PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle to go to the SB IMO.They are a wagon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Atlanta have trouble versus the run? If so they could be seeing more of Lynch's thighs than his wife.
21st ranked run D. I'm not so concerned with that outside of Atlanta's ability to score quickly with Jones, White and Gonzalez at home. Whether or not that comes to fruition who knows.

As I said, there was no double standard in play. "Trade Brady" is an allusion to a megathread from the past and was in response to someone who'd posted:

which would be a monumentally silly approach, given that the focus on the offense would have been what got you the last Super Bowl win and the success from 2007 onwards. You being "done with" me isn't going to change that, and it's not going to make my post suddenly morph into any kind of double standard.

OK I'll bite.

1. You say you used an allusion to make your point.

2. But that's what I did. I responded to what I thought was a ridiculously absolute statement (we'd absolutely beat the Redskins by 30 points) by using the equally and deliberately ridiculous absolute that if we can't beat JAX by 30 points then we can't beat the Redskins by the same.

But somehow, you seem to think your post was sensible whilst mine was "silly" and "trolling". That's where the double standard lies.

OK I'll bite.

1. You say you used an allusion to make your point.

2. But that's what I did. I responded to what I thought was a ridiculously absolute statement (we'd absolutely beat the Redskins by 30 points) by using the equally and deliberately ridiculous absolute that if we can't beat JAX by 30 points then we can't beat the Redskins by the same.

But somehow, you seem to think your post was sensible whilst mine was "silly" and "trolling". That's where the double standard lies.

No, you took a "30 points" comment literally, as if a 29 point win would be insufficient. You took a very normal thing, which is someone picking a high number, applied a game that had nothing, at all, to do with the poing being made, and pretended it meant something significant when you already knew damned well that it didn't. How sluggishly the Patriots played the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 16 of the regular season, when they'd already sewn up a playoff spot and were coming off of a difficult loss, was completely irrelevant to how they'd perform against the Redskins in what would have been the Super Bowl. But again, you already knew that.

My comment, on the other hand, took someone's poorly thought out post and brought up a megathread brought about by a similarly poorly thought out post.

There's no double standard there, no matter how often you claim there is one.

No, you took a "30 points" comment literally, as if a 29 point win would be insufficient. You took a very normal thing, which is someone picking a high number, applied a game that had nothing, at all, to do with the poing being made, and pretended it meant something significant when you already knew damned well that it didn't. How sluggishly the Patriots played the Jacksonville Jaguars in week 16 of the regular season, when they'd already sewn up a playoff spot and were coming off of a difficult loss, was completely irrelevant to how they'd perform against the Redskins in what would have been the Super Bowl. But again, you already knew that.

My comment, on the other hand, took someone's poorly thought out post and brought up a megathread brought about by a similarly poorly thought out post.

There's no double standard there, no matter how often you claim there is one.

My God.

I was going to add something else but "My God" pretty much sums up what I think of you.

Please don't respond to any more of my posts. Many thanks.

Redskins were winning in the 4th quarter until RG3 went gimpy. The Seahawks would have lost this game if it was a month ago. They just don't play as well on the road which they will have to do the next 2 games.

Yes....... and go even further than that. The Skins offense was so bad after the first two possessions that Seattle was getting the ball back over and over automatically and in short order. After the Skins second TD, I can barely remember them being on the field for more than a minute or so. That is a lot to ask of any defense to be on the field that long to come up with stop after stop after stop.
I seriously doubt the Falcons will give the Hawks that much time of possession. I doubt that will allow the Hawks to gain another lofty rushing total. And while I agree Seattle isn't some long shot to win, it's hilarious to see them being given such a high chance of winning. I suspect the Falcons will in fact prove that wrong in 6 days.

Last edited:
Pats v San Fran/Seahawks is a good bet and i promise you next time round those rookie QB's won't be running and flinging it into the endzone all over again.

Jacked and Pumped post game locker room:
Seattle Seahawks locker-room speech - NFL Videos

"Can you win the game in the first quarter?"

"No!".

"Can you win the game in the second quarter?"

"No!"

Can you win the game in the third quarter?"

"No!"

Can you win the game in the Fourth quarter?"

"Yes!"

Pretty good response to those questioning the Seahawks performance in the first quarter.

"No!".

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Pretty good response to those questioning the Seahawks performance in the first quarter.

It's pretty good evidence that they all know how many quarters are in a football game. That's about it, though.

By the way, I've seen plenty of teams lose a game in the first quarter. The Seahawks probably would have been one of those teams, if they hadn't been playing against a crippled quarterback.

Last edited:
It's pretty good evidence that they all know how many quarters are in a football game. That's about it, though.

By the way, I've seen plenty of teams lose a game in the first quarter. The Seahawks probably would have been one of those teams, if they hadn't been playing against a crippled quarterback.

The only thing that matters is the final result. Anything else is mere opinion.

"if they hadn't been playing against a crippled quarterback" as well as a HC determined to base his decisions not on winning but on a clearly injured/hurt and clearly ineffective player being 'his guy'.

Just thought I would add that on....:D

It's still a road playoff win against a division winner no matter how we slice it. The film should show that they adjusted and found some answers to RGIII, not just that the injury was the only factor. It's not like Petey is a dolt on x's and o's.

Not matter what, they dominated on defense once they adjusted and that included My Cousin Cousins, who not long ago was hailed as the best backup since My Cousin Vinny.

I'll say this, they scare me less then: 49ers, GB, Denver, and maybe even Atlanta.

No ****, sherlock. You do realize that touchdowns scored in the first quarter count for exactly as many points as fourth quarter touchdowns, right?

Ummmmm, this a BB, opinions are a bit more than "mere" here. With that said, all opinions are not created equal. For instance if someone looks at the game and opines on what RGIII was doing after the first quarter, one might have the opinion that his injury had rendered him ineffective. An opinion born of that might say the Hawks now have a much greater opportunity to win the game/were given a break on what they needed do to win.

That is an opinion based on empirical evidence which makes it more weighty one......wouldn't you say?

"No!".

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Watching that last night, my first thought was that might be the corniest thing I've seen a coach do since I saw a coach bring in the dude that sang standby me and sing it kumbaya style with his college team only to leave after the season....oh wait....

The guy is as corny as they come.

No ****, sherlock. You do realize that touchdowns scored in the first quarter count for exactly as many points as fourth quarter touchdowns, right?

My. You smart.

Did I say otherwise? You're coming up with some great arguments tonight. :rolleyes:

lynch isn't the best back in the game..did you forget peterson?

After that, and a few other quote worthy moments, you've spent literally the entire thread trying to make the case that the Seahawks adjustments had more to do with Washington's struggles than RGIII's injury right up to and including this very post. Again, you're backpedaling. You know it, I know. You should have bowed out of the thread after you admitted that you have no idea what adjustments they made to support your argument.

And still, you can't back up your claim with any actual quotes. Strange, huh?

I could have quoted you more than once. I figured you could read.

Easy to hide behind a "Could have" statement while refusing to back it up with evidence. Yes, I can read. Apparently, you have trouble in that area.

Thing is, I know what adjustments they made. I gave you a gift in one of my responses to you. My question was directed at you as a test of knowledge.

Sure you did, sport. Keep putting on your facade. Nobody's buying it.

You made the original claim and you couldn't back it up. Trying to put the ball in my court doesn't change that, nor is it relevant.

I made an original claim which you twisted to in an effort to make me sound contradictory in this thread. Funny thing is, you're the only one here making any lavish claims -- none of which you can back up. So yeah, the ball is in your court.

With that said, though, I'm done with you here. I'll let you have the last word as I've already thoroughly made my point here.

Translation: "I realize the error of my ways, and I've crossed the point of no return with my out-of-line posts. I know that continued responses will only aid in making myself look more idiotic than I already have".

Apology accepted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST