PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter:Without settlement or ruling by sept 4 ,brady suspension starts Sept 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the NFL is trying to show the PA that it also has reasons to settle.

All I can say is "Injunction, junction what's your function?" :D

I hanker for a hunk'f ~ a slab or slice or chunk'f ~ a snack that is a Winner ~ and yet won't spoil my Dinner!!

I hanker for a hunk of Cheese. :D

*Edit: Here it is:

Last edited:
But don't you just expect better/more from him though?

Do I expect Schefter to treat the league as an expert on how it intends to handle something or do I expect him to exhaustively research arbitration law to determine the viability of what he was told?

Dude's a sports reporter - I expect the former from him.

Do I expect Schefter to treat the league as an expert on how it intends to handle something or do I expect him to exhaustively research arbitration law to determine the viability of what he was told?

Dude's a sports reporter - I expect the former from him.
However, given the league's track record of misinformation, I would expect Schefter to use due caution. That's what differentiates reporter from mouthpiece.

But the injunction has to be granted first .right ?

There is no way Berman would deny an injunction if he hasn't made a decision by the Sept 4th deadline, thats what this entire thing is about

Clearly the NFL is trying to show the PA that it also has reasons to settle. All I can say is "Injunction, junction what's your function?" :D
If I'm the NFL....
cooking up stings with biases and lies....

Berman: A classic Wall Street play.

Message to the NFL: Where's the proof? Where the hell is Pash? Rulings have been vacated for less, ya know. How can you say Brady had a competitive advantage when he did better in the second half? How the hell can you claim Goodell was neutral? So maybe you think I was born yesterday?

Message to Brady: Gee, I might not be able to make a decision by the 4th. How do you know I'm not just messing with you by coming down so hard on the NFL in open court even though I'm going to rule for them? So maybe you think I was born yesterday?

Message to both: Settle for crying out loud or take your chances. I'm going to dinner. A nice steak and a good Claret. Cap Grille, right around the corner. I wasn't born yesterday.

and don't forget THIS...

2 years later....it's a dark, rainy Manhattan night in late November...there's a chill in the air and flurries of snow coating windshields on Madison Avenue. Roger Goodell leaves NFL offices and walks briskly towards his waiting limo when....

His driver,Kensil can only scream "ROGER!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back