PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senior Bowl Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
good pick-off by Micahel Coe.

These QB's are sucking wind. Why were our scouts talking to Stanton again? :confused:

Amobi Okoye is a stud. At 19, he's real young, but he seems to have that quickness at the snap of the ball. In a cover-2, he would be a DT. But in a 3-4, at 312 lbs, he would play DE.

hes only 287...hes real quick though..like Tommie Harris

Last edited:
Good effort by WR Courtney Taylor, he didn't stay down.

Last edited:
they sure are.

it could also just be bad protection by the OL, and great secondary play. I haven't been seeing a lot of WR running through the secondary wide open.

Jay Moore of Nebraska just got a good mention as a 3-4 LB for a team like the Patriots. He's 280, so he's kind of heavy, but did a good move on the OT for the strip of the football from the QB.

Good stop by Michael Griffin on the pass play in the flats.

Well, here's my grades of guys who got A on defense.

Merriweather.....A Played FS/CB. Was tight in coverage, and had a good hit on a WR.
Michael Griffin........A- He only had one bad play where he took the wrong angle.
Jonathan Wade....A He gave a TD against Jason Hill, but was tight on the coverage.
Josh Wilson.....A Was impressed by his game speed. Great tipped pass early in the game.
Leon Hall.....A From what I saw he looked pretty good.
David Harris..... He just seemed quicker to the ball, and could shed blocks.

I gotta say that right now DB looks pretty good in the 1st round, especially safety.

Jason Hill really impressed at WR, he gets an A++.

Last edited:
MVP: Hunt
Offensive MVPs : Grubbs-Stanton i think
Defensive MVPs: Hall and Willis

MVP: Hunt
Offensive MVPs : Grubbs-Stanton i think
Defensive MVPs: Hall and Willis

Are those your awards or did they actually give the overrated Willis defensive MVP ? Grubbs was on a line that was getting owned all day. Stanton didn't do much either.

Are those your awards or did they actually give the overrated Willis defensive MVP ? Grubbs was on a line that was getting owned all day. Stanton didn't do much either.

actual awards..and Willis isnt overrated..its tough for LBs b/c your limited in Senior Bowl with the rules

bottom line: those are the awards announced.

Jay Moore with 3 sacks was the player that caught **** Vermeil's eye as the one that impressed for him.

actual awards..and Willis isnt overrated..its tough for LBs b/c your limited in Senior Bowl with the rules

bottom line: those are the awards announced.

Well those awards are a bunch of BS then. Willis had a horrible game. He was constantly out of the equation particularly in the first half.

How do Jay Moore or Okoye not get the defensive MVP? :confused:

Jay Moore with 3 sacks was the player that caught **** Vermeil's eye as the one that impressed for him.

Moore had 2 sacks that he just had to walk through..miscommunication on the line and he just ran in there untouched..

Moore had 2 sacks that he just had to walk through..miscommunication on the line and he just ran in there untouched..

Because there's no blitzing, there doesn't seem to be any reason for a RT to be relying on the backs to block.

My initial impression (and maybe Box O Rocks can correct me) is that Patrick Willis is an ideal Tampa 2 LB. IMHO, we need an ILB who can shed blocks and has leverage.

BTW, Brian Leonard the RB/FB really impressed me in the game. I think he's from Rutgers. Early in the game, I saw him catch a pass, and he shed some tackles to pick up the first down. Plus, I believe he's the one who got great leverage against Patrick Willis and took him right out of the play.

Last edited:
My initial impression (and maybe Box O Rocks can correct me) is that Patrick Willis is an ideal Tampa 2 LB. IMHO, we need an ILB who can shed blocks and has leverage.
Oh great, put the burden of shattering the dreams of the Willis fan club on my shoulders! :D

He's 6'1" 240 per his Senior Bowl weigh-in and seems to be looking at a first round grade. Without trying to grade his Senior Bowl (though I did crow when one of my favorites planted him on his backside converting on 4th down), I'll just say he's at the bottom edge of my weight scale for a Patriot ILB and I think his first round potential is going to price him out of BB's grocery list.

Oh great, put the burden of shattering the dreams of the Willis fan club on my shoulders! :D

He's 6'1" 240 per his Senior Bowl weigh-in and seems to be looking at a first round grade. Without trying to grade his Senior Bowl (though I did crow when one of my favorites planted him on his backside converting on 4th down), I'll just say he's at the bottom edge of my weight scale for a Patriot ILB and I think his first round potential is going to price him out of BB's grocery list.

I know its tough to do, but if you had to name one guy who stood out who would it be? Mine would be Merriweather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes