PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S. Holmes to stay a Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh?

this makes no sense
why? This is good for the Patriots. The Jets paid WAY too much for Holmes at the expense of having hororendous depth and still having many unreplaced starters lost from last year.
They paid him like he was a top 3 WR and he is, possibly, a top 20

The Jets had 2 options here this entire time, either they sign Holmes and let most of the rest of their team walk or they sign some core parts of their team and make Edwards their #1.

10 million per year is the reported contract, that drys up all of their dead money which was freed up (yet we are still unable to get clarification on this). now if they went after aso they would need to restructure practically everyone and use every option available, leaving them in a huge hole for the next few years and also unable to sign the little pieces who will inevitably be forced to walk.

Overall the Jets Downgrade at WR and everywhere else and upgrade at Corner.
How are they upgrading at corner?

This a significant signing for the Jets and any of you that laugh at the deal are just being defiant. If the Jets go on and sign Aso, they are clearly the favorites to win the East.

lets do a reality check here. so far the jets have signed 2 free agents who were already on their roster from last year, they still have a whole mess of important free agents left.

Asomugha is only rumored to have interest from the jets. that doesn't mean it is a done deal and you can mail in the division to the jets. it would be far easier for any number of teams out there with lots of cap room to offer him a better deal than the jets could possibly offer him, plus he doesn't have any connection to the jets other than he is friends with Revis.

Who cares about the total money, I'm sure the Jets structured it in a way that will not hurt them as bad as many here think it will.

Besides, if it makes the team better, and specifically Sanchez and the offense, that's all that matters. Remember when we gave up a 2nd and 7th for a short slot receiver.

It doesn't matter how they star-stud the roster. They will choke anyway. They proved it last year for what, the 40th time?

Who cares what they did against the Steelers. They beat the living hell out of us on our own home field. We need to worry about how we match up with them and not the rest of the league. We want the Pats to win the Super Bowl and need not worry about whether the Jets lose it.

I'm really worried they are going to get Nnamdi as well:

Am told Jets' aggressive play with Holmes will not deter pursuit of Nnamdi. Couple players notified of possible restructure if needed.

Twitter

“I keep hearing from well placed relible NFL sources that this Jet talk and Nmandi Asomugha is serious and I mean serious,” Lombardi wrote on Twitter.

Asomugha day two update: Jets interest is serious, Bucs may be out | ProFootballTalk

I thought they didn't have that much cap space, barely enough for Holmes, so how they go after Nnamdi as well?

Can someone please tell me how is this possible? (and what I mean by that is please tell me it's not possible!!!)

I've been out of the loop for a while, but what's the status of David Harris?

How are they pulling this off? Even at Jetscap.com they were only $7 million under the cap - which hardly gives room for rookies. Now Holmes for $10 milli. And now Asomugha is likely headed there.

Super. :bricks:

lets do a reality check here. so far the jets have signed 2 free agents who were already on their roster from last year, they still have a whole mess of important free agents left.

Asomugha is only rumored to have interest from the jets. that doesn't mean it is a done deal and you can mail in the division to the jets. it would be far easier for any number of teams out there with lots of cap room to offer him a better deal than the jets could possibly offer him, plus he doesn't have any connection to the jets other than he is friends with Revis.

Not just interest, serious interest. I'm sure they'll get him just because I don't want it to happen.

"10M per year" is meaningless.

What are the first 3 year numbers (24M is guaranteed, that's probably counting first year salary as well) and what is the cap hit this season. Those are the only relevant questions

Bingo! Atleast somebody understands how a contract works. Dont be shocked by the price..we will be seeing vets take bigger contracts with the new rookie wage scale in place. More $$$ for vets..less for rooks.

If their entire team restructures they might be able to sneak a decent offer through to aso, but they still should not be able to compete with all of these other teams some of whom supposedly have 40 million cap space which has to be spent (BUCS)

if the jets who are hurting on the cap walk away with the 2 best Free agents in this years class i will be severely disappointed in these other limp-****ed GMs

If the Jets go on and sign Aso, they are clearly the favorites to win the East.

Thanks, Nostradamus.

Nothing like categorical predictions a day into free agency.

Bill, go get Nnamdi. I don't care if we're set at CB

If their entire team restructures they might be able to sneak a decent offer through to aso, but they still should not be able to compete with all of these other teams some of whom supposedly have 40 million cap space which has to be spent (BUCS)

if the jets who are hurting on the cap walk away with the 2 best Free agents in this years class i will be severely disappointed in these other limp-****ed GMs

No way he goes to Bucs or Houston. He is going to the Jets. Book it. Book it. When they want someone, they always seem to get them. I will not sleep well tonight worrying about their all out quest to win the Super Bowl.

favorites to win the East.

so essentially what you are saying is that the jets by losing most of their free agents, resigning Holmes and adding Asomugha they would be favorites in the division.

You are saying that the difference between Cromartie and Asomugha alone wins them the division.

why don't you just go ahead and give them to Superbowl too like Rex Ryan.

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
Jets main competition for Asomuga right now are the 49ers, they are in it strong...will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back