PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Second Favorite Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Rams(my fav SB and the one I hold closest to my heart)
2.49ers(without them Brady might of been a plummer lol)
3.Cards(Should of beat Pit last year but w/e fack the ref's)
4.Lions(B.Sanders will always be the man)
5.Falcons(I like the dirty bird and J.Anderson was the **** for a year back in the day)

I switch with my favorite teams to watch based on, whatever ahhahahaah. But here are my picks:

1. Packers: I love me some Aaron Rodgers. I also like it that he wants to stick it to Favre whom I despise. Plus they have a nice watchable team.

2. Broncos: Josh McDaniels is mostly the reason why but even before, I used to (and still do) love Mike Shanahan as a coach.

3. Ravens: Because Ray Rice is on my fantasy team and he's killing...just straight killing.

Mine usually changes from year to year except for the Eagles, I've liked McNabb since he was at Syracuse. Now I have the bonus of cheering on Hobbs and Asante in the NFCE. Right now I like the Saints a lot. Other than that I pretty much like individual players and not necessarily their teams

I think I'll categorize this as "teams that bother me the least"

Well said..................... PATRIOTS, then all others don't matter.

Oh, I do have teams I detest more then others, and obviously root for SOME former Pats folks to do okay, but only on a personal level (not a team level). I loved McD (like most of us did), but sorry............. you won't find me doing "Donks" cheers when they play or anything. Just can't bring myself to root for other team on a consistant basis outside matchup or "it help the pats" reasons.

I love the sport and like to watch good "matchups' too and there are generally enough of those each week outside of the Pats games that I always enjoy my Sundays (even weeks like this bye one for us). I don't have to root for either team playing to enjoy a well fought game.

Last edited:
I dont root for any other teams. Only the Skins.

I do have different teams I love to watch for certain reasons. As of today my top 5 would be.....

1. Saints - Fun to watch. Gregg Williams running the defense. (I wish we hired him instead of Zorn)
2. Vikings - Favre is a living legend. I want to see how far he can take Minny.
3. Texans - Schaub from UVA and Andre Johnson who is the best WR in the NFL. Can the Texans finally make the playoffs this year?
4. Cardinals - Warner & Co. are also fun to watch. Still upset they didnt win the SB. The Cardinal fans deserved it.
5. Colts - Manning might just be the greatest QB in NFL History by the time he retires. Hes right up there with the best ever.

since the early 70's my second favorite team has been the Washington Redskins . . . go Billie Kilmer, George Allen, and the over the hill gang . . .

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! :eat3:

Last edited:
Broncos - I just like their team
Texans - I use to live in Dallas, but I dont like the Cowboys

no second favorite team. pats or nothing. but teams that make my skin crawl the least or are semi-tolerable.

atlanta
denver
kc
saints

Well as I stated in the top 5 most hated thread I hate pretty much any team not named New England Patriots but somewhere inside of me I'm pullin for Denver and KC for some obvious reasons.

I've only got four, and they rotate on a weekly basis:

1. Whoever is playing the Jets
2. Whoever is playing the Steelers
3. Whoever is playing the Dolphins
4. Whoever is playing the Bills

If any of the teams actually named are playing another team on the list, I root for a tie.

Last edited:
5. Colts - Manning might just be the greatest QB in NFL History by the time he retires. Hes right up there with the best ever.

Start wars much?

As our own Mr. Rousseau once put very succinctly - if we were playing the martians for control of the planet and we had to minutes left to get the winning score, TFB is the only guy you'd want at QB.

Since I'm in Philly and will be here for a while, i'd go with the Eagles. I think Andy Reid is an awesome coach and the eagles are competitive every year because of him. But I disagree with those who thinks McNabb is a great quarterback. He's physically good but mentally still in highschool. The Eagles would have won a superbowl with any other decent QBs, Rodgers, Orton, Rivers, etc.

Go Phillies... :p

I have a soft spot for the Bills.

Watching that organization and fanbase lose 4 Super Bowls in a row did that for me. Poor f#ckers.

I've got a soft spot for the redskins. texans are cool too

Last edited:
Patriots are number 1, and then there's no one else... I can understand appreciating the beauty of the game, but I never got when people have 4/5 different "favorite" teams. If there are circumstances when the Patriots are either out of the playoffs, or can't possibly be benefited in anyway in terms of playoff seeding, next year's draft picks from other teams, etc... then there are certain other teams that I can tolerate winning a little more than others (I've always had a soft spot for Houston, for some reason, but they're certainly not a second favorite team).

Start wars much?

As our own Mr. Rousseau once put very succinctly - if we were playing the martians for control of the planet and we had to minutes left to get the winning score, TFB is the only guy you'd want at QB.

Not here to start a war. Its just my opinion. Brady is also a great QB. I give a slight edge to Manning. I dont mean any disrespect.

I have season tickets to the Saints and have for about 8 years now, becasue I live here and it's fun to go to the games so I suppose they're my second favorite team. That said, I skip those games if they conflict with important Pats games (for example they play the Panthers the same day we play the Dolphins and I'll probably either sell my tickets to that game or arrive really late) and when they play the Pats it's no question who I root for. I don't get mad when the Saints lose games, Pats losses bother me all week.

I actually wont root for any other AFC team...

When I was growing up I followed the Chiefs and Redskins in the early 70s (maybe I liked Indians?) untilI became a 1 team fan in the Pats in the late 70s

As of right now I really respect and hope the Saints can represent the NFC in the Super Bowl - For all the turmoil of all the bad years decades ago and Katrina who wiped out an entire city,those fans deserve the best and a winner.

The Patriots against the Saints in SB 44 would be a dream come true for me..Of course the Pats would win ;)

growing up in Colorado I was raised a Broncos fan. I have since switched to the Pats with the addition of Tom Brady. The Broncos remain my 2nd team. I go to a couple games a season and watch them all on TV. I go to a local sports bar and catch all the Pats games.

i have to admit i have not any favorite second team but i like the AFC much more then the NFC

i do not dislike at all the Cincinnati Bengals but i can not call them my 2nd team

so...Go Pats !

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore