PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Same Old Rex...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that Rex Ryan is going to talk smack regardless the state of his franchise. Last time I checked, the Jets were losers for the 2010 season. Just like the Patriots and the other 29 teams. The Super Bowl is the only goal. Maybe for the Jets, a victory over the Patriots in the divisional round signifies something of import. But the truth is, the win only guarantees a spot to play one game. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The Jets have a 3-2 record over the Patriots during the Rex Ryan 'era'. Doubtless, one of those victories was in the post-season. However, five games is too small a sample size to say with any certainty which team has had a decisive upper hand hitherto, IMHO.

Last edited:
Please. Yes, on the scoreboard they won by one TD, but anyone who watched it knows it was not nearly that close. It was a no contest the second we missed the first onsides kick recovery, and it was getting out of hand after the first 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter.
Did you watch the game?

think ur missing the point... the guy never said they won anything.

And when ur asking what they won... i am pretty sure he layed it out for you they won 4 out of 6 playoff games when we went 0-2 and they are beating us 3-2 under rex. I hate the jets about as much as anyone on this forum but if ur going to put ur head in the sand and ignore the record then thats just stupid because i know if their record was 0-2 and ours was 4-2 and we beat them 3-2 every single person on this board would be bringing that up to every jets fan we saw

Actually, I think UR, and several others are missing the point of what this thread was originally about. It was about Rex shooting his big fat mouth off again about winning the SB.

Then some came on and said that we Patriots fans must hush up about Rex because his team won a playoff game against the Patriots. To that I say a big heaping helping of BS. He and his Jets have won nothing.

Check out the record books and see if he has won any championships, any at all. So until this big bag of wind wins what he has said he will win and hasn't, I'll mock him and rightfully throw his not winning anything right back.

Fini.

Last edited:
For the past two plus years, the Pats have been retooling the team on the fly and working the cap versus the Jets levering up and going as hard as they possibly could and destroying their cap flexibility. Still, the Jets didn't win. I mean, who expected 14-2 out of the Pats this year? Yet, all the media does if fawn over this doofus Ryan without actually putting his success in perspective. The Jets were supposed to win it all - better team yada yada - and they failed to do so. Certainly, they were better, as they should have been. Let's see if they can keep that team together in a way that keeps them competitive for many years - that is success. I have my doubts.

UES
Well said, UES. And I agree the fawning is unbearable (and the whole foot/toe/gangbang/perversion thing...well, it's a little hard to get past, don't you think? Really? Yikes. -- And what's with her foot touching his in this photo? Do these people have no shame?), but I think it's becoming more and more balanced with just as many in the media questioning his "success" and his obnoxious methods..

amd_rex_ryan_wife.jpg

For the last two years, Rex and his team went to the AFC championship. And this year, they talked smack, ridiculed our QB in public, and beat us @ home even though we had an extra week to prepare. Period.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and mock Ryan and dismiss him. But it's baffling to see the arrogant and immature way some fans dismiss the angry Pats fans as fans wanting to get into the Jets bandwagon.

Some of us have a spine and are pissed off with how our team laid an egg in the playoffs. And that too for a second consecutive year, coming off a great regular season record with the #1 seed and no players on IR.

For some to mock those angry fans and deride the Jesters that they won because they were 'lucky' makes them sound like a loser who always comes up with excuses to claim why the 'better' team didn't win that day. Guess they don't realize that they sound exactly like the pathetic Steelers and Chargers fans who refuse to accept reality when they lose.

I for one will remain angry and pissed off until we demolish the Jets convincingly and blow them out of the field in every friggin game we play, especially the playoffs, irrespective of how 'lucky' they get and how many calls go for them.:mad:

Does that fat clown go anywhere now without wearing that stupid white mock turtleneck shirt? Must be the only thing that fits him. And how did his wife suddenly get so homely? Ugh ... :confused:

Does that fat clown go anywhere now without wearing that stupid white mock turtleneck shirt? Must be the only thing that fits him. And how did his wife suddenly get so homely? Ugh ... :confused:

They're not making a fetish video, so she didn't get all dolled up.

And that goober in a Knicks jersey is a slap in the face to Knicks fans everywhere. God, you can go out in NY without needing some team jersey from there...this, the Munson Yankees jersey; I am sure there is a picture of him somewhere also in Mets/Rangers/Islanders/Liberty/Red Bulls/NY NJ Hitmen clothing. Just stop kissing their asses, Rex. They like you and your stupid bluster, go with it and stop being so damn insecure.

Plenty of Patriots go to other local teams games. But they're not all running around with Greg Kite or Al Nipper jerseys on, sucking up to every fan in the area they can.

Some of us have a spine and are pissed off with how our team laid an egg in the playoffs. And that too for a second consecutive year, coming off a great regular season record with the #1 seed and no players on IR.

Bodden, Ty Warren and Gostowski.

Faulk and Kazcur sort of evened out.

Well said, UES. And I agree the fawning is unbearable (and the whole foot/toe/gangbang/perversion thing...well, it's a little hard to get past, don't you think? Really? Yikes. -- And what's with her foot touching his in this photo? Do these people have no shame?), but I think it's becoming more and more balanced with just as many in the media questioning his "success" and his obnoxious methods..

amd_rex_ryan_wife.jpg

i know. she definitely looks kinky. i think she's into leather. where does she keep the whip and cuffs, in her purse ?

For the last two years, Rex and his team went to the AFC championship. And this year, they talked smack, ridiculed our QB in public, and beat us @ home even though we had an extra week to prepare. Period.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and mock Ryan and dismiss him. But it's baffling to see the arrogant and immature way some fans dismiss the angry Pats fans as fans wanting to get into the Jets bandwagon.

For some to mock those angry fans and deride the Jesters that they won because they were 'lucky' makes them sound like a loser who always comes up with excuses to claim why the 'better' team didn't win that day. Guess they don't realize that they sound exactly like the pathetic Steelers and Chargers fans who refuse to accept reality when they lose.

I for one will remain angry and pissed off until we demolish the Jets convincingly and blow them out of the field in every friggin game we play, especially the playoffs, irrespective of how 'lucky' they get and how many calls go for them.:mad:
"...no players on IR."? How about Barrett, Bodden, Bussey, Faulk, Gostkowski, Kaczur, Lockett, McGowan, Neal, Richard, Warren, Weston, Wilhite and Wright? Did I miss anyone?

But that wild card team didnt go to the big game.
All the Jets 'earned' was one extra game to lose.
If you seriously are telling me you measure credibility and embarrassment by which round you are knocked out in without winning a championship, you should step back and reconsider your opinion.

The jets earned the right to play in the afccg. What they did after that doesn't change what they did to our season. I'm with you, championships are the ultimate goal for any fan and hopefully for any player/coach.

I'll start with credibility than. Rex Ryan now has credibility when he runs his mouth about not being better than BB, but being able to outcoach him. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, that's what winning head to head playoff games do for you. Embarrassment, I measured embarrassment the way every pats fan measured it after that game. The jets talked sh*t all week and I was embarrassed that we didn't even match their intensity on the field.

If you live in the new England area you have other pats fans at your jobs, your place of worship, school etc. Patsfansince74, or anyone else living in a NY market can prob tell your more about embarrassment than I can. I just deal with the spygate crap more living around eagles and steelers fans. But atleast I didn't have to listen to jets fans after that loss.

They're not making a fetish video, so she didn't get all dolled up.

And that goober in a Knicks jersey is a slap in the face to Knicks fans everywhere. God, you can go out in NY without needing some team jersey from there...this, the Munson Yankees jersey; I am sure there is a picture of him somewhere also in Mets/Rangers/Islanders/Liberty/Red Bulls/NY NJ Hitmen clothing. Just stop kissing their asses, Rex. They like you and your stupid bluster, go with it and stop being so damn insecure.

Plenty of Patriots go to other local teams games. But they're not all running around with Greg Kite or Al Nipper jerseys on, sucking up to every fan in the area they can.

As long as the Green Beans have ample PSLs to sell, Wrecks will keep his carnival barker routine on high volume. "Notice me! Look at me! Look at us! We're great!"

I don't think the Jets 3-2 record over the Patriots proves anything, frankly. It doesn't do anything for me. It's as meaningless as losses to Denver, etc. I just think people put too much emphasis on them.

Proves something? That's irrelevant. As a Pats fan losing to the Jets in the playoffs has to have more meaning than losing to Denver. This isn't accounting, it's football. We follow the game out of passion - you can't dispassionately lose to the Jets after going 14-2, securing home field advantage throughout the playoffs while going one & done & losing to the foot (long?) loving fatty. That does plenty for me, like keeping me mostly away from the game until training camp (and ruining this years off season w/ draft, news of continued rebuilding....).

Well the major difference between then and now would be SB wins obviously. The dolphins never actually won any significant games during those years you mentioned. The jets just ended our 14-2 Reg season @ Gillette in which Brady won MVP.

Seeing as how indy won the SB that year... yea that kinda did give them bragging rights.

Thanks for stating the obvious

But that wild card team didnt go to the big game.
All the Jets 'earned' was one extra game to lose.
If you seriously are telling me you measure credibility and embarrassment by which round you are knocked out in without winning a championship, you should step back and reconsider your opinion.

Why are some of you getting satisfaction over the Jets losing AFTER they knocked us out of the playoffs? After they ended our 14-2, home field throughout, one & done season? Let Pittsburgh talk if they want - we need to shut the F up about the Jets for now.

Last edited:
You comment is completely wrong. From 2005-2007 pretty much what you described actually happened. Patriot fans were not bragging about getting closer than the Jets, they were lamenting not winning the SB.

Only because the Pats had won 3 superbowls. The Jets' fans, for now, are more than content w/ what Ryan has done. And we need to shut up because they have had more success than us (albeit marginally so) since he has arrived. And losing as the 14-2, #1 seed - to the fu--ing Ryan ("it's personal") led JESTS was nothing short of horrifying.

You've nailed it....

.:mad:

I'm with ya man. This team needs to make some tweaks to become a better playoff team. Love BGGE but would love to see the Pats draft a physical, bone crushing back like Corey Dillon. Someone to just punish linebackers and d-backs.

Last edited:
All hail Rex! He was masterful in beating the Patriots in the playoffs. The way he made TFB throw that ball in traffic instead of throwing it away, the way he made Alge drop that TD pass, the way he made Chung muff the snap was just masterful.

He's brought the Jets up from being a bridesmaid to 2nd maid of honor, 2 years in a row.

All he says must not mocked, because he is The Rex, ruler of NJ and all lands north. And we Patriots fans must wallow in the defeat he laid on us, we must pout about it all off season. For he is The Rex, and all he says must be accepted in silence by us inferior Patriots fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference