Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saints and Colts games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sivy, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know, one week at a time...bla bla ba..but its the Bye week and threads are few and far between and I need something to get me to through the work day.

I cant wait till these games, everyone seems to think that the patriots are going to lay down to these guys. Yea the colts are good (bad schedule and all) but we got my boy merriweather (the next big saftey in the nfl) waiting to pick of manning.

I'm more excited about the saints game. Yea its in the superdome...but we all know how our boy plays in a dome...Do you really think the patriots would let a 24-3 lead crumble? (dont mention the 2006 afccg, that was a different team) I dont think so. Breeze is good, but Brady is better. I cant wait untill the entire world sees it either.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Re: Saints and colts game

It will be very interesting, McGowan has looked solid against TE but how will he, with help, handle Dallas Clark ? The Colts' "other" (non Wayne and Clark) WR have looked good but how will they do against a better team with a deep secondary. The Colts' questionable OL has been magnificent but, again, it's had an easy go of it so far. I'm not sure what to expect against the Colts, it's hard to believe there's only one (and it's a big division game) between the Patriots-Colts game. I see the Colts will be playing their third straight home game when the play us :rolleyes:
  3. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I cant wait to see how the Pats defense matches up against these two teams. I really think BB is going to pull out some new surprises for these teams. The last couple of seasons it seems BB has had more of a vanilla defense. But now that the Pats have a younger and faster defense, I think he is going to try to pressure the QB more. Hopefully more and different blitz packages.
  4. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ive watched a few saints games this year and it seems like at times Breez is a litle sloppy on this throws, think its becaus he is short, at times I swear I saw him take like a jump shot almost. I can see a few picks in this game for sure. yea they score alot, but guess what, the patriots do too.
  5. Mosi Moose

Mosi Moose Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right now we're ranked 3rd in "Points Allowed" -- I'm really interested to see where we rank after those 2 games.
  6. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

i guess to pass the week by, we may as well get technical....

the colts have two weapons, wayne (whos banged up) and clark.....
    if mcgowan can take care of dallas 1-on-1 (maybe even a corner, whomever) it will really help this defese, that way u put bodden on wayne, and have safety help

play all the other wr's 1-on-1 like the scrubs they are....none of them should scare us, and i believe ANY of our cb's can handle them w/o help

that leaves their running game....and i believe we can stop that, and at the same time get moderate pressure

we would be BY FAR the best the colts would have played all season, i take us w/ a surpsise factor....the colts have been skating along very nicely so far, what if they finally find opposition? i dont think theyll be able to handle it
    the trick though is to stop their running game

SAINTS:

as another person has mentioned, we havnt lost to an NFC team in the reg season since either 05, or 02......those teams are not familiar with us, and usually lose when facing us, ill take those odds

their offense will be more difficult to stop than the colts, but we can easily stop their running game......jeremy isnt as good as dallas, i think mcgowan will be able to handle him, do to colston what u would do to wayne, but be wary b/c the rest of the NO WR's are actually good as well
  7. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm getting bored of saying this now:rolleyes:

The Saints and Colts are better than us "right now". Before a million people jump on that I said "right now", not playoffs, not superbowl, "right now". Manning and Brees are playing lights out, indeed I dont think i've seen Manning play as well as he is right now which is saying something as along with TB he is GOAT material

I like our young defense but we just gave up 400 yards to Denver and Kyle Orton so if you think Manning and Brees arent going to have at least 250-300 yard days youre on a different planet

We win these games. as we always used to, with ball control. And that means a running game. Which without Taylor and Morris i'm not sure we have

I'll call it now (again). We get out arses handed to us in one of these games. And in the long run, for the young D, that will be a good thing
  8. Dusty

Dusty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It should be close, I stated my opinion of the Pats - Colts matchup in the other thread (the next 4 games will be out biggest test or w/e) so i wont re-hash that, but I too, am looking forward to it... c'mon November 15th! :)
  9. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

i had like to not count the denver game, b/c of McD

we cannot for a fact know how much his experience helped that offense, but in reality, it could be a very great deal, and yet we still went into OT w/ an undefeated team

honestly, however much i thought we should have won that game, we almost did, and if it wasnt for light's unfortunate injury we would have...

orton got that many yards b/c in the second half they were playing catch up, and also b/c the offense couldnt get more than 2 first downs the whole time.....
  10. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I agree that Manning has been playing great. He doesn't get enough credit around here for his top-notch performances. (Then again, he never will. :) )
  11. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

These two games are going to be tough. I'm hoping we can at least get back Sammy Morris or Fred Taylor for these games, or both of them, because we will need a run game going up against these 2 good offenses, and ball control will be so important. They need to keep Brees and Manning on the sidelines as much as possible.
  12. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think that those two games are gut check games. If the Pats drop both, I will not have large expectations of them heading into the playoffs. If they go 1-1, I will be hopeful, and if they go 2-0 I will expect to see them in the Super Bowl.
  13. merritt

merritt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

its called begrudgiling respect
  14. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

In the Colts and Saints game there will be an 'X-Factor' on those teams that could make or break them.

Pierre Garcon for the Colts Jeremy Shockey for the Saints are going to be the guys that will go a long way in helping out to beat the Pats if they have solid games
  15. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

0-2 against those teams will make A LOT of Pats fans lose confidence that they are an elite team,they MUST win at least one of them.
  16. BostonRedskin

BostonRedskin Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This game is going to be a instant classic imo. I cant wait to see these two teams go at it either. :eat3:
  17. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

i dont see shockey as an x factor

and i think other than wayne, the wr's of the colts can be handled man to man

now if gonzalez comes back by the time we play them....things will get more interesting
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

Didn't even consider the Meriweather vs. Manning match-up. I think that's going to be a good one to watch. Personally, I think we'll take the Colts and the Saints. I'd actually be suprised if we lost to either team. The Saints game just reeks of the build-up to the Chicago game in 2006.
  19. Coltsfan87

Coltsfan87 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gonzo will be back by then. I think they said he starts practice next week. he feels up for it.

btw, wayne is not banged up. he had a light injury last week, but polian said he'll be fine for THIS sunday. he will be 100% for the pats game.

anyway, should be a good game. although I believe the colts will win it ;)
  20. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think Bodden and Butler are going to be the matchup we want to see against the arm of Peyton,Bodden will probably cover Wayne and Butler could be assigned Garcon

Meriweather will be interesting to watch in keeping Clark in check
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.