PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Second Favorite Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda root for the 49ers a bit. For fans of that team who were there in the eighties and early nineties its been tough for a long time now. I wouldn't mind seeing them have a couple of winning seasons and an NFC championship, and I'd really love to meet and beat them in a superbowl. There is something about that which really appeals to me.

As much as I hate saying it, I don't support them at all but I find it exciting watching the Dolphins with all these tricks in their offense. Its very entertaining.

The Pats practice squad. :D

WHOEVER's playing the DeadSkins!!! I lived in Northern Virginia for 25 years and had to put up with the most OBNOXIOUS/diehard Skin's fan...Dan Snyder is the BEST thing that ever happen to that team!!!!!!!!!

I guess I can root for the Broncos against anyone not named the Patriots now that McDaniels is in charge of the team. I followed the Jaguars when I lived up there, and pulled for them as well when they weren't playing the Pats.

But I can't really call those two my second and third FAVORITE teams. Just teams I pull for sometimes. It's Pats or nothing for me.

he got it right - favorite is a sinuglar term.

For Pats fans, it is easiest to like teams with ties to our current squad. (broncos)

49ers.

My pops is a big 9ers fan and its been a long while since they've had any success so I like to see them do well.

I figure if I'm going to have a 2nd team to pull for after the Pats, it has to be an NFC team.

49ers QB of the future = former BALL STATE qb Nate Davis. remember the name

Personally, although I live in Foxborough, MA and am a huge fan of the Patriots, my second-favorite team is the Eagles. They have a great team, players, and unifrom. I don't care what people try to convince me, Donovan McNabb is a great QB and deserves to win a Superbowl, which I hope he does (although maybe not THIS year....or next;))

so you just didn't care for 39 huh? man win/wins in football must be nice...i have never experienced such a thing

1. Eagles - Don't know why, it was between the Pats and Eagles when I first got into the NFL but I made the right choice :cool:
2. Detroit - Probably because of pity
3. Packers - Mainly because of Rogers
4. Texans - 2nd favourite AFC team
5. Panthers - Don't know why, I think it's because I like their uniforms.

Not even Lions fans' favorite team is the lions...pity is no excuse

Whoever the Jets, Bills or Dolphins happen to be playing is my 2nd favorite team. If they are playing each other I root for Swine Flu.

Here's a real answer. Whoever is the playing New Jersey jets/phins/colts.

I agree...If the colts played Iraq, I'd cheer for Iraq.

I'm an underdog of the week kinda guy. In games that don't affect the conference, I like to see the "little guy do well."

I play Fantasy football, but I don't really do much more than check it Mondays and shuffle my line-up. I just love watching the game.

I used to be a Bengals fan and I could certainly root for them if the Pats fell out of contention, but the gap between Pats and other teams is a pretty big leap. Put it this way, I don't have any swag from other NFL teams beyond some old sports cards.

I absolutely HATE nfl watchers who cheer for a specific team because they have one or two fantasy points riding on the game. That's one reason I loathe fantasy games - it takes away the true reasons for liking a player or team. It gives fans wrong reasons to cheer for football.

I always hear lines like, "I don't care if the Vikings win, I just hope AP runs for 400 yards and 5 tds." I absolutely cant stand it. Football is a team sport and a combination of efforts. Watchers should keep this is mind when watching. Never should a watcher be frantically clapping when two different teams score - for any reason.

Choose a team and like them. Fans who know the game cannot be rooting for players on both sides of the field. It's pathetic. Now I'm not saying jSn does this...you just brought forth the idea.

Don't take fantasy serious, that's why they call it fantasy. Don't be happy when someone scores on the Pats because they're on your online team. In fact, don't even start players who are playing the Pats. You just prove to me that you're incapable of critically forming a football opinion when you watch a game for ONE person. It makes me sick...

now, back to my other FAVORITE teams...

My other favorite teams tend to change from year to year as circumstances change. This year it would be Denver due to their Patriot connections. I'm also rooting for KC. N

o matter the year, I've always liked the Dolphins and Bills; guess I just saw a lot of them playing the Pats when the Pats weren't going anywhere. :eek:

My 2nd favorite team is usually a team that is stocked at WR ... changes year to year. This year I like the Vikings. I'm no Favre fan but I can look past him.

HOW ARE VIKES LOADED AT WIDE OUT???

I'll give you that Favre is making Sidney Rice look like a pro-bowler...but beyond that WR has always been their weakness (besides T-jack and the rest of the qb's) Harvin has a lot to learn in terms of receiver. Berrian routinely drops passes and loses on big play opportunities. Jamar Johnson has basically been used as a KR, and no one else plays a significant role in the passing game.

Now Shaincoe is a baller...there is def reason to love that guy...

1). Chicago Bears -- love their rough-hewn tradition, don't like Lovie, though.
2). S.F. 49ers -- really like Singletary.
3). Seattle Seahawks -- cool city, cool stadium.
4). Baltimore Ravens -- tough team, cool name/mascot.

If Miami wasn't in our division I'd be tempted to include them just because it takes balls and imagination to play their style of offense.

I really respect the Steelers as a great organization and great fan base, but can't bring myself to root for them.

I hate singletary with a PASSION. also, i don't understand liking a team for the colors/city/logo. Could you explain?

Bills. I pity the city and the franchise and would like to see them win it all if the Patriots do not. Plus, aside from perhaps TO, they have had a pretty innocuous, non-objectionable, group of players in recent years.

ouch...people are choosing division teams for this one??? wow...

My other favorite teams tend to change from year to year as circumstances change. This year it would be Denver due to their Patriot connections. I'm also rooting for KC. N

o matter the year, I've always liked the Dolphins and Bills; guess I just saw a lot of them playing the Pats when the Pats weren't going anywhere. :eek:

So you still enjoy watching the phins and bills?

So do you mind less when we lose to those teams opposed to other teams? just curious...

Don't really have an affinity for any other team in the NFL. I may casually root for a team in a big game like AZ in last year's SB or the Bears when they played the Colts in SB 41 just to be vindictive.....:p

Don't really have an affinity for any other team in the NFL. I may casually root for a team in a big game like AZ in last year's SB or the Bears when they played the Colts in SB 41 just to be vindictive.....:p

sb 41 was the first one i havent watched since the chargers niners super bowl - 94 maybe? in reality, we lost the super bowl that year too

49ers QB of the future = former BALL STATE qb Nate Davis. remember the name

The whole country is aware of Nate Davis. Wasn't Letterman constantly going on about him while they were unbeaten last year.

I think he will do well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft