PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's Meadowland breakdown (front row end zone seats!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to post this but I think you guys will enjoy the tale of the tape.

Our seats were excellent we were first row in the end zone (the one Gronk scored in, scored again in, and had the play reversed in). Ton of great action in front of us.

Our seats at Gillette are sideline and IMO are better but not first row and I pefer sidelines but really have enjoyed the few times I have sat endzone as it provides a different look at the game. As far as seeing holes open up and just seeing the field from that angel really changes your prespective on distance.

Anyways to the game itself. We got there nice and earlier and were in our seats to watch a few guys stretching even before pregame warm ups. Gerrard Warren was right in front of us practicing getting in and out of his stance and was really giving the pad on the field goal posts a beating.

They warmed up on our side which was fun. Unfortuanately the home crowd was heckling them so much I dont think they could real tell the difference between their yelling at them and my cheering for them.

Front office Guys and ownership walked by and we gave them props. First was Jonathon and we gave him a cheer and he ackknowledged us. We just missed Robert on his way to the patriot sideline who was hanging out with Bon Jovi. I gave a yell to Ivan Fears as he came on the field (most coaches headed right out and didnt come past us. Countless trainers and other sideline staff passed and we gave them some props too. Stacey James walked past and I think he got a kick out of my giving him some props (no idea if he remembered me. He interviewed me as a finalist for internship 4-5 years ago which I just missed out on).

But my favorite was after the anthem and everything Robert passed us on his way up stairs and I leaned over and told him how great of an owner he was and how much we appreciated him and he paused and listened and said thanks and go pats and continued on. I have seen him fairly close before but this was my first chance to actually say something directly to him.

The game was obviously awesome and I wont re-hash everything but I do want to speak about one play in particular. The play where Gronk scored the TD but then it was overturned was pretty cool despite being overturned as there was so much going on and it was all right in front of us.

Play starts and I was following Branch as he ran his route and then I see him get mugged so I start screaming throw the flag as I do the back judge who wasnt much more than 5 yards away if that reached for his flag and threw it. Brady continued to scramble and I looked a little to the right and noticed Gronk had stepped out and as I did the pass came flying in and Gronk got low and made a nice scoop though his enormous body blocked my view of the football and I couldnt tell if it had hit the ground or not. Refs ruled touchdown and we began celebrating (Gronk really puts some force into those spikes). Then onto the Penalty which they picked up citing Brady was out of the pocket (BS but we at the time didnt care or know it would matter). Celebration settled slightly and I mentioned to my father and brother that I saw him step out and that we got away with one. Then came the call for review I assumed they were reviewing wether he caught or if it hit the ground replay quickly showed it did not hit the ground and I thought we were all set as I did not think penalties could be assesed on review. Then they came out and assesed the penalty and while it confused the hell out of us I knew it was the right call so what could I really say. I did mention that I thought it must be a black and white type thing like 12 men in the huddle but still was not sure if this was correctly assesed or not. Glad it did not make a difference it was such a cool moment that would have obviously sucked had we lost.

We hung out until the very end to give props to the players as they exited. At first no one was really hearing me as they exited but the last three or so players seemed to notice and gave me a head nod and Branch perked up with a similar head nod but also his patented ear to ear smile. Branch's return to this team combined with his contributions in 03 and 04 and he is definitely one of my all time favorites and IMO one of the top 5 WR of this franchises history.

Oh one last thing. We were on TV. just before half my phone started blowing up as a friend had posted a pic of his TV with us on it on his facebook account. I am the big guy standing in the blue/grey hoodie and my father (FGSAND) is to my left and my brother and his good friend are the next two on my left.

Edit: hahaha that is funny this is a picture taken of the TV when we were on it and it looked much better when it was smaller on my phone and it is funny how you can see all the pixels when its blown up.

Attachments

• S95959071.jpg
    S95959071.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
How was the crowd? Lots of profanities? Last time i went down there the pats lost..how was it when the pats won? Put their tails between their legs and sob away?

How was the crowd? Lots of profanities? Last time i went down there the pats lost..how was it when the pats won? Put their tails between their legs and sob away?
I had posted this in another thread but it answers your question so I copied it here.

I think everyone should take a trip to the Meadowlands for a game. It is a great experience, I am currently 5-0 at the Meadowlands 4 Jets games and one Giants game. Jets games in 05,06,07 and 11 and Giants game in 07.

I know what you guys are thinking what could make for a great experience in New Jersey?

Well that my friends is simple. You get a lead and the New Jersey faithful start turning on their own team and it is one of the most humorous things you will see. Usually on the road I just quietly cheer my own team and try not to be obnoxious but in this case I just join in and boo the Jets right along with the Jets fans its hilariously fun. We had one guy behind us who was yelling to Rex to fire someone, anyone, and especially Schoty.

And yes the profanity is pretty intense Fbombs like crazy.

Last edited:
I should also mention that it is one amazing stadium they have.

I had posted this in another thread but it answers your question so I copied it here.

I think everyone should take a trip to the Meadowlands for a game. It is a great experience, I am currently 5-0 at the Meadowlands 4 Jets games and one Giants game. Jets games in 05,06,07 and 11 and Giants game in 07.

I know what you guys are thinking what could make for a great experience in New Jersey?

Well that my friends is simple. You get a lead and the New Jersey faithful start turning on their own team and it is one of the most humorous things you will see. Usually on the road I just quietly cheer my own team and try not to be obnoxious but in this case I just join in and boo the Jets right along with the Jets fans its hilariously fun. We had one guy behind us who was yelling to Rex to fire someone, anyone, and especially Schoty.

Love doing this when the Sox play the Orioles!

Play starts and I was following Branch as he ran his route and then I see him get mugged so I start screaming throw the flag as I do the back judge who wasnt much more than 5 yards away if that reached for his flag and threw it. Brady continued to scramble and I looked a little to the right and noticed Gronk had stepped out and as I did the pass came flying in and Gronk got low and made a nice scoop though his enormous body blocked my view of the football and I couldnt tell if it had hit the ground or not. Refs ruled touchdown and we began celebrating (Gronk really puts some force into those spikes). Then onto the Penalty which they picked up citing Brady was out of the pocket (BS but we at the time didnt care or know it would matter). Celebration settled slightly and I mentioned to my father and brother that I saw him step out and that we got away with one. Then came the call for review I assumed they were reviewing wether he caught or if it hit the ground replay quickly showed it did not hit the ground and I thought we were all set as I did not think penalties could be assesed on review. Then they came out and assesed the penalty and while it confused the hell out of us I knew it was the right call so what could I really say. I did mention that I thought it must be a black and white type thing like 12 men in the huddle but still was not sure if this was correctly assesed or not. Glad it did not make a difference it was such a cool moment that would have obviously sucked had we lost.

GREAT stuff, SBB!

BTW, it was NOT the right call on the Gronkowki TD nullification.

He was CLEARLY pushed out of bounds by either Smith or Leonard. It could not be clearer.

GREAT stuff, SBB!

He was CLEARLY pushed out of bounds by either Smith or Leonard. It could not be clearer.

If he was pushed out of bounds he can not be the first person to touch the ball. It was the correct call.

Cool write up signbabybrady. Thanks for sharing.

If he was pushed out of bounds he can not be the first person to touch the ball. It was the correct call.

If he were pushed out then that's illegal contact past 5 yards.

Despite the overwhelming pixelation, I feel like I was right there with you, bro. :cool:

Last edited:
I should also mention that it is one amazing stadium they have.

My brother was at the game (his 2nd there) and echoed the same thing. Great game to bet at, huh?

Last edited:
GREAT stuff, SBB!

They said you can hit a receiver when the QB is out of the pocket. As one poster said, lets do this to the Steelers every time Rapistburger rolls out after telling the refs before hand we are going to do and we better not see any flags for it

You explained my game i went to exactly..but they lost that one i went to..but everything else in this is right down to the T

I really wasn't a fan of the stadium..not sure why..maybe because it stinks like jets

Last edited:

It's called pass interference.

It was before Brady had left the pocket and before Branch was thrown down.

It's called pass interference.

It was before Brady had left the pocket and before Branch was thrown down.

Sounds like illegal contact if the ball wasn't in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick