PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Garoppolo is "making progress" but the team is still unsure who will start Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The latest from Schefter:

Even the New England Patriots are uncertain who will be starting at quarterback next Sunday vs. the Buffalo Bills. But as they return to work today after Thursday night's startling shutout win over the Texans, the Patriots are hopeful and confident that they will have at least one, and possibly two of their quarterbacks available for their last game until Tom Brady's suspension is over, according to team sources. The Patriots want to see how Jimmy Garappolo is faring with his sprained AC joint, but they felt he

Even the New England Patriots are uncertain who will be starting at quarterback next Sunday vs. the Buffalo Bills. But as they return to work today after Thursday night's startling shutout win over the Texans, the Patriots are hopeful and confident that they will have at least one, and possibly two of their quarterbacks available for their last game until Tom Brady's suspension is over, according to team sources. The Patriots want to see how Jimmy Garappolo is faring with his sprained AC joint, but they felt he "definitely is making progress" over the weekend. They also want to see how Jacoby Brissett responds to his thumb injury, but because he injured it in the third quarter and was able to play the rest of the game, the Patriots think there's a realistic chance Brissett will be available next Sunday as well. But as one Patriots source described it, there's a decent chance they'll have at least one of those quarterbacks available next Sunday, a chance that both will be ready next Sunday, and a much lesser chance that neither quarterback will be ready for next Sunday. Should that happen, the Patriots would have to sign a quarterback by Monday to begin preparing and T.J. Yates, who visited New England last week, would figure to be an ideal candidate. But if the Patriots don't make a move at quarterback by Monday, they will be expecting at least one of their quarterbacks to be ready for the Bills.

The drama continues....I feel the Patriots will try to draw this out as long as they can, if only to keep the Bills guessing.

Agreed they will draw it out as much as possible, but how can anyone know anything at this point? Haven't the Pats been off since Thursday night?

That's a reasonable and believable account -- though I would think that signing a QB to the practice squad immediately and making a later decision about the 53 would make the most sense.

This will play out all week. A lot of times this type of thing makes no difference but the Brissett offense had some legitimately different stuff for the defense to deal with so there's no reason to declare anything early.

Belichick messing with Rex's head.

Yea Rex be like "Wiki leaks needs to release the Pats internal emails, too many secrets in NE."

Rex: "I gots to know."

2016-09-25-12-41-10--446604600.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-09-25-12-41-10--446604600.jpg
    2016-09-25-12-41-10--446604600.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 13
It will play out incessantly all week and the idiots in the media will "question" garapolos "toughness". Then we'll see the inevitable "his agent's telling him not to play" storyline and the "Patriots are forcing him to play" stuff too...

In other words - "no one knows anything for sure but we will continue to say the same thing in many ways".

The latest from Schefter:

Even the New England Patriots are uncertain who will be starting at quarterback next Sunday vs. the Buffalo Bills. But as they return to work today after Thursday night's startling shutout win over the Texans, the Patriots are hopeful and confident that they will have at least one, and possibly two of their quarterbacks available for their last game until Tom Brady's suspension is over, according to team sources. The Patriots want to see how Jimmy Garappolo is faring with his sprained AC joint, but they felt he

Even the New England Patriots are uncertain who will be starting at quarterback next Sunday vs. the Buffalo Bills. But as they return to work today after Thursday night's startling shutout win over the Texans, the Patriots are hopeful and confident that they will have at least one, and possibly two of their quarterbacks available for their last game until Tom Brady's suspension is over, according to team sources. The Patriots want to see how Jimmy Garappolo is faring with his sprained AC joint, but they felt he "definitely is making progress" over the weekend. They also want to see how Jacoby Brissett responds to his thumb injury, but because he injured it in the third quarter and was able to play the rest of the game, the Patriots think there's a realistic chance Brissett will be available next Sunday as well. But as one Patriots source described it, there's a decent chance they'll have at least one of those quarterbacks available next Sunday, a chance that both will be ready next Sunday, and a much lesser chance that neither quarterback will be ready for next Sunday. Should that happen, the Patriots would have to sign a quarterback by Monday to begin preparing and T.J. Yates, who visited New England last week, would figure to be an ideal candidate. But if the Patriots don't make a move at quarterback by Monday, they will be expecting at least one of their quarterbacks to be ready for the Bills.

The drama continues....I feel the Patriots will try to draw this out as long as they can, if only to keep the Bills guessing.

This is disinformation and Schefter knows it. I had a chuckle reading what he wrote. Anyone notice there's a Belichickan tone to his writing? Parroting BB a little bit here.

Agreed they will draw it out as much as possible, but how can anyone know anything at this point? Haven't the Pats been off since Thursday night?
EXC
Exactly PD, why in the world would BB be ANYTHING but vague this entire week, regardless of the actual condition of his QB's. Having the Bills try and prepare for the offense Josh will come up with for JG, AND a completely different one for JB will be a much tougher job than if they knew who the QB will be.

So while the media will make this the big "story line" ALL week. Unfortunately we are are the ones that will have to put up with the nonsense. As to who is going to be the QB, I doubt we will have a clue until the Friday injury report comes out....or BB signs TJ Yates. ;)

The best information we will get is whether or not they sign a qb. If not, then JAG or JB (or both) probable.

58352229.jpg

Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?

One of those mis-quoted lines in the movies.... ;)

Callahan: I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

[Thief surrenders]
Thief: Hey....I gots to know!
[Callahan pulls the trigger, but the gun just clicks on an empty chamber and he grins. Camera cuts to the thief mouthing "Son of a *****!"]

My brother bought one of those 44 magnums when that movie was out.....Awesome weapon....

Schefter doesn't know squat, nobody does when it comes to the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News