PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints and Colts games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzo will be back by then. I think they said he starts practice next week. he feels up for it.

btw, wayne is not banged up. he had a light injury last week, but polian said he'll be fine for THIS sunday. he will be 100% for the pats game.

anyway, should be a good game. although I believe the colts will win it ;)

we have to :) lol

what im more nervous about is getting Brown back.. hes out 2-4 weeks... we got 3 weeks for this game, and we really need him. I think he is more of an "x-factor" than Gonzo.

..the Colts have a 36-6 record at home since 2004. So, im not worried :) IF it were back to NE.. maybe...

Last edited:
This is going to be the toughest game for the Saints all year. I will definitely be there.

those are both gonna be great games...

belichick always says that he doesn't know what he has in a team until around week six or seven...

this year, given an early season focused on tommy's return and on a revamped D getting its act together (very successfully, i might add), I think we really won't know what this team is about until they walk off the field in the Dome after four weeks of playing the fins (who always give us fits), @ the colts, the jests and @ the saints.

I think Bodden and Butler are going to be the matchup we want to see against the arm of Peyton,Bodden will probably cover Wayne and Butler could be assigned Garcon

Meriweather will be interesting to watch in keeping Clark in check

That's what I was talking about. If I had Garcon or Wayne on my fantasy team, I wouldn't start them that week. Manning most likely his going to hold back on his more vertical throws and try to pick us apart underneath, like he has since 2006. He knows the best way to beat us, and it isn't by going deep against our defense. Meriweather or McGowan vs. Dallas Clark would be the match-up to keep an eye on.

i guess to pass the week by, we may as well get technical....

the colts have two weapons, wayne (whos banged up) and clark.....
if mcgowan can take care of dallas 1-on-1 (maybe even a corner, whomever) it will really help this defese, that way u put bodden on wayne, and have safety help

play all the other wr's 1-on-1 like the scrubs they are....none of them should scare us, and i believe ANY of our cb's can handle them w/o help

that leaves their running game....and i believe we can stop that, and at the same time get moderate pressure

we would be BY FAR the best the colts would have played all season, i take us w/ a surpsise factor....the colts have been skating along very nicely so far, what if they finally find opposition? i dont think theyll be able to handle it
the trick though is to stop their running game

SAINTS:

as another person has mentioned, we havnt lost to an NFC team in the reg season since either 05, or 02......those teams are not familiar with us, and usually lose when facing us, ill take those odds

their offense will be more difficult to stop than the colts, but we can easily stop their running game......jeremy isnt as good as dallas, i think mcgowan will be able to handle him, do to colston what u would do to wayne, but be wary b/c the rest of the NO WR's are actually good as well

Sounds like what I read on here all offseason... Colts don't have the talent, Colts are going down, Colts will lose these games, etc. :rolleyes:

And the Saints don't have the greatest WR corps ever either. And the Colts could have Gonzo back by then, and Collie isn't that bad, and Garcon could be competent if he gets more consistent.

what im more nervous about is getting Brown back.. hes out 2-4 weeks... we got 3 weeks for this game, and we really need him. I think he is more of an "x-factor" than Gonzo.

..the Colts have a 36-6 record at home since 2004. So, im not worried :) IF it were back to NE.. maybe...

Yeah, Addai would probably have about 10 carries for 25 yards against NE. And we'd have to abandon the run.

For all the talk about Maroney on here, I think he's a better runner than Addai. Addai has just been terrible the last two weeks.

Donald Brown though, that guy can play. He should be back by then. Heck, he could be back for the Houston game.

It's kind of wierd though that noone on here talks about the Colts defense against the Pats' offense. Freeney and Mathis will be all over Brady, just like they always are, and against every team.

This is going to be the toughest game for the Saints all year. I will definitely be there.

I think in ATL will be their toughest game. Brees is a much better QB at home, than on the road.

Yeah, Addai would probably have about 10 carries for 25 yards against NE. And we'd have to abandon the run.

For all the talk about Maroney on here, I think he's a better runner than Addai. Addai has just been terrible the last two weeks.

Donald Brown though, that guy can play. He should be back by then. Heck, he could be back for the Houston game.

It's kind of wierd though that noone on here talks about the Colts defense against the Pats' offense. Freeney and Mathis will be all over Brady, just like they always are, and against every team.

Interesting to hear an outsiders POV on Maroney. You feel he is better then Addai?

Interesting to hear an outsiders POV on Maroney. You feel he is better then Addai?

i'd take Maroney over Addai.. atleast when Maroney finds a hole, he hits it.. Addai sees the hole.. and runs towards the sideline or jumps around waiting for it to get bigger or sumthin. i dunno.. he doesnt commit enough

Yeah, I can't tell you how bad Addai has been the last two weeks. I rewatched the Titans game, and he left a ton of yards on the field. Just way too much dancing, and missing open holes. The same against St. Louis. There is a reason it takes him 20 carries to get 60 yards against an awful Rams team, but Brown gets that in 2 carries. The guy just trips over his feet out there, and has no burst or vision.

Right now, if you were listing the "weak links" on the Colts, you would list Addai and Mike Pollak at RG.

Addai is a better blocker and receiver than Maroney, but as a pure runner, he's as bad as almost anyone in the league right now IMO. Addai was never a great pure runner at LSU, at least Maroney was then. Addai does block very well and is an above average receiver, those are his values.

lol good to see we have similar views on Addai.

i would dare say that maroney is deadly as a reciever, especially in space....problem is the coaching staff doesnt see our way....

and to whomever started saying all that stuff about "thinking the colts would have lost games by now"

i would have put my money on colts in every single one of their games so far.....i wouldnt bet on the pats-colts game

brown will be back by then :p he even said after sundays game he was fine and he's delt with this before. he won't miss a game as big as this. ;)

assumming nothing goes wrong against the 49ers and houstan, the pats will have to deal with all of our starters. everyone should be back by then. (gonzo, sanders, brown ect.)

what people are forgetting is that brady was out for a year. it's doubtful he will be able to beat us. sure he's been more accurate the last 2 games but.. come on. it's tampa and the titans ffs. :rolleyes:

Sounds like what I read on here all offseason... Colts don't have the talent, Colts are going down, Colts will lose these games, etc. :rolleyes:

And the Saints don't have the greatest WR corps ever either. And the Colts could have Gonzo back by then, and Collie isn't that bad, and Garcon could be competent if he gets more consistent.

We have the greatest respect for the patriots, their fans, and their accomplishments. We have actually wanted this game for 3 years in N.O.
I would not take our receivers lightly, our recievers are deep, we don't have 2 great WR's like the colts for you to worry about, we have 7 good ball catchers, you cant cover everyone. Ill just post some information so people can make up their own minds. We in the big easy are not about hate, we love the game and talking with the other fans, thats what makes it football for us. If you come to the Dome for the game you will be respected down here. I am not meaning to impose just thought the gentlemen who posted might want a look. Thanks for the opportunity to post here guys.
And this should be a great game.

Please post your players, we would like a look.
Why our boys fight
YouTube - The Story of the 2006 New Orleans Saints

YouTube - "Amazing" New orleans saints

YouTube - The New Orleans Saints: Try to stop us.
YouTube - Saints In Transformation
Some info on Brees please post some character videos o thanks
YouTube - Drew Brees
science
YouTube - DrewBrees Sport Science
YouTube - Drew Brees Interview on CBS

I am not responsible for music, hate it ,lol

colston

YouTube - Marques Colston Highlight Reel (High Quality)

moore
YouTube - Lance Moore

Henderson
YouTube - Devery Henderson Highlights

Meachem
YouTube - Robert Meachem Tribute

Bush ( most discount this guy, but hes a closer, most of us love this guy, good kid)
YouTube - Reggie Bush highlights

Pierre Thomas
Video - Best of Pierre Thomas 2008 Highlights

Mike Bell
YouTube - Mike Bell New Orleans Saints highlight

defense
YouTube - New Orleans Saints Defense Highlights 2009
vs jets passing
YouTube - New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez - Every Pass vs New Orleans Saints (10/4/09)

YouTube - New Orleans Saints Defense - Knock em the &*%$ out!

Last edited:
We have the greatest respect for the patriots, their fans, and their accomplishments. We have actually wanted this game for 3 years in N.O.
I would not take our receivers lightly, our recievers are deep, we don't have 2 great WR's like the colts for you to worry about, we have 7 good ball catchers, you cant cover everyone. Ill just post some information so people can make up their own minds. We in the big easy are not about hate, we love the game and talking with the other fans, thats what makes it football for us. If you come to the Dome for the game you will be respected down here. I am not meaning to impose just thought the gentlemen who posted might want a look. Thanks for the opportunity to post here guys.
And this should be a great game.

Please post your players, we would like a look.
Why our boys fight
YouTube - The Story of the 2006 New Orleans Saints

YouTube - "Amazing" New orleans saints

YouTube - The New Orleans Saints: Try to stop us.
YouTube - Saints In Transformation
Some info on Brees please post some character videos o thanks
YouTube - Drew Brees
science
YouTube - DrewBrees Sport Science
YouTube - Drew Brees Interview on CBS

I am not responsible for music, hate it ,lol

colston

YouTube - Marques Colston Highlight Reel (High Quality)

moore
YouTube - Lance Moore

Henderson
YouTube - Devery Henderson Highlights

Meachem
YouTube - Robert Meachem Tribute

Bush ( most discount this guy, but hes a closer, most of us love this guy, good kid)
YouTube - Reggie Bush highlights

Pierre Thomas
Video - Best of Pierre Thomas 2008 Highlights

Mike Bell
YouTube - Mike Bell New Orleans Saints highlight

defense
YouTube - New Orleans Saints Defense Highlights 2009
vs jets passing
YouTube - New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez - Every Pass vs New Orleans Saints (10/4/09)

YouTube - New Orleans Saints Defense - Knock em the &*%$ out!

Did you miss the part where the person you quoted had the screen name "colts fan."

I'd be fine with us losing both these games and winning the next three division games.

i would dare say that maroney is deadly as a reciever, especially in space....problem is the coaching staff doesnt see our way....

interesting comment. any take on the "chemistry" between Brady and Maroney?

I'd be fine with us losing both these games and winning the next three division games.

"Fine with" isn't quite how i would put it, but i take your point. If we win the remaining division games and those are our only losses, we win the division and get a home playoff game.

But, then we'd have lost to all three of the teams who've made the early season noise (Broncos, Colts and Saints) and probably have to play one or both of the Broncos/Colts in their house again. So, absent a 2007 Giants "close strong" scenario, I'm not sure what that would say about how far into the Playoffs we could, under those specific circumstances, reasonably expect they would be able to go.

Last edited:
Didn't even consider the Meriweather vs. Manning match-up. I think that's going to be a good one to watch. Personally, I think we'll take the Colts and the Saints. I'd actually be suprised if we lost to either team. The Saints game just reeks of the build-up to the Chicago game in 2006.

The Saints are a better team than that Bears team, I mean just compare the QBs. I know the Saints lost to the Bears that year in the NFCCG with Brees at QB but the 09 Saints would hang 40 on that 06 Bears team.

I think we can win this game but we're going to have to earn it. One thing I think we have going for us is that we know Gregg Williams pretty well and I'm sure we have a ton of film on him from his days in Buffalo. Hell we hung 52 on his Redskins defense in 07 although that was a home game.

Under my scenario, we go 2-2 for the next four games and then would be 7-4. I would then see us to indeed "closing strong", perhaps winning them all, but at least going 4-1.

I don't think it would be a great disadvantage for the patriots to enter the playoffs 12-4 or 11-5 at home and then to have revenge matchups with the broncos, colts and the saints.

"Fine with" isn't quite how i would put it, but i take your point. If we win the remaining division games and those are our only losses, we win the division and get a home playoff game.

But, then we'd have lost to all three of the teams who've made the early season noise (Broncos, Colts and Saints) and probably have to play one or both of the Broncos/Colts in their house again. So, absent a 2007 Giants "close strong" scenario, I'm not sure what that would say about how far into the Playoffs we could, under those specific circumstances, reasonably expect they would be able to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand