PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [mer

Me too, also excited to see what he can do in Denver. If McDaniels get creative, we might start seeing some really good things from him. Not a fan of our RB depth right now, though.
Yeah losing Maroney means this team will struggle to win 6 games this year...big loss :rolleyes:....about as big of a loss as when my acne went away into my late teens :rolleyes:

We haven't had this big of a loss since Duane Starks was released

Last edited:
Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver for 2011 4th - Broncos get 2011 6 [mer

So I guess we'll be looking for a running back of the future in the next draft or two. Mark Ingram, DeMarco Murray? OK, I'll stop.

How about 2 RBs in rounds 3 and below? Leave the top picks to DE, OL, OLB pleeeeeease!

Smiley-Praying.gif

It looks like the Oakland's pick is already reserved for Mark Ingram.

I don't get it, he might not being a first round quality but he was decent but he is young. Now Taylor and Morris are the most like to have a few games off due injury we will only have BJGE, and we have no half back.

I'd take Maroney over any of our backs not named Taylor or Faulk, and both those guys are old, so obviously I don't like the trade. Maroney runs hard and has some pop.

If you ask me, his fumbles at the goalline did him in. Some coaches can never forgive that, and I can understand.

Adios sLoMo. Won't miss ya one bit. hummm, where are those threads about BJGE being cut and sLoMo being the undisputed starter?

Last edited:

They'll trade the 2011 4th for a 2012 3rd, then a 2013 2nd, then a 2014 1st.

Then they'll draft Brady's successor with that pick.

It looks like the Oakland's pick is already reserved for Mark Ingram.

The team's first pick needs to be used on a DE.

How about 2 RBs in rounds 3 and below? Leave the top picks to DE, OL, OLB pleeeeeease!

Smiley-Praying.gif

How about they just go out and get a proven RB in free agency or trade for one in the off-season like with Dillon? Seems like a safer option.

Yeah losing Maroney means this team will struggle to win 6 games this year...big loss :rolleyes:....about as big of a loss as when my acne went away into my late teens :rolleyes:

We haven't had this big of a loss since Duane Starks was released

This is why I'm a Maroney defender. Not because I agree so much with the people who love him, but because I am so disgusted by the exaggerations of the people who bash him.

Duane Starks leaving was addition by subtraction. He brought zero value. Maroney was quality depth. Shouldn't be starting with Taylor here, but he was huge against the Chargers in 2007 and if Taylor and Morris go down, I'd rather have him than BJGE.

But why am I bothering? You'll just read this as me thinking Maroney is all-pro, because apparently "middle-ground" is a blasphemy for some people on this board.

Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver [merged]

Maybe a fresh start is just what he needs to get his career on track. I always thought he did a good job based on what the line was giving him and thought he could have used more off-tackle runs (rather than between tackles).

in the end he was too injury prone to be counted on as a feature back. Wishing him the best in Denver (except when he plays the Patriots) :)

any news who we sign to our 53 to replace him?

I'm going to speculate based on the news from the past few days.

Mankins is ready to come in.:)

Lomo is going, so there is money left to pay Moss, this year and into the future, now that Randy has made it eminently clear he wants to stay until he retires. Randy has gone out of his way to indicate he wants to stay with Brady & Belichick, and go into the HOF as a Patriot, and will take a little less to do so.:cool:

Otherwise there simply is no reason to do it now.:rocker:

I expected that Lomo would be resigned for smaller money next year as depth, when Freed Taylor and Sammy Smith retired. Now they will just draft an extra RB, on top of the one they planned on taking, anyway.

Re: Schefter: Patriots trade Maroney to Denver [merged]

maroney was a head case with some questionable off field incidents that never made the press...he had to go.

Two words - Peter Puffer..... just sayin'

Ask Reiss about a certain rest area - state police incident involving a pats player a few years back.

Wait... Im confused here.

Are you saying that he got busted sucking a **** at a rest stop? :confused:

Brady mentioned on D&C, when talking about how the accident felt compared to some hits on the field, that he thinks he still feels a hit Ray LEwis laid on him in the playoffs last year. I'm thinking he means the play where LoMo whiffed on the block. That plus fumbles gets you into both Brady's and BB's doghouse.

The team's first pick needs to be used on a DE.

If they like Ron Brace, I'm not sure if that's a real necessity when you've got Brace-Wilfork-Warren. Of course, it depends on who's available.

I will say I don't want to see an RB taken that high... too much boom or bust potential for my taste.

.. because apparently "middle-ground" is a blasphemy for some people on this board.

The rest of us, IMO, are the relatively-silent-majority. Hang in there.

If they like Ron Brace, I'm not sure if that's a real necessity when you've got Brace-Wilfork-Warren. Of course, it depends on who's available.

I will say I don't want to see an RB taken that high... too much boom or bust potential for my taste.

I think Belichick has shown that he prefers big backs who hit the hole hard, this fits Ingram perfectly.

I think this year has shown that depth on the DL isn't a bad idea if there's a guy there you like. That and it would give us some options if Warren doesn't come back the same guy.

Then: pleasantly surprised and excited to see what we suckered out of some team.

Now: we only got a 4th? What happens when Fred and Sammy go down? Is lawfirm really better than Maroney?

Warren's going to be 30 next year, and he'll be coming back from hip surgery. I know that I pound on wanting to keep the D-line in a 3-4 stocked, but I do it because I think it's the key to that type of defense unless you've got LT/Andre Tippett roaming among the linebackers. I want them to go DE/OL/OLB with the first 3 picks, preferably in that order, although I could certainly get comfortable with taking an OLB before the guard.

I think this year has shown that depth on the DL isn't a bad idea if there's a guy there you like. That and it would give us some options if Warren doesn't come back the same guy.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't be against it, but I don't see it as a necessity with the first pick. I guess I'd probably go BPA... though we're a bit far out to be making roster evaluations heading into next year's draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore