PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Santonio Holmes Pulls Hammy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted but, this is just getting to be hysterical.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

SANTURDIO PULLS A HAMMY

A league source tells us that Steelers receiver Santurdio (known elsewhere as Santonio Holmes) has pulled a hamstring. As the source remarked, "He apparently wasn't running fast enough from his police or his significant other."

The source characterized the injury as something that "should be the last straw, but won't be" for the troubled rookie, who has been arrested twice in the past four weeks. Most recently, 22-year-old Santurdio was busted for allegedly busting up the mother of one of his three children.

As we've recently reported, there was a difference of opinion in the front office as to whether Holmes should be selected with the 25th overall pick in the draft. We've also heard that Santurdio is on "thin ice" with the Steelers, who (we're told) were warned about him prior to the draft.

But Santurdio still has the favor of folks in high places with the club (i.e., Coach Chin), and there won't be (for now) an effort to cut ties with Holmes or to make him a low-ball offer that he'd be likely to refuse, forcing him to sit out the entire season and re-enter the draft.

Look for his agent, Joel Segal, to wait until the guys in front of him and behind him in round one have been signed -- and then to argue that Santurdio should get something right in the middle. But if Santurdio screws up again between now and then, he might have to take a one-year, $275,000 deal or otherwise not play at all this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a moron. This guy was goinig to get life changing money and still decides to act like an animal. Couldn't he just wait a year?

glad we didn't draft this moron.
steelers offseason is pretty horrendous if you ask me.

I don't care what this guy does on the football field, he simply sucks at life.

On the draft forum I started a thread called "head cases".

This was fro draft prospects whose "measurables" and highlight tapes made them look like good picks. However according to PFW draft guide they other had issues.

The comments on Holmes was he was like Terry Glenn physically and mentally. They aslo said that the team that drafts him better make sure what they were getting before giving him first round money.

I think that they understated it in his case. But, he's probably the type of guy that will have a good rookie year, then have the $ and won't be a factor after that.

I'm really surprised that the Steelers went up to get him.

Was it HIS Hammy ? Or did he pull someone else's ?

It seems like only last month -- wait, it was only last month -- that a Steelers troll stopped by to explain that the Steelers took Holmes over Jackson because of his superior character:

Troll07 said:
S. Holmes - I'm happy to be a part of the orginization...looking forward to playing with great players such as Ben, Hines, Alan, Troy...

C. Jackson - Well i'm not happy about slipping into the second round, but i'll still get paid well...

Its all about character...the Steelers pride themselves on picking good character people...add to that the abilities that S. Holmes brings...easy choice...

Ahh, memories...

That article didn't make it 100% clear that this hamstring pull really happened. But if it did, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:singing:

i think were goign too hard on him..wasnt he innocent or something on the last run in with law about domestic violence i believe. he pulled a hammy..he'll recover..gl to him in camp..gl during season.

re

How lucky did we turn out?

We got the best receiver in the draft, and in the SECOND ROUND to boot!
Most media reports have talked about Jackson's amazing hands and unique maturity and knowledge of the position, while Holmes has done nothing but get in trouble with the law and get injured.

This reminds me a little of 2000, when all these teams picked QB's but we snagged a fiery kid named Brady in the 6th round. I am becoming more convinced that we seriously lucked out with the Jackson pick.

Also, I mentioned it before, but I have to keep re-iterating it until I am proven wrong. Montana didn't get Rice until his 7th season. In Brady's 7th season, we draft Jackson. Anyone see any parallels?

Some more:
Montana-Young, Brady-Cassel
Craig (Montana's 5th season), Maroney (Brady's 7th season)

OK I'll stop. Is it obvious that I was a huge fan of the 49ers back in the day?

Remix 6 said:
i think were goign too hard on him..wasnt he innocent or something on the last run in with law about domestic violence i believe. he pulled a hammy..he'll recover..gl to him in camp..gl during season.

TROLL! ;)

I have to agree though. It's impossible to say who will be the better reciever of the 06 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST