PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle to go to the SB IMO.They are a wagon right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the game end after the first quarter ?. I keep hearing people say they would have lost because they were down 14 and if RGIII was healthy. I guess the colts should have lost the 2006 AFCCG. Also injuries are part of the game so everyone who keeps mentioning RGIII 's injury its irrelevant. If Gronk was not injured i'm convinced we beat the Giant's in the Superbowl but last time i checked nobody cares because its football and injuries happen.

Does the game end after the first quarter ?. I keep hearing people say they would have lost because they were down 14 and if RGIII was healthy. I guess the colts should have lost the 2006 AFCCG. Also injuries are part of the game so everyone who keeps mentioning RGIII 's injury its irrelevant. If Gronk was not injured i'm convinced we beat the Giant's in the Superbowl but last time i checked nobody cares because its football and injuries happen.

I like what you're doing here. So, if I have this straight, should the Patriots cruise to a two score lead, have Brady sustain an injury where it's clear that he shouldn't be playing or it takes him out of the game, and the Patriots lose 24-14 after their offense can't move the ball, then the injury is irrelevant? Explain this logic to me.

Not one person here has said that the Seahawks didn't win in the sense of which team is moving on in the playoffs, so you're not really making any point here.

The issue wasn't that RG3 got injured. It's that he got injured and the coaching staff not only inexplicably insisted on keeping him in but kept calling plays that should have only been called with a healthy QB under center.

You do realize Seattle was down 13 against us this season and they came back to beat us and last time i checked Tom Brady did not get injuired. Teams are allowed to make in game adjustments.

Not sure if I agree with that.

Fair enough...

John Harbaugh > Pete
Jim Harbaugh > Pete
BB > Pete
McCarthy > Pete

I think Fox is better but with PM as a QB that makes him better. I also think he got blood out of stone last year and I thought he got royally screwed over in Carolina by ownership who IMO, are the ones that hamstrung him and ran that franchise into the ground.

I think Mike Smith is a very good coach and is better than Pete. But, he doesn't have the playoff success to back that up.

Kubiak...well, considering the job Petey did in SEA this may be a tie. Can't make an argument I guess for Pete > Kubiak.

Fair enough...

John Harbaugh > Pete
Jim Harbaugh > Pete
BB > Pete
McCarthy > Pete

I think Fox is better but with PM as a QB that makes him better. I also think he got blood out of stone last year and I thought he got royally screwed over in Carolina by ownership who IMO, are the ones that hamstrung him and ran that franchise into the ground.

I think Mike Smith is a very good coach and is better than Pete. But, he doesn't have the playoff success to back that up.

Kubiak...well, considering the job Petey did in SEA this may be a tie. Can't make an argument I guess for Pete > Kubiak.

I think John Harbaugh is a bit overrated. I'd probably take Carroll over Fox, not sure about Smith. Probably take Pete over Kubiak, too.

You do realize Seattle was down 13 against us this season and they came back to beat us and last time i checked Tom Brady did not get injuired. Teams are allowed to make in game adjustments.

Can you tell us what that has to do with the Redskins/Seahawks game?

I think John Harbaugh is a bit overrated. I'd probably take Carroll over Fox, not sure about Smith. Probably take Pete over Kubiak, too.

Well, i'll look at it from a couple of different angles...

I think John H. deserves the props because of success BAL has had in the playoffs (yea I know, he hasn't won a SB but 4 years, 4 playoffs, 2 AFCCG I think gives him the street cred over Petey).

We'll disagree over Foxy. I just think hes an outstanding HC, good defensive mind, very cognizant of talent and developing it. Same can be said for Petey but I don't think hes as good of a HC as Fox.

I give Kubiak credit for being part of an org that floundered a bit, but is now HC of a 12-4 team and a 2nd consecutive div appearance and a slight nod over Petey. Could go either way I guess..

Smith..Well, 5 years, .700 winning %...0-3 in the playoffs....I dunna know.

I do give Petey credit. hes done a solid job in SEA.

Last edited:
Marshawn Lynch without question is the best running back in the game today.
Wrong! The best running back in the NFL today is nicknamed "All Day".

Their D is dominant.
Not as dominant now without their best pass rusher.

Seahawks concerned Chris Clemons may have ACL injury | ProFootballTalk

I think the only team that can beat them is the Pats and Brady with his A game.
Atlanta or Green Bay/San Francisco will have their say in the matter.

Can you tell us what that has to do with the Redskins/Seahawks game?

People were saying they only won because Griffin got injuired so 'm just saying if they can come back against Tom and the number 1 offense its not unreasonable to think they could do it against a healthy Griffin and the Skins.

I like what you're doing here. So, if I have this straight, should the Patriots cruise to a two score lead, have Brady sustain an injury where it's clear that he shouldn't be playing or it takes him out of the game, and the Patriots lose 24-14 after their offense can't move the ball, then the injury is irrelevant? Explain this logic to me.

Of course it is. The point is the the Hags did come back they did not wilt and they did it in a playoff game on the road on the the east coast and they did it convincingly. The hags did what they had to do under adverse conditions. Give em credit they are for real.

As far as M. Lynch being the best back. I amended that statement in a later post. AP is the best hands down. Lynch is the best 3 or 4 in the league.

And Russel Wilson is the 4 th best QB remaining in the playoffs. I'd take him over Schaub and Flacco easily. The kid is cool as cucumber but still holds on to the ball to long as do most rookies.

The trash talking you guys seem to despise really comes from one player, and he's on defense. I WANT my defense to talk trash -- anything they can do to pump themselves up and get inside the opponents heads.

The guys on offense keep their mouths shut and do their talking on the field.

No. It's more of the whole team. Namely the head coach. That fcuker took a superbowl team and corkscrewed it into the ground. He sucks. He screwed up his college program down in USC. Hopefully he will hand grenade his current team also.

However, if he didn't suck so bad, the Pats never would have hired BB. So, maybe a blessing in disguise?

No. It's more of the whole team. Namely the head coach. That fcuker took a superbowl team and corkscrewed it into the ground. He sucks. He screwed up his college program down in USC. Hopefully he will hand grenade his current team also.

However, if he didn't suck so bad, the Pats never would have hired BB. So, maybe a blessing in disguise?

No question mark needed after that statement. It clearly was a blessing in disguise.

There are a list of events and decisions that lead up to BB being hired as the HC of the NEP. Kraft making the decision is obviously the big enchilada. But Parcells bringing BB here (thanks BP) because Baltimore bolted for Cleveland (thanks Art), BB himself adamantly telling the Jets & BP to take a hike (thanks BB for making that mentally unstable choice -- as the Jet's front office suggested).....and Carroll Pete and his polar opposite approach to coaching than BP (thanks PC). Kraft saw his coaching style and this reinforced that the Patriots needed a BB type coach (and why not get the coach that is named for the type of coach you want? :D).

With that said, I give credit where credit is due. He has the Hawks in the playoffs, playing better as the season went on (something he never accomplished with the NEP), some feeling like they have as good a shot as any to get to the SB. I have no idea how PC coaches the Hawks but I suspect he changed some of the 'California Pete' ways from his NEP days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing