencer play. He's a DE from Purdue. He looks like on of those Purdue DE's that can be converted to OLB, like Rosey and Phillips. At this time he's projected to be a second or third rounder, but who knows by April.

I don't have the NFL network so I didn't get the game.

yes, I saw Anthony Spencer play. I didn't get a chance to see him in space covering as a LB though.

Did Anthony Spencer play. He's a DE from Purdue. He looks like on of those Purdue DE's that can be converted to OLB, like Rosey and Phillips. At this time he's projected to be a second or third rounder, but who knows by April.

I don't have the NFL network so I didn't get the game.

hes actually a late 1st-early-mid 2nd

i like him a lot and he would be a great 3-4 OLB imo..hes fast, quick and athletic. i wouldnt mind him/moses or abiamiri..id actually put all 3 of them ahead of Woodley

um yeah thats Anthony Reddick #26

Meriweather = #19..he did the stomping

get your facts straight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4umT51TUaI&mode=related&search=

around 40 seconds. who swings the helmet? #26? yes. Anthony Reddick. another future great Miami safety who will start next year

around 44 seconds, you see #19 Stomping on someone. Yes, 19 is Meriweather.
Shame on me for listening to the announcers! :D Though I think the difference in degree is pretty minor when BB starts checking over SP's candidate list.

yes, I saw Anthony Spencer play. I didn't get a chance to see him in space covering as a LB though.
He was used strictly as a 4-3 DE, but the scuttlebutt has it he will be asked to do LB drills at the Combine. I didn't think he had a great week of practice.

Shame on me for listening to the announcers! :D Though I think the difference in degree is pretty minor when BB starts checking over SP's candidate list.

i think its a big difference. you can kill someone by swinging a helmet. dont think u can kill someone by stomping on their legs

i think its a big difference. you can kill someone by swinging a helmet. dont think u can kill someone by stomping on their legs
Put him on your draft board then, I'm fussy but it's your board.

Put him on your draft board then, I'm fussy but it's your board.

he is on my draft board. why shouldnt he be on anyones? If coach feels the issue was just a rare thing..then hes a great fit. versatile, leader, vocal, playmaker.

He was used strictly as a 4-3 DE, but the scuttlebutt has it he will be asked to do LB drills at the Combine. I didn't think he had a great week of practice.

Both Rosey and Phillips were used the same way at Purdue.

The guy I would like to break down on film concerning coverage was Stewart Bradley. He weighed in at the Senior Bowl at 6'5, 256. He played OLB for the Huskers. The only knock on him is he had an ACL his Jr. season (which can scare teams during draft day). The Senior Bowl doesn't allow blitzing, but I would like to see him in coverage. As a LB, who is used to covering people, he might be less of a projection. BB I believe once said that OLB in college project ILB for us, and DE in college project to be OLB. Right now, Bradley is in the top three on my board.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/stewartbradley.html

Last edited:
The guy I would like to break down on film concerning coverage was Stewart Bradley. He weighed in at the Senior Bowl at 6'5, 256. He played OLB for the Huskers. The only knock on him is he had an ACL his Jr. season (which can scare teams during draft day). The Senior Bowl doesn't allow blitzing, but I would like to see him in coverage. As a LB, who is used to covering people, he might be less of a projection. BB I believe once said that OLB in college project ILB for us, and DE in college project to be OLB. Right now, Bradley is in the top three on my board.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/stewartbradley.html
He showed up a couple times during the game if I recall, I'll be trying to crunch some tape in the next couple weeks.

Ok, I thought I would watch the 1st quarter again.

One interesting play, was a throw to Bowe (LSU) against Leon Hall. Hall had really good coverage and broke up the play. On another play, Hall came down to tackle the RB who was thrown the ball in the flats. He did a good job and wrapped.

Posluznuy (PSU) (sp) looks really thin. He looks like he weighs as much as Rodney Harrison. He did an excellent job in pass coverage, breaking up a play against a TE early in the first quarter.

I hate to pick on Patrick Willis, but watching him, not only did he get blown out of the play twice near the goaline (resulting in a TD), but he also had one other issue earlier in that drive. The play was the Jason Hill reverse. Watch him. He gets faked out and has to turn around 360 degrees and chase the RB. The only good thing he did was eventually tackle Jason Hill, but the defense gave up a lot of yardage on that reverse. He may have gotten credit for the tackle way down the field, but in IMHO he bit on that play.

Willis did make a good play stopping the RB on a sweep at the beginning of the second quarter. He was untouched but had good speed to get to the RB on the outside.

Jonathan Wade (CB) really impressed me. He did give up some catches, but he was real tight on the coverage, and even got a mention from **** Vermeil about how tight the coverage was.

Last edited:
Looking back at the game in the second quarter, Blades made some good plays both in coverage and against the run. He's kinda of short and small though.

Last edited:
BTW, Brian Leonard (Rutgers) makes a real good play against Buster Davis at about 6:20 left in the second quarter. Buster tries to meet Leonard in the hole in the backfield, but Leonard got the leverage on him and carried him for two yards for the first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye