PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Pats sign Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
‏ @capeleaguer RT @tomecurran: Just spoke to Brandon Lloyd. Says "I'm ready for work. All the talking is done. I couldn't be more excited."

Nice, now give the man the playbook and have him meet Brady in 10 minutes to work on their chemistry HOOAH!!

i have to admit this signing gives me a bit of a boner:rocker:

5008_9c00_420.gif

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Patriots reach agreement with Brandon Lloyd | ProFootballTalk

Brandon Lloyd is Tom Brady’s newest weapon.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Lloyd has reached an agreement with the Patriots, ending a day in which we saw one report that a deal between the Patriots and Lloyd was close and another report that the deal actually wasn’t close.

Now Lloyd is heading to New England, where he’ll add a deep threat capable of making spectacular catches to the Patriots’ passing game. He’ll also immediately understand what’s expected of him from Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels: Lloyd has a close relationship with McDaniels and had his best season playing for McDaniels in Denver in 2010.

Although money was reportedly a sticking point in the deal that Lloyd had said he wanted to get done, Lloyd had hinted he wanted to play in New England so badly that he’d take less money to sign there. They’ve now resolved whatever financial issues there were, and while there’s no word yet on how much money Lloyd got, he’ll be a Patriot.

Last edited:
That's great. He's going to be great in this offense.

Just one question.....Why the *uck didn't we sign him last season when we had the chance? Pats would have won the SB.

It's been 5 years since a Patriots acquisition made me yell out loud (Randy Moss), this is a big one IMO. The only downside is the expectations as he's had success with JMD, but in reality he doesn't need to have 1000 yards or close to it for this to be a success, I think another solid outside threat will only make Gronk/Welker/AH even more lethal.
That's my immediate thought. All of a sudden if one goes down you're not relying on 2 guys to make all the plays.

Gronkandez + Welkoyd. I like it.

That's great. He's going to be great in this offense.

Just one question.....Why the *uck didn't we sign him last season when we had the chance? Pats would have won the SB.
I think he has a better shot at success here if McDaniels is the OC and Josh wasn't back yet.

Could spell doom for Deion Branch. While Lloyd is great YAC, he is one of the leagues slower WR. Consistently ran in the low 4.6's after college. As he enters his 10th NFL season, it would be a feat if he could still run below 4.7.

This is a GREAT signing. He can beat the jam, has great body control, superb hands and YAC ability. I expect 1200 + yards and 10 - 15 TD's. But he won't take the top off of a defense. That guy probably comes in the draft.

Now that Brandon Lloyd is signed...

belichick-lets-party.jpg

Nice, now give the man the playbook and have him meet Brady in 10 minutes to work on their chemistry HOOAH!!

Maaaaaan, when does training camp start because I need it to be now.

Brandon Lloyd, you will be on my fantasy team. :D

Could spell doom for Deion Branch. While Lloyd is great YAC, he is one of the leagues slower WR. Consistently ran in the low 4.6's after college. As he enters his 10th NFL season, it would be a feat if he could still run below 4.7.

This is a GREAT signing. He can beat the jam, has great body control, superb hands and YAC ability. I expect 1200 + yards and 10 - 15 TD's. But he won't take the top off of a defense. That guy probably comes in the draft.

OK, now their just copying me..........

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Oh happyyy day!

Now for another offseason,The 'Kraft is Cheap and Won't Sign Any Decent Player' Fan Club Members Go Back To Their Hole For Another Year Of Waiting To Be Right About That'

320sw0sw7847.gif

Great news

Can't wait to see terms of the deal

Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Stephen Hill, Anthony Gonzalez.

Idgaf, the quest for 19-0 part 2!!!!

Unfinished business from 2007!
Re-sign Wes, Sign Landry and quit playing Draft give-a-way and we set Brady up for one or two more. I don't care about 2017 or 2018 whether we are still elite if we can get some rings now and I am sure Brady is more concerned about now. Will BB even be here then or will it be Josh as HC and BB as GM?

Really good value so far and you Cousins know I hate that word.
If even two of these four FAs so far work out, it was a tremendous FA period.

I think this says good bye to Branch unless he is on speed dial until to end of Pre Season. Ocho has a contract. It will be interesting to see if he ups his game or is he out.
Now I have to change my whole Draft board around!

Today I think also kills the Wembley and Wallace possibilities. Good players but this could work out better.
DW Toys

Now for another offseason,The 'Kraft is Cheap and Won't Sign Any Decent Player' Fan Club Members Go Back To Their Hole For Another Year Of Waiting To Be Right About That'

320sw0sw7847.gif

Where do you guys find these pics. LOL :D

Having him as a deep threat is going to help Welker, Gronk and Hernandez like no tomorrow. He has the ability to make safeties and CBs back off which them leave gronk open for 10...love this

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST